Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

NO NEW GAME FROM GUNMEDIA IN 2020.

Recommended Posts

Its a shame and too bad that Gunmedia cant just crank out a new HUGE HORROR FRANCHISE TITLED VIDEO GAME.

There is tons of Horror movie titles that have not gotten a Video game yet.

My Question for Matt Shotcha is Why is it soo Hard to Make Video games.

Why is it soo hard to get a License to create a video game based on a low budget horror movie that no one cares about.

Movies like HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY Would be so scary and great as video games.

Id like to ask the other forum members here what rare Horror movie titles would you like to see made into a Video game.

Id like to see a PURGE video game.

or a video game based on James Wan movies like The Conjuring and Annabelle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are going to ask Matt a legitimate question tag him like so..... @mattshotcha

There are a lot of moving parts involved when attempting to acquire a license.....

you can’t just ask the license holder for the rights and them say ok go ahead...there is a lot of copyright laws involved....sometimes multiple right holders to deal with......you have to sell the idea and that the game will be profitable and finally make a deal that is beneficial for all parties involved..... it’s not an easy feat by any means.

Also we are not privy to all the info at Gun Media just because you haven’t heard anything doesn’t mean they aren’t working on something.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If you are going to ask Matt a legitimate question tag him like so..... @mattshotcha

There are a lot of moving parts involved when attempting to acquire a license.....

you can’t just ask the license holder for the rights and them say ok go ahead...there is a lot of copyright laws involved....sometimes multiple right holders to deal with......you have to sell the idea/ game will be profitable and finally make a deal that is beneficial for all parties involved..... it’s not a easy feat by any means.

Also we are not privy to all the info at Gun Media just because you haven’t heard anything doesn’t mean they aren’t working on something.

Well why is Illfonic able to get THE PREDATOR TITLED Video game.

But Gun Media and Wes Keltner struggles to get any new video games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

But Gun Media and Wes Keltner struggles to get any new video games.

How do you know that they are struggling to get a new project? Has anyone from Gun Media contacted you and said that they cant find work?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Well why is Illfonic able to get THE PREDATOR TITLED Video game.

But Gun Media and Wes Keltner struggles to get any new video games.

I can’t answer the Predator game question since I am not privy to the facts about the situation......

But I can speculate so here you go....

The Predator is going to be a Sony exclusive. So Sony, probably based on the successful sales of F13 the game on their system acquired the rights to our favorite Alien Hunter and then contacted Illfonic since they were the game programmers of F13 to create the multiplayer game.

( Sony wants multiplayer games.)

Gun media Probably never even knew Sony was looking to make a Predator game Until after the fact.....or they weren’t interested in making one.....this is all my opinion.

As for Gun struggling to get new game licenses.......your comment is based on assumptions to build the narrative that you created...a better question to ask is... 

Why do you make such exaggerated assumptions and spew them out as facts when they clearly are not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I can’t answer the Predator game question since I am not privy to the facts about the situation......

But I can speculate so here you go....

The Predator is going to be a Sony exclusive so Sony probably based on the successful sales of F13 the game on their system acquired the rights to our favorite Alien Hunter and then contacted Illfonic since they were the game programmers of F13 to create the multiplayer game.

( Sony wants multiplayer games.)

Gun media Probably never even knew Sony was looking to make a Predator game Until after the fact.....or they weren’t interested in making one.....this is all my opinion.

As for Gun struggling to get new game licenses.......your comment is based on assumptions to build the narrative that you created...a better question to ask is... 

Why do you make such exaggerated assumptions and spew them out as facts when they clearly are not?

 
f7wugRVH_bigger.jpg
 
Lemme beat the trolls to the punch. (ahem) "You probably do design games with a crayon. Kekw."
 
14
 
2
 
45
 

 

wes keltner said on twitter that he is having trouble finding gunmedias next project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not what he said.

We'll discuss what is next for Gun when it's time. That time is not now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Strigoi said:
 
f7wugRVH_bigger.jpg
 
Lemme beat the trolls to the punch. (ahem) "You probably do design games with a crayon. Kekw."
 
14
 
2
 
45
 

 

wes keltner said on twitter that he is having trouble finding gunmedias next project.

Where in that Twitter post does it say he’s having trouble finding their next project?

@OCT 31 1978, we would all like the answer to the last question you asked in your post above. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Why is it soo hard to get a License to create a video game based on a low budget horror movie that no one cares about.

@Strigoi why do you not contact one of your favorite movie studios, and ask them this very question by yourself in order to find out? 

It doesn’t make sense to me that you keep on repeating and asking the very same questions to Gun Media all over again.

They will have their reasons, like any good author will have,  who does not want to publish any trash novel every year, just because there is someone asking for it. Quality needs time, be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

@Strigoi why do you not contact one of your favorite movie studios, and ask them this very question by yourself in order to find out? 

It doesn’t make sense to me that you keep on repeating and asking the very same questions to Gun Media all over again.

They will have their reasons, like any good author will have,  who does not want to publish any trash novel every year, just because there is someone asking for it. Quality needs time, be patient.

Well i guess you right.

it does take time to complete deals and licenses for a horror titled video game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Strigoi, good quality games take time. I'm not an expert, but let's break it down a bit.

It takes time to secure the rights to make the game.

It takes time to get the budget and funds together.

It takes time to conceptualize the vision of the game. A lot of research needs to be done on the source material.

It takes time to cast for vocal artists, or even to do motion capture.

There are a number of other things to consider, depending on the project or company.

Remember, just because a company isn't putting out products left and right doesn't mean they aren't planning something.

Also, there are other companies out there. Others may be planning horror games similar to this.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...