Dragonfire82877

Combat Stance combats hiding spots?

Has this been a thing since launch? I noticed it a couple weeks ago for the first time, but thought it may have been a fluke. Now there are others talking about it on the Facebook groups. I now use combat stance every time I enter a cabin and suspect someone is in a hiding spot. Jason literally will auto lock on the hiding location when you enter combat stance. If it has been in game since launch, I never noticed it.

• Like 1

I do this too. I was wondering if it’s supposed to be that way. It makes it so much easier than to waste time checking every hiding spot when you’re not sure where exactly they are. I don’t know if it was from launch since I didn’t play Jason as much then and didn’t know all that I know now, but I think it must’ve been because in combat stance focuses on any enemy or person around, same goes for when somebody is hiding.  For counselors I found sometimes it works  through walls. One time a Jason   was trying to get me to leave a cabin so he put stalk  on and I knew he was still there so I waited. I was in combat stance and it was locking on Jason even though he was behind a wall lol. 

But anyway, I didn’t even know this was a thing other people knew. As stupid as it sounds I thought that I was one of the only people who actually use  it after they unknowingly came across it. I think it’s really helpful. 

I noticed this while chopping doors in CS and sometimes use it to find people. I forget good tactics like that as Jason sometimes though because i get frantic on the controls when i smell blood, haha

Yeah this is why lock-on needs to go. Just lock-on in general. Plenty of games with combat have no lock-on or aim-assist and they work great. In fact, lack of lock-on would allow players to aim better and could actually improve their hit rate.

Lock on really sucks as a counselor because it prioritizes OTHER COUNSELORS over Jason.

So many times I've stanced up with Jason and some counselor wanders up behind me and i switch over to them.

• Like 1