Sign in to follow this  
Sanitago5

Jason is too easy to kill, implements a new system of combat and rage

Killing Jason is a feat that in the movies only Tommy Jarvis has been able to accomplish, I make an honorable mention of Chris Higgins leaving Jason immobilized and almost dead in the barn, Tina "The Jedi powers" Shepard (she managed to defeat Jason just because she had superpowers), and then again Tommy Jarvis for reviving Jason to have the ability to sink him into the lake and kill fake Voorhees, Roy Burns. BUT IN THE GAME JASON IS RIDICULOUSLY EASY TO KILL!

To summarize how easy it is to remove Jason’s mask I will say that I was removed with A COOKING POT, I have seen how players remove Jason’s mask also with pans, pipelines, bat or branches, etc...

Needless to say, Jason’s mask should only be removed with really blunt or sharp objects (shotgun, machete or axe).

On the other hand to add a little difficulty to what is quite a feat in the movies as I mentioned earlier, make Jason only able to die if Tommy Jarvis has his mask.

The combat system for Jason and the survivors is very bad. If there’s no such thing as friendly fire, I don’t understand why the self-aiming when you’re a survivor points to your partners. Even with Jason, if you’re not out on the field with survivors, I don’t understand why when you’re trying to break up a house in combat mode, if there’s someone inside, you can’t because you’re auto aiming. That’s a tiny part of how bad the combat system is and the level of power Jason should have with respect to the survivors.

Finally the rage mode must improve. It would be great if Jason’s anger went up the more you hit him and provoke him ONLY, it shouldn’t go up automatically as time goes on. There are players who just wait to have the rage mode to kill or stand still so they get hit a lot and have the rage mode fast to start killing. Plus it would be nice if you could stun Jason with rage mode but with heavy weapons (axe, bat, machete, and shotgun), and after rage mode the other objects on the map are useless like flare gun, pipes, branches, boards, wrenches, etc. By the way, I don’t understand how the machete only serves to remove Jason’s mask when it should stun better.

• Confused 1

yr kiddin right  they made jason over powered with powers he dont even have in the movie what they need to do is removed those powers and make him like the movie just a old geezer that kills ppl cuz he was born retarded n nuts thats all

@Sanitago5, a number of people feel dissatisfied with the ease of the Jason kill. A number of topics have popped up about the matter, and we were told that the stance on the ease of the Jason kill was not the popular opinion of the majority of the player base.

Given how late in the game's life cycle we are in, I don't know if we'll see the changes that could make the kill more challenging. It would be nice, but I'm gonna hope for the best, while being prepared for the worst.

@MovieWatcher101, the abilities that Jason has were probably the best the team could muster to give him a chance against seven counselors. While they do not literally emulate the full skill set that Jason has, it is better than nothing.

Stalk is a given, as Jason did stalk his victims in the movies.

Sense was equally likely. Jason did seem to anticipate where his victims were headed, or where they ended up.

Morph and Shift gave Jason means to get around camp. While he may not have had a literal ability to move around camp like that, the moves gave the best impression of his "right place, right time" dynamic.

As far as removing elements, I'd rather see adjustments or tweaks, if the developers feel they are necessary. The support for this game will end one day. Let's hope it's in decent shape when that day comes.

• Like 2

It isn’t going to happen. Our devs aren’t smart enough in the game balance category to realize how OP kill squads are.

Counselors shouldn’t be able to gangbang Jason like they do. If multiple counselors (3-4+) are surrounding Jason he should automatically be able to put out more damage. This would prevent this problem from happening. 

• Haha 2

Nothing's going to happen. The facts are in their face and most of us are tired and sound like a broken radio arguing with these devs.

I still don't know where this part of the community thinks the mask isn't easy to take off. Especially in public matches.

I know I can kill Jason's before they get shift as long as I have two friends.

One counselor sets a trap for the other one to die on. The counselor that set the trap now commits suice and it's instant Tommy! No waiting, instant! 

Now it's time for Tommy to go to the shack and meet sweater girl. Tommy can demask in two clean hits with a machete since you don't want to stun Jason.

I have countless videos of killing Jason when we are bored within 2 mins of game start. Even if Majority of players have over 100+ days, they will not stand a chance in public matches. 

Not saying all Jason's are gonna die, but in public matches yeah just about 90-95% success rate in killing Jason's before they even get shift on a small map.

@Summerofheat, some people feel the Jason kill is a bit on the easy side. It is a heated topic because every person will never be in complete agreement. It has been said that more people disagree than agree with the statement. That's supposed to be based on all platforms, and not just this one.

Hopefully, some adjustments will be considered by the time support comes to an end.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

@Summerofheat, some people feel the Jason kill is a bit on the easy side. It is a heated topic because every person will never be in complete agreement. It has been said that more people disagree than agree with the statement. That's supposed to be based on all platforms, and not just this one.

Hopefully, some adjustments will be considered by the time support comes to an end.

I get it. I've heard the same response enough. I created this account on the forums to express thIs one statement. 

Whatever game it is, balance needs to come from a higher level of play. Not casuals. I'm not the biggest fan of cod, But just to use it as an example, a lot of balance updates are not even noticed by casuals but more for the Competetive players. 

What difference would it really make to the casuals if the mask took 4 hits instead of 2? A little more mask HP? 

Do you know that if you shoot Jason with a shotgun, you are doing 25 damage? And guess what, if you time it right you can sneak in another hit before Jason gets a chance to block. 

Same thing with pocket knives. If timed correctly, you can sneak in a hit. Does that seem fair? Jason's mask coming off before he even gets a chance to fight back? 

Firecrackers.. shotguns.. pocket knives all can allow free hits if timed correctly. Yeah a lot of people don't utilize this, but the players that are hardcore players know this including myself. Friday is a fun game but each game in a multiplayer environment can create some Competetive nature. And it's not fun when things are obviously not balanced and the devs still don't see the facts but just ignore the balance and the due dillegenace they have to put in and just leave it to "it's an unpopular opinion" 

And the rage update.. made it even worse. It made Jason a lot more weak than he already is. 

If your not gonna fix Jason's mask, at least after rage don't allow full damage to be done on Jason's. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Summerofheat said:

IWhatever game it is, balance needs to come from a higher level of play. Not casuals. I'm not the biggest fan of cod, But just to use it as an example, a lot of balance updates are not even noticed by casuals but more for the competitive players.

I'm sure some changes for Jason will come eventually. When and what remain to be seen, but I hope that the final Jason experience will be a bit better than what we have at the moment.

What difference would it really make to the casuals if the mask took 4 hits instead of 2? A little more mask HP? I

I think it will make a difference to some players more than others. It would be a nice change, but casuals won't all enjoy it.

Do you know that if you shoot Jason with a shotgun, you are doing 25 damage? And guess what, if you time it right you can sneak in another hit before Jason gets a chance to block. 

I am aware, even if others are not. Casuals don't play like hardcore players, and vice versa.

Same thing with pocket knives. If timed correctly, you can sneak in a hit. Does that seem fair? Jason's mask coming off before he even gets a chance to fight back? 

Fair or not, until the developers consider changing it, we're stuck with it for now. Hopefully, it'll change.

Firecrackers.. shotguns.. pocket knives all can allow free hits if timed correctly. Yeah a lot of people don't utilize this, but the players that are hardcore players know this including myself. Friday is a fun game but each game in a multiplayer environment can create some Competetive nature. And it's not fun when things are obviously not balanced and the devs still don't see the facts but just ignore the balance and the due dillegenace they have to put in and just leave it to "it's an unpopular opinion" 

Competitive mindsets come into play, if a player chooses to think that way. Some players don't necessarily feel the need to be competitive.

And the rage update.. made it even worse. It made Jason a lot more weak than he already is. 

IThe Rage update didn't turn out the way everyone hoped, but it did cut down on the pinata parties that were a thing.

If your not gonna fix Jason's mask, at least after rage don't allow full damage to be done on Jason's. 

Hopefully we'll see appropriate changes before the game is abandoned.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, Summerofheat said:

I get it. I've heard the same response enough. I created this account on the forums to express thIs one statement. 

Whatever game it is, balance needs to come from a higher level of play. Not casuals. I'm not the biggest fan of cod, But just to use it as an example, a lot of balance updates are not even noticed by casuals but more for the Competetive players. 

What difference would it really make to the casuals if the mask took 4 hits instead of 2? A little more mask HP? 

Is this @DontZzz34 or @GeneiJin

• Confused 2