TimDuke 01

Jason morphing inside house/cabin

That's correct I said MORPHING not shifting. 2 people on Facebook claim to have had it happen either to them or did it themselves.The one person said 2 minutes in a match he was in a 1 door cabin with door bolted and Jason appeared inside and the other person claims he put the red cursor on a cabin and he ended up inside.Anyone else have this happen? 

I didn‘t report or mentioned this so far as I thought this couldn’t be real, but following happened a week ago:

I started as a counselor directly at the phone cabin (it was one of the bigger ones, long dinner table in it) and barricaded both doors and went to the usual drawer opening game. Few seconds later the static came and the Jason music appeared, so I assumed jason must have  morphed directly to the phone cabin to trap the phone box.

Without him having sense at that time and doesn’t want to cause pings by myself, I waited and stood moveless in the corner (between door + fireplace) and arranged the ankle of my camera view to be able to watch both barricaded doors. Both remained barricaded, but suddenly I was grabbed by Jason from behind.

I thought WTF, but I then was killed within 90 sec into the match in a barricaded cabin? 

So not sure what this is about, glitch or cheating?

This happened to me one time a couple months ago, and it freaked me out. I was the last one alive in a larger cabin, and I was waiting by the window next to the fireplace. Suddenly I see Jason inside. I didn’t hear him breaking in or anything, so I just thought maybe I didn’t hear him breaking the back door (this has happened many times when I’m in a different room). However when I ran to go out the back door, it was completely barricaded, just as the front door was. Guess Jason uses windows now. 🤣

In all seriousness, I guess this is a glitch of some kind because I was watching a jason gameplay on YouTube, and this glitch happened to them, and they were pretty confused about it themselves. Although it is pretty unfair to just appear inside of a cabin, the Jason I was playing against used stalk, and even though he didn’t mean to morph inside (at least to my knowledge) it made for a very cool jumpscare. :) 

Post a link to that video if you can.So this tells me it does happen.Now the next question is can you do it on purpose and have some people figured out how to do it and keeping their mouth shut so it doesn't get patched.

I do not have any record of this match, therefore no chance to review/analyze it.

Tried this out by myself as Jason, but it didn’t work (each morph ended outside of cabins), so my best guess is that this is just some kind of random glitch happening from time to time.

Question:  With so many complaining that Jason is too weak, would it really be bad for the gameplay, if Jason could intentionally do this? this special „inside-cabin-morph“-ability (in combination with stalk) could make Jason strong(er) again and the whole game scarier.

I tend to lean toward it's just a random glitch. If you could purposely do this at will, the counselor mains would be screaming bloody murder as there would be no point in shutting the doors let alone bolting them. It would make Jason too OP and this is coming from a person who only wants to play as Jason. Yeah it would make for good jump scares. With all the hacking going on in PC, it wouldn't surprise me if a hacker could do it.

11 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Post a link to that video if you can.So this tells me it does happen.Now the next question is can you do it on purpose and have some people figured out how to do it and keeping their mouth shut so it doesn't get patched.

Here you go, glitch happens at 11:38. 

• Thanks 1

This explains so much now! I thought I was going deaf or Jason had a stealth axe or something.  One minute I'm in a barricaded cabin searching and the next I'm jumping through a window to escape him when I never heard him break in. Happened twice to me now

@FridayThe31st thanks for posting this. When it did happen to me I really doubted myself if that really had happened. Would have been cool if there had been another counselor in that cabin and see his jumpscare

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

@FridayThe31st thanks for posting this. When it did happen to me I really doubted myself if that really had happened. Would have been cool if there had been another counselor in that cabin and see his jumpscare

No problem. It’s only happened to me as a counselor, and when I saw this person’s YouTube video I got to see it from Jason’s point of view. If you notice, they teleported some ways outside the cabin, which is really weird how it ended up putting them inside. I think this is a glitch and I don’t think there’s a trick to doing this because then we’d probably see it far more often. I definitely am not against this actually being implemented into the game as one of Jason’s abilities. Maybe if he morphs in a certain place directly on top of a cabin. Because then you’d always have to be on the watch, and in bigger cabins you’d want to keep the doors to all rooms closed because you never really know where he’s gonna be, especially if he puts stalk on.  But people would definitely start that whole Jason is OP thing, like you said. I think it’ll  definitely make  the game harder and scarier because you can never be safe.

21 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

But people would definitely start that whole Jason is OP thing,

Yeah, I can already hear them crying and begging for some „pocket knife“ perks like starting with one PK or the epic one each PK can be used twice 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

Yeah, I can already hear them crying and begging for some „pocket knife“ perks like starting with one PK or the epic one each PK can be used twice 

😂😂😂

Shit. Imagine if there was a PK perk. Almost everybody would have it on every one of their counselors, so as jason, I’d just give up with grabbing and slash slash slash. And then they’ll start crying that there are too many slashers and to nerf his weapon so it takes 30 hits to cripple them, so you can never win. 

Yes thanks for posting, I think it's just a random glitch judging by the video. I'll do some testing against 1 bot on easy mode to test it good. I'd like to see if you can do it on a consistent basis and does it happen on all the maps or just Packanack (the map in the video). It definitely would be too OP to do this intentionally. Why  even close the doors if Jason can do this? FridayThe31st that is exactly why there isn't a pocket knife perk, All Jason players would do nothing but slash and the crying would commence.LOL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Yes thanks for posting, I think it's just a random glitch judging by the video. I'll do some testing against 1 bot on easy mode to test it good. I'd like to see if you can do it on a consistent basis and does it happen on all the maps or just Packanack (the map in the video). It definitely would be too OP to do this intentionally. Why  even close the doors if Jason can do this? FridayThe31st that is exactly why there isn't a pocket knife perk, All Jason players would do nothing but slash and the crying would commence.LOL

I can’t remember if when it happened to me it was Packanack or not. I can’t say for sure but  I know it was one of the three original maps.  

LOL, it sure would. 😂🤣On the topic of pocket knives, if I didn’t know better I’d think that Vanessas came with a secret spawn with a pocket knife perk because they always have a damn knife! 

Whenever I am playing as Jason all Vanessas seem to have a special ability to find PK in the first drawer they open, almost every one has one when I grab them. 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It definitely would be too OP to do this intentionally

If this special ability would only be available for Jason once in the match (a one time use / like using the sweater), it could work.

Counselors would always be forced to barricade doors, to be cautious, the gameplay would be scarier as nobody would be aware if Jason had already used his special move or when exactly he will).

9 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Whenever I am playing as Jason all Vanessas seem to have a special ability to find PK in the first drawer they open, almost every one has one when I grab them. 🙄

Vanessa, tiffany, or Chad. Seems they always have a knife. And it seems every time I find one I go against a slasher Jason hacking at me like a farmer hurrying to beat bad weather lol

On January 28, 2020 at 1:36 PM, Wolledc said:

Question:  With so many complaining that Jason is too weak, would it really be bad for the gameplay, if Jason could intentionally do this? this special „inside-cabin-morph“-ability (in combination with stalk) could make Jason strong(er) again and the whole game scarier.

I'm not sure about that. As a counselor, window hopping and using cabins is such an integral part of the game that Jason being able to morph right inside might make him OP.

One thing I would like to see is Jason being able to unlock doors when he's inside of a cabin instead of having to chop through them. Like if you're in a cabin and at a barricaded door, have the option to open the barricade just like a counselor would. It never made sense to me why Jason couldn't do that. It'd be valuable for Jason, especially in the larger cabins.

10 hours ago, Wolledc said:

She's the best runner in the game, therefor she is able to loot the drawers in cabins quicker. More cabins looted, higher percentage to find pocket knives.