I'm currently having various issues with the online community. I'm frustrated, I'm angry, I'm not sure what to say because I can't trust anyone right now. I always have problems dealing with people.

I'm not even sure if I should even be posting this, because part of me thinks all I'll get is people who want to shit on me and no one will do anything about it. Online games are just always full of jerks and the second I try to enter any I get attacked and mocked and harrassed. I'm not looking for sympathy, I don't expect it anymore.

Everyone just decides I'm scum and hates me. I'm trying to get better. I'm just trying to enjoy the game. I can't even enjoy being Jason anymore because I'm afraid of people like this. Is it so hard to just treat people with respect? Is it so fucking hard to be nice to people? Why do I always get paired with fucking assholes. I can't even find a group online, cause when I ask for help with achievements all I get is fucking guff from people who treat me like shit just for asking for help.

I don't even know if this will help or I'll just get more grief. I'm just so sick and tired and frustrated with myself. I've made no real progress with anything. I thought I was getting better and now this shit has completely wrecked my confidence all over again. It's not fair. I can handle losing, I can't handle people being assholes to me just because they won. I just want to have fun. Why do people have to ruin it?

• Like 2

Welcome to gaming in 2020! 

Toxicity is the name of the game.  Just look at different games message boards, this one is actually quite nice and tame in comparison to others.

I wish you luck on finding a different group to play with.  You could always just go on solo in QP, mute the lobby and don't use your mic.  Then you won't have to listen to people being douchebags and can do your own thing, while having your own fun. 

@NthnButAGoodTime could probably get you into the Good Sportsman Club, @Gamera85  I’ve played several rounds with forum members in the club. Everyone played the game the way it’s intended and I never had any bad experiences with it. Most of your random QP lobbies however are going to have a few bad seeds on the regular. 

The group is still around. I'll admit it's not as vibrant as it once was, but you'll still see some form numbers rattling around in it. If you are interested, you can send me your gamertag and I will get an invitation out to you.

1 minute ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

The group is still around. I'll admit it's not as vibrant as it once was, but you'll still see some form numbers rattling around in it. If you are interested, you can send me your gamertag and I will get an invitation out to you.

That's awfully kind of you, sir. I'll send you my tag. Thanks for taking an interest. I'm not sure of what else to say. I don't want to be too formal or anything.

2 hours ago, Gamera85 said:

I'm currently having various issues with the online community. I'm frustrated, I'm angry, I'm not sure what to say because I can't trust anyone right now. I always have problems dealing with people.

I'm not even sure if I should even be posting this, because part of me thinks all I'll get is people who want to shit on me and no one will do anything about it. Online games are just always full of jerks and the second I try to enter any I get attacked and mocked and harrassed. I'm not looking for sympathy, I don't expect it anymore.

Everyone just decides I'm scum and hates me. I'm trying to get better. I'm just trying to enjoy the game. I can't even enjoy being Jason anymore because I'm afraid of people like this. Is it so hard to just treat people with respect? Is it so fucking hard to be nice to people? Why do I always get paired with fucking assholes. I can't even find a group online, cause when I ask for help with achievements all I get is fucking guff from people who treat me like shit just for asking for help.

I don't even know if this will help or I'll just get more grief. I'm just so sick and tired and frustrated with myself. I've made no real progress with anything. I thought I was getting better and now this shit has completely wrecked my confidence all over again. It's not fair. I can handle losing, I can't handle people being assholes to me just because they won. I just want to have fun. Why do people have to ruin it?

I agree, I’m 40, we played NES as kids, we had fun with each other, no days many of the younger folks, and some of the people from my generation have embraced the fact that playing games is supposed to be some die hard competition, like it’s something that you achieved in life, hell its why gamerscores, badges, trophies, etc even exist. Games are supposed to be fun, you wouldn’t talk to your friend next to you that he was a stupid idiot because he missed the platform and died and required Mario to give him a few more lives.

all of these comments like “get gud” or you just don’t know how to play right or complaining about the way you play (like slashing) which is a completely legit tactic regardless if counselors hate it. Then they want to flip cars with knives and bounce onto the packanack roof and be like ohhhh look at me I’m so smart when some other idiot told them how to do it by figuring it out accidentally.

i tell you what happened, we got removed from one another, now I fully support the modern digital age, but it comes with its flaws, one being we are completely anonymous, this shows how we really are, you know kind of like how a man treats a cat can determine his character in seconds (I say cats because dogs are part of the acceptable companions for guys)

I totally feel you, we cannot live in a peaceful world online, which is a sad state of our existence, like how many Facebook groups have you seen not be toxic. Perfect example is a group for no mans sky the game, this is not a PvP game and it’s mostly a niche game and everyone was almost always friendly, well some jackass placed a permanent marker where some of us build (one who is 13) and basically said suck my d#$& by changing a couple letters and I posted it and asked how to report this person and get it removed, instantly a group of what I would have considered all decent people turned into rotten trolls over it. Ok this wasn’t something said in passing it was permanent and anytime someone walked past it they got that message to pop up on their screen and it was in a location everyone needs access to.

i don’t know what to tell you, but it does suck and I completely understand, even grown adults are treating kids like shit in game just because they have a high pitched voice, not because of a bad attitude a lot of times, now what are we teaching our children about the fun of video games if we treat them like that.

i hope I die before I need a nursing home because I’ll probably sit in my own shit for days because the two nurses are arguing over call of duty 2060...

☹️

• Like 1

Oh AshTray900 - steam and xbox

AshTray700 - ps4

btw my friends son next door gets PAID to play rocket league, he’s like 16, have we gone mad as a society! Seriously, it was bad enough when athletes were all that were sucking up people’s attention and money. Now it’s people playing a damn video game!

how about we consider scientific discovery and technological innovation things worth dumping lots of money into.

Idiocracy, was a movie in the early 2000s and now is considered to be a prophecy by many folks, you should watch it! Sad but funny

Gaming isn't about playing to having fun that much anymore man. I don't really know when it turned this way either, in arcades in the 80s if you played a random person would they have trash talked beside you the entire game? "Hey dude, you're bad kid scrub f****t, learn to play boi".

Like I remember playing my PS1 and PS2 with my buddies via split screen and whereas we did tease each other we didn't disregard each others mothers or try to out the other person as gay because they didn't score a goal.

I think online games (and social media unfortunately as it is fairly anonymous) just offers people an outlet to be as toxic as they like with no real repercussions, a warning, temporary ban etc. If the scum of the internet talked the way they do online, in real life on the street they would get beaten up. 

If I'm honest as someone who played CoD/Halo in the early days in those infamous lobbies, probably the most shitty/snidey/pathetic community these days is Rocket League. Holy good christ that community is teeming with scum, I remember this one player was typing "f*g, go kill yourself" etc and I beat him and typed for him to go f*ck himself and I got reported with a temp ban on messaging. Which irritates me, if you're going to give it out you must be prepared to take it, as Qui Gon once said, "theres always a bigger a fish!"

In summation, sorry you're having a shit time man, hopefully you find good people on here to play with.

Me and my Wife got fed up with the community in F13 so we've been playing Dead By Daylight for the longest time now. We've been wanting to get back into F13 but have been hesitant to do so. We play fair and for fun. My GT on Xbox and PlayStation is DarkRicochet117.  Add me.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:13 PM, Gamera85 said:

What system do you play on @Gamera85? I'd be happy to help you out with achievements and such if you'd like. 

Im on PC, same name. 99% of my steam friends are from this game. Lots of cool peeps out there. Just have to weed through the bad ones to find them.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:57 PM, AshTray900 said:

i hope I die before I need a nursing home because I’ll probably sit in my own shit for days because the two nurses are arguing over call of duty 2060...

☹️

LOL.......me too.