Dragonfire82877

February 13th, fingers crossed (lawsuit)

8 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

WOW THIS COULD BE IT.

THE BIG HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

If the lawsuit settles in february or sometime this year.

Then maybe we can petition Horror inc and Victor Miller for a New Friday the 13th game made by another company.

4 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

WOW THIS COULD BE IT.

I’m not expecting much, but hopefully it will be a step in the right direction to finally end the BS so at least merchandising can resume. We still need parts 7,8,9 and X from NECA. We need another F13 movie. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’m not expecting much, but hopefully it will be a step in the right direction to finally end the BS so at least merchandising can resume. We still need parts 7,8,9 and X from NECA. We need another F13 movie. 

True. i would be Happy with just a movie and some new action figures.

I Own some expensive Sideshow toys Jason figures that i got off ebay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It would be nice...

• Like 2

I saw this video earlier and I’m looking forward to if the lawsuit does end soon. Hopefully everything works out, and while there won’t be any new content to F13 the game, there needs to be a new Friday movie. There had been rumors about a new Friday the 13th movie that was supposed to come out sometime last year, which was obviously fake because of the lawsuit, but I think it’s time Jason gets a new movie. Hopefully everything turns out well for them.

Even during the process of the final decision, they can't have the past derivative works separated from the IP again regardless of who will have ownership.

From what I heard during the trial before the last ruling, Sean/Horror Inc tried to clarify this regarding adult Jason, but the Judge completely disregarded that and made it clear he's only giving ownership in regards to the first movie and is not concerned about the follow up derivative works.(the sequels/adult Jason, etc.)

If this ongoing case still revolves around that and this new Judge follows that same decision, a new movie would be impossible and without a settlement, neither Victor or Sean would have the ability go forward with a new movie without infringing on each others IP.

Unless they make Jason a completely different character and give him a retcon backstory, but I honestly don't think fans will accept that.

Interesting. Will this „event“ be public or recorded for the public? 

Any chance that there will be a link / stream after it on which we could  see and actually hear, what both parties are tossing at each other for arguments? And the judge‘s closing words?

@Wolledc  your best bet at finding out any info about the lawsuit and the hearing is to follow Larry Zerner on Twitter. If you aren’t aware, Larry was “Shelly” in Friday the 13th part 3, but is now a copyright lawyer who specializes in cases such as the F13 lawsuit (such irony).

Highly suspect another appeal regardless of the outcome.Especially if for some reason Sean would win you know Victor would appeal.

On 1/30/2020 at 3:42 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Highly suspect another appeal regardless of the outcome.Especially if for some reason Sean would win you know Victor would appeal.

I suspect the same, but hope that isn't the outcome.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:44 PM, F134Ever86 said:

If I was the judge I would force them to settle it or sell the rights to the highest bidder.

Forcing people to do things rarely ends well. It would be good for all of us if they could come to a beneficial solution on both sides.

• Like 1

so yesterday the hearing took finally place, with both sides pleading their point, Larry posted via Twitter a link for a 30 min „podcast“

https://mobile.twitter.com/larryzerner?locale=de

lot of legal technical stuff, what do you think of this?

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AGPMIxgwv_0imHU&cid=E36A2AEB28BA1332&id=E36A2AEB28BA1332!130903&parId=E36A2AEB28BA1332!59271&o=OneUp