Part 8 with +Morph instead
Part 3 with quick knives after stuns
A perfectly sneaky ghost Part 2
Part 9 with tons of traps, +shift, and grip strength instead

7 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

The best advantages together for Jason mostly unreleased

You forgot something:

+ can fly

seriously, I don’t want to play any DC „Superman“ game, but my Jason with all his strengths and weaknesses.

An Option for private matches would surely work, but I see some cheaters using such an OP Jason then also in Quickplay.

Hmm, these could actually be countered.

+Stun Resistance
+Throwing Knives

Combine with:

-Can't Run

-Shift

-Traps

+Shift
+Traps

Combine with:

-Morph

-Defense

-Can't Run

+Can Run
+Stalk
+Destruction

Combine with:

-Defense

-Stun Resistence

-Shift

+Waterspeed
+Morph

Combine with:

-Can't Run

-Shift

-Stun Resistence

I would've liked to see Part 7 with a proper retooled Grip Strength, so it actually mattered as a stat as a strength, weakness and neutral. Just one of the many examples of the paper thin gameplay we got in the end. I would've kept his Grip, Sense and Water Strength, then kept traps, Stun and Can't run as the weaknesses.

However, other stats would have to be retooled as well, because if Part 3 were allowed to have Grip, Weapon and the standard running. He'd continue to be the unbalanced god he is now. As it is, only 3 Jasons in the game are arguably completely balanced, with actual strengths and actual weaknesses.

Part 2, Part 4 and Part 6 all have defined strengths and weaknesses. They are the most balanced Jasons in the game, with about half and half play in lobbies.

Part 3, Roy, Savini and Part 8 are completely unbalanced and thus preferred in most lobbies.

Parts 7 and 9 are middle of the road. Not OP, but not really balanced either. Acquired taste really. I enjoy them because the Jason alarms are merely Jason alarms (traps) and one when counselor can pack 6 sprays and thick skin. They can completely vaporize the use for them as is. The best offset is better pressure as Jason. I like more challenge, it doesn't mean im super elite or anything or boasting. Most Jasons burn their traps right away, but I find it best to hold onto them, especially if you're in a lobby with a lot of thick skin/medic. If you put on enough pressure and make them burn their sprays up, you can use the traps later when lobbies are less likely to tank them. Again, its circumstantial though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I would've liked to see Part 7 with a proper retooled Grip Strength, so it actually mattered as a stat as a strength, weakness and neutral. Just one of the many examples of the paper thin gameplay we got in the end. I would've kept his Grip, Sense and Water Strength, then kept traps, Stun and Can't run as the weaknesses.

However, other stats would have to be retooled as well, because if Part 3 were allowed to have Grip, Weapon and the standard running. He'd continue to be the unbalanced god he is now. As it is, only 3 Jasons in the game are arguably completely balanced, with actual strengths and actual weaknesses.

Part 2, Part 4 and Part 6 all have defined strengths and weaknesses. They are the most balanced Jasons in the game, with about half and half play in lobbies.

Part 3, Roy, Savini and Part 8 are completely unbalanced and thus preferred in most lobbies.

Parts 7 and 9 are middle of the road. Not OP, but not really balanced either. Acquired taste really. I enjoy them because the Jason alarms are merely Jason alarms (traps) and one when counselor can pack 6 sprays and thick skin. They can completely vaporize the use for them as is. The best offset is better pressure as Jason. I like more challenge, it doesn't mean im super elite or anything or boasting. Most Jasons burn their traps right away, but I find it best to hold onto them, especially if you're in a lobby with a lot of thick skin/medic. If you put on enough pressure and make them burn their sprays up, you can use the traps later when lobbies are less likely to tank them. Again, its circumstantial though.

I main Part 7 Jason and I have cleared lobbies pre/post changes to the character but I will state having a 4th trap would be VERY VERY helpful to the character.

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I would’ve liked to see a Jason with 

+knives 

+weapon strength

+can run

That would be the Retro Jason tbh

On 2/1/2020 at 3:25 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Hmm, these could actually be countered.

Combine with:

-Can't Run

-Shift

-Traps

Combine with:

-Morph

-Defense

-Can't Run

Combine with:

-Defense

-Stun Resistence

-Shift

Combine with:

-Can't Run

-Shift

-Stun Resistence

You realize stun resistance, either way ( + or - ) is a bullshit stat and does absolutely nothing, right?

The problem is some stats are absolutely meaningless and pointless...

stun resistance as SC just stated, can/can't run, - HPs, grip strength.   Stun resistance does nothing, Jason doesn't run faster than any counselors and some counselors jog is faster, demasking Jason is easy street as it is so less HP means nothing, and then grip strength - what's the point when you have maybe a second to do any grab kill you want anyway? 

None of those stats do anything of any value, good or bad.

Meanwhile there is only one stat that makes any difference in game play, every game.  Shift.  Negative shift Jasons are automatically at a disadvantage from the start.  Good luck catching that moving car.  Good luck closing a long gap against a running counselor.  

Negative water speed is a huge disadvantage as well, but with all the people who just straight up Jason hunt picking small maps all the time it doesn't matter.  BTW put some swim perks on a character and you can outswim a negative water speed Jason as well. 

Negative traps would be a hindrance if medic and thick skin weren't so overpowered.  But having 3, 5 or 7 traps doesn't make any difference as a lobby of 7 counselors can tank all of your traps anyway without any negative impact to them.  In order for traps to matter, you'd literally have to give Jason like 30 traps. 

Weapon strength and knives are two stats that are a help to any Jason but not everyone has a slashing or knives play style so it doesn't matter every game.  And again, with thick skin and medic combined with spray cancelling they're not as big of a help as they should be. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:10 AM, Somethin Cool said:

You realize stun resistance, either way ( + or - ) is a bullshit stat and does absolutely nothing, right?

The idea is that those stats are for if/when Stun Resistance gets fixed. For a theoretical working stat.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:46 PM, Redcat345 said:

I want Jason to be able to close and barricade doors like in part 3.

If so, Jason should jam the hatch somehow so it cannot be opened.

On 2/1/2020 at 6:51 PM, ExpertDual said:

That would be the Retro Jason tbh

i agree because nintendo jason throws axes & machetes at you on the road in the game, so +knives makes sense. weapon strength because he can wipe you out quick in that game. i think can run is disputable as nintendo jason moves all over the map like crazy so either can run or +morph would make sense. good stuff..