In my opinion this game started to go south when the introduction of the dance emotes, as a backer I was sold a horror game not a dance party,  I know that some people will feel different (mostly the trolls of the game) but I think it would be nice if dancing burned up stamina, it something that certainly can be added without it being new content, and would calm it down.

• Thanks 2

While I don’t mind the dancing, I can see where you’re coming from. Especially now since counselors have gotten better, in almost every lobby, if the Jason is good or not you’ll see people stunning Jason then dancing on him. It’s annoying, and I usually just ignore it whenever it’s done to me. I usually use dance emotes when somebody is teaming and I want to make sure they know they’re shit, or when just in general I want to make a funny moment out of something. I was never against the dance emotes, but it definitely does take away the immersion of the horror factor. I like your  suggestion about the stamina being taken up. Maybe when dancing they should make it that you’re more noisy (since if you were to be dancing in real life, you technically would make more noise than if you were just standing still), and Jason can see/detect you easier. 

• Thanks 1

No fan of those dancing emotes either.

Good idea to reduce the stamina while dancing or make it that  who use dance emotes won’t be able to carry a weapon while doing so. Would cost them a second to lay it down and pick it up again. 

Counselors who like to dance in a cabin, have fun with it. But not this teabagging nonsense any more. At least less of it.

• Like 1

I am a fan of the dance emotes, if a Jason has been tunnelling me the entire game, if I smack him down, a little dance emote to piss him off so he makes more mistakes which increases my chance of survival. 

The dance emotes have also given me funny moments of the game, hearing the music playing outside a house, peering in through the window to see 5 counsellors busting moves. Or seeing three teamers dancing beside Jason only for the player driving the car I was in to run them all over is also pretty funny to me.

Even if you took away the dance emotes or made them zap energy, people would spam the crouch button again and again. 

Baggin' or Dancin', people pick yer poison!

10 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

...in almost every lobby, if the Jason is good or not you’ll see people stunning Jason then dancing on him.

If I get danced on even one single time, the whole lobby is fucked. I will go out of my way to be the absolute biggest asshole I possibly can. In my own personal opinion, it's obnoxious as shit and shouldn't have been implemented to begin with.

54 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If I get danced on even one single time, the whole lobby is fucked. I will go out of my way to be the absolute biggest asshole I possibly can. In my own personal opinion, it's obnoxious as shit and shouldn't have been implemented to begin with.

5 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

They should have never been added. Only teamers and tea bagging trolls use them. 

Even if they were never added, people would still teabag you by spamming crouch. Also that isn't true that EVERYBODY who uses them are trolls.

• Like 1

1. Adding them went counter to what they sold the backers and the fans before launch.

2. They probably added them because they were 'easy' content to add. Hindsight being what it is, if that time went to things like Grendel/Uber, a new gamemode, a new custom Jason,, etc actual legit content. Then I'd trade out the emotes in a heart beat.

Counselors could crouch all they want. I wouldn't give a shit if the trade meant more legit content.

• Like 3

well I remember them Being talked about from the start of the campaign and I like them. I don’t dance but I love to flip off Jason.  I have suggested that emotes anger jason and give him a 5 sec rage burst in strength and speed. I thought that would make people a little more hesitant to use them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

They should have never been added. Only teamers and tea bagging trolls use them. 

Theres also players like me who must dance at radios.   Hell, If I see a bunch of people dancing in a cabin with the radio blasting, im in!   Those are my people.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

Even if they were never added, people would still teabag you by spamming crouch. Also that isn't true that EVERYBODY who uses them are trolls.

I agree, and I use them too in some instances, usually if I'm hanging out by the road waiting on the cops. The emotes themselves aren't what's obnoxious, it's the fucktards that use them on a stunned Jason.

And yes, I'm aware they could just tea-bag instead (which also leads to the lobby getting fucked over). 

Dance emotes are meant for roleplaying I think, because the game is based on teenagers working on a summer camp who only think about booze, sex, parties. 

Considering Tiffany is the only one dancing in any of the camp openings, most use they get is taunting Jason.

Oh and possible use for humor if someone is stuck on a roof and wants to give the remaining players a laugh. A bikini clad Jenny dancing cause she's stuck on the shack... that's all I say.

7 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Theres also players like me who must dance at radios.   Hell, If I see a bunch of people dancing in a cabin with the radio blasting, im in!   Those are my people.

lol

count me in on that too, ace!

i like the dance moves & emotes.. they come in handy for a good laugh.. like when mitch trys to fill the gas, then jason shows up & instead of mitch running like hell, he throws a fit & stomps his feet like a little kid then jason teaches him a new dance move.. the headless boogie. hilarious. the movies were more funny than scary for the most part anyways..

i do think that dancing should cause ALOT of noise though.. not loss of stam as many subjested. there should be a penalty.

6 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

If the counselor is moving stamina should be taken, as simple as that.

I agree with this mainly because of this reason... If you are recharging your stamina after running and stand completely still but move the camera around to look, it makes the stamina recharge at a snail's pace. Just from moving the camera, not even walking or anything. Dancing should use some kind of stamina if moving the camera uses it. 

• Like 2

I actually use dancing for a specific reason.  Jason cant see what weapon you are holding while you are dancing.  So if I have the shotty or flare gun I will sometimes dance so I can surprise Jason.

It still irks me that they removed the ability to emote during your exit to the cops. I used to enjoy a little victory dance after feeling like I scored the winning touchdown. Them taking it out was reminiscent of the No Fun League. Now, instead of a little harmless shimmy, I go into combat stance and repeatedly whack the hell out of Jason during the exit animation. See, Devs? All I wanted was to shake my tail-feather a little and entertain the police. Now, poor Jason gets beat up instead, and sometimes his mask even comes off and I'm technically not in the game anymore. I'm not proud of it.

• Haha 1

Emotes are just for the lols. I think the devs took “horror” out of the game and made it more of a “comedy/entertainment game with how it was made. With how easy counselors can troll Jason with stunning him and dance emotes on him and also can loop him around a long table.... yeah jason isn’t intimidating enough. Jason should be able to throw furniture and break it. 

On 1/28/2020 at 3:01 PM, TedWhiteJ4 said:

If the counselor is moving stamina should be taken, as simple as that.

Dancing should not take up stamina..    Hell, jogging slowly should not take up stamina either.

If it was up to me.  Jogging would not take up stamina.  But running now decreases at double the rate.  Or at least 1.5 times the current rate.

Still to this day..  The most annoying thing when playing as Counselor is the fact that you have to creep walk slowly to avoid draining stamina while moving.