This happens every so often, and it gets really frustrating when it happens when I’m Jason. I’ll be playing, and suddenly my screen goes black and the game exits out. I open it back up and it restarts completely. Does anybody else experience this? I play on Xbox One if that helps. It happened just now when I got selected to be Jason, and not even 15 seconds into the match my screen goes black then the game exits out. Really annoying.

Is this a game problem or a problem with the console? I don’t really play a lot of other games but with the few others I do play, while I don’t play them as much as I play this game, I’ve never had this issue with them.

That does sound annoying....I play on PS4 and very very rarely the game has crashed out on me before......unfortunately it could be many different things that cause this issue....

Loss of or bad connection...

game locks up.

console programming error

unfortunately it is a rare issue that is hard to pin down to one or the other.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That does sound annoying....I play on PS4 and very very rarely the game has crashed out on me before......unfortunately it could be many different things that cause this issue....

Loss of or bad connection...

game locks up.

console programming error

unfortunately it is a rare issue that is hard to pin down to one or the other.

Thanks for the answer. Thankfully this doesn’t happen very often, but when it does happen, it is very annoying. Yeah, I thought it could be something to do with the connection too, and maybe the game just stopped because of that. There was a similar thing I came across which was very weird. I was playing and Jason was chasing me when suddenly the screen blacked out, just like what happened with the game crashing before. Except the screen stayed black for a few seconds and then suddenly went back on and showed I was still alive, standing somewhere else, (I had been running so maybe when the screen turned black it left me running?) and Jason was gone. It resolved itself but that was something that only happened once, never came across it again. That might’ve been something to do with the connectivity but what happened today, it must be one of the things you mentioned in your post. Thankfully it doesn’t happen too often, but I’m really curious if it’s the actual game or the console. Things like this happen with regular games on phones and stuff, so maybe it’s the system, something it does when it experiences a connectivity issue? 

I play on Xbox One as well and have experienced this issue a handful of times.  I kind of feel like it's an Xbox thing to be honest.  I've had that issue with other games as well.