Sign in to follow this  
Treymaker

Progress Check Screen for “Ph.D in Murder” Achievement?

Hello all,

I’ve been gone for a while, just recently got back into the game. This is something I’ve been wishing for, for a while. Is there any chance that a future patch could include a way to view which kills you have completed and which you still need to complete in order to get the Ph.D in Murder achievement?

I literally have everything else in the game completed. All achievements, all badges, all tapes, etc. But, without a progress check screen, I would have to go back and re-do literally every kill in the game, in order to figure which ones I’ve missed. The amount of time that would take is insane. Not to mention, it’s not easy to find a comprehensive list of all the kills needed and where they are located. I’ve seen several with differences between them. I’m a completist, and this is the only thing between me and 100% on the game. 

A way to check progress for this would be amazing, and I wouldn’t think it would be that hard to add. Thoughts?

• Like 2

Yes, this would really be great to have in the game (i.e. a separate screen Like the badges), but most probably not something we will get and see in the Future (due to the lawsuit).

In general, I already have asked myself, how and where exactly in the back system all those stats and the progress of a game, especially this one, are being counted and saved? 

Anyone out there, who can answer that?

Must be a complex programming, which notices and registers if the window kill was from the inside or outside, which weapon I used for the bed kill and which one is missing...

I've done every kill in the game(compared against multiple kill list sheets out there) and my status still only shows 51 of 56. I gave up trying to get the achievement at this point. lol. 

Who knows, with all those bugs and glitches in the game, you may have done everything right more than once, but maybe one of the several corner kills is always not registered correctly. 

That achievement definitely has to be glitched.  I got mine right after my friend and I killed Jason. 😂 We had killed Jason several times before (all parts), the only difference was a random happened to drop him to his knees before I could as Tommy.  Then all the sudden I got the achievement.  Pretty sure that's not supposed to be included in the achievement.

I also just got this trophy as I was killing Jason, which I had already done several times before. 

Can anyone list the unique environmental kills in each map? I know there is the graveyard fence kill in Higgins. What are the other ones?

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

@gmintz09 @emchapps What platform was this on, and were you showing 56of56 kills and just never got the trophy until this point? Def sounds like this achievement is bugged out again.

Xbox One and no, it was only like 97-98% completed for a long time.  

I think it' been bugged since day 1 LOL. I know 2 on Higgins only the graveyard fence and the fence by the barn.

On PS4 you can’t even check how close you are. There is no way to check if you have 55 out of 56 or 1 out of 56, even being able to see that would be better than nothing.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1