Sign in to follow this  
HorrorPops86

Nothing But Trolls & Teamers

Came back after a few patches and my god. The embarrassment. To see so many downlow teamers in every single lobby is shameful and pathetic. Call them out in a message and they’ll fervently deny it yet their buddies follow each other and all leave at the same time en masse.

To see max level players in this game be such trash is both embarrassing and a disgrace tbh. This was never the case at launch of years ago. Yes, yes there will always be scum in online games, fact. This, however, is a shocking difference that is immediately noticeable. This game was NOT designed to be 5 friends in party chat coordinating in a public match to ruin the game for everyone else  

Here are some obvious things I encountered in 9 matches and five different lobbies before I re-called it quits:

-Jason magically knowing you’re at the shack before you go in (with Debbie) 

-Jason showing up at the fuse when you put it in with no mistakes. Conveniently checking on the fuse the exact moment I was there, sure

-Jason showing up at the boat before you even begin to repair, completely tipped off

-Jason running past his buddies to tunnel me (I didn’t even have the sweater)

-Being followed and sandbagged by the same counselors

-Players walking around with repair items refusing to use them or drop

-Sliding glitch with flaregun still a thing smh

-Players unabashedly trapping windows and unlocked doors right in front of me

-Players trying to scoot me into the traps

-Players sidling me and trying to lay a trap on me as I call Tommy, fix a generator, or repair a part

-Players tagging items as bait and trapping windows and doors of that cabin, if you step in they grab the item and Jason shows up

-variations on these

Basically a once-beloved indie game with potential turned into every troll’s wet dream come true. As a backer, when I first started playing, the playerbase was clearly dudes in their 30s and 40s. Now it’s another kid’s game and trolling streamers exploiting and cheating to get kills. How unfortunate, that’s all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes a bit sad, I play often most nights quite late. See the same player names pop up and know right away they will try to fix the car just to run over players or show Jason where they are. Players trapping windows or unlocked doors or helping out Jason. 

Not too mention every game at least 1 player quits the second it starts, what's the point? Hard to find a fun full lobby these days. 

Yeah, it sucks. Just this morning I had someone flag me down to put the gas in the car (better repair as Deb) just so they could pull away and run me over on purpose (and everyone else) until they got caught by Jason.

I was grateful that at least it wasn't a Jason teamer.

@HorrorPops86 sorry, for such a bad experience in a row. Saturday always seems to be the ultimate troll day, without their guards keeping an eye on them and giving them their pills to behave...

Lately I've been trying to party up with any cool players i come across and try to build a full party. It cuts down on the idiots because i can usually get 5 or 6 together. Not much room for dummies to join after that. I also meet people who want to party up from my live stream. I stream late at night, and while i don't get many viewers, there have been multiple people who pop in and want to play and they are reliable players that i invite anytime i see them online. It has become a good way to meet fun players.

-1000XP if you run a fellow counselors over with a car.. But then again.. Big deal if you're already a 150 player 

Just the other night I had death with a teamer who had the car keys and waited until I fixed the yellow car then ran to grab it. I had already left the area to search for keys or anything else. It was a Vanessa who drove to the exit but didn't escape. That was a red flag to me so I avoided it.  The other Deborah was also trying to fix the other car so I went to try to assist. No sign of Jason but then the yellow car shows up honking the horn. Like an idiot, I got in only to be taken right to Jason. After I died,  they went after the other Deborah who fell for it too before I could warn her. I hate teamers with a passion and wish they had their own private lobbies where they can mess things up for each other and let the rest of us play the game as it was intended. Cheers and game on, my friends

• Like 2

There are still decent players out there. Not everyone teams and/or cheats.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are still decent players out there. Not everyone teams and/or cheats.

18 hours ago, HorrorPops86 said:

Basically a once-beloved indie game with potential turned into every troll’s wet dream come true.

I agree with both of you. Some lobbies are full of them, sometimes I don't see one for hours. 

I also get called a teamer for things like Jason killing someone else instead of me. Yesterday I got called a teamer because I escaped in the car alone. IMO there's not as many trash players as what people think, but they are out there for sure. 

This game's been dead ever since all the scandals of the developers selling Savini Jason codes for $1000 dollars on ebay, along side the undeserved player bans and just downright shady business practices. The announcement of them abandoning the game because of that court case didn't help either.

The silly thing is, that court case had nothing to do with adding content in an already established game that they have no issues selling or even porting to other systems (Nintendo Switch, looking at you) they just got lazy, weren't making any more substantial cash from the game and decided to stop wasting their time on a dead project.

This game was at it's best in the first year and a half it was out, it was fun, exciting, challenging and unforgiving. Once all the safety nets were put in place like no longer being able to team kill and snowflakes getting butt hurt over harsh words instead of doing the smart thing and muting the player.... it just took a turn for the absolute worse.

The sad thing is, this is an American horror icon and I hear more foreigners not speaking English in every lobby than ever before... most of which are kids under the age of 12... it's disgusting really. How is anyone supposed to enjoy the game when they can't understand half the lobby and that same half are obnoxious kids with microphones constantly talking and teaming with other players?

Unfortunately this game isn't what it was supposed to be and is merely something to waste time with, not to be taken seriously, at all... You basically have to find a group of people to play it with or play it casually alone and not really care what happens in the match... if you're playing this to try hard then you're in for a bad time. It's best played casually with a idgaf attitude, mostly just to troll Jason players, die, and quit out of the game to join another one.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Sorry you guys have been having crap luck. I am on Xbox and have been having a good time (overall).  Biggest issue I have been seeing is players that spawn in as Jason quitting right away. Not sure why they just don’t set their preferences accordingly?

Granted, I don’t use a mic anymore due to the “hateful” personalities this game has attracted. If someone escapes in the car alone, I chalk that up to them trying to get the Chad achievement.

If I can give 2 tips to a better gaming experience (at least for me) - lose the mic, unless you are playing with friends and stop chasing Counselors when you are Jason. Strategize and have fun, 20 mins is plenty of time.

23 hours ago, HorrorPops86 said:

-Jason magically knowing you’re at the shack before you go in (with Debbie) 

-Jason showing up at the fuse when you put it in with no mistakes. Conveniently checking on the fuse the exact moment I was there, sure

-Jason showing up at the boat before you even begin to repair, completely tipped off

14 hours ago, emchapps said:

I agree with both of you. Some lobbies are full of them, sometimes I don't see one for hours. 

I also get called a teamer for things like Jason killing someone else instead of me. Yesterday I got called a teamer because I escaped in the car alone. IMO there's not as many trash players as what people think, but they are out there for sure. 

For some players, they may be accused of teaming, when in fact, it may be a scenario of coincidence. I've seen Jason players ignore certain counselors for ones they feel are a bigger threat.

• Like 1

Played in a private lobby tonight. A player kept killing everybody every match. Quit and went back to quick play.

Team killing is cancer to this game. Not surprised why I see so many players quitting each game.

1 minute ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Played in a private lobby tonight. A player kept killing everybody every match. Quit and went back to quick play.

Team killing is cancer to this game. Not surprised why I see so many players quitting each game.

None of you killed him back?

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

None of you killed him back?

I escaped every match for about 9 matches. 10th game was on the Jarvis map. I ran for the police exit. Almost there and instantly dead. Thought it was a bug at first because Jason was no where around. Then I see a Chad by my body. I knew he killed me with a shotgun. I did hear the lobby talking about him and it was obvious that is why players kept leaving. Only reason I stayed so long was an invite from a friend.

I play quick play most of the time.

Private matches usually have too many ''rules'' and players that only make themselves or their friends Jason every time. No spawn killing, slashing, no killing until shift, etc. Jason wouldn't give 2 shits if he caught you at an inconvenient time and you asked ''can you come back later? rain check on my death? Please!"

I have 160 matches as Jason left for 100% completion. I have seen all the kills. Level 150. Have all badges, tapes.

At this point I'm trying to get the grind over with efficiently as possible. Morph instantly, trap objectives, quickest grab kills or slashing.

Enjoy playing it. Will be great to finally be done with the last achievement. Then retire this game.

Understand if the patch team can't wait to move on to another project too lol.

21 hours ago, XRizerX said:

This game's been dead ever since all the scandals of the developers selling Savini Jason codes for $1000 dollars on ebay, along side the undeserved player bans and just downright shady business practices. The announcement of them abandoning the game because of that court case didn't help either.

The game isn't dead, if it was you wouldn't be able to have all these bad experiences.

21 hours ago, XRizerX said:

The sad thing is, this is an American horror icon and I hear more foreigners not speaking English in every lobby than ever before... most of which are kids under the age of 12... it's disgusting really. How is anyone supposed to enjoy the game when they can't understand half the lobby and that same half are obnoxious kids with microphones constantly talking and teaming with other players?

F13 is an American horror icon, yes but it is enjoyed by millions of people around the world of varying languages, races and backgrounds. It isn't a sad/disgusting thing to hear a "foreigner" speak his/her native tongue in a game based on a globally famous franchise (where there is no law against speaking a language other than English). Should they stick to their own part of the world with their own people, only playing in lobbies solely for Arabic, French, Spanish, Mandarin etc speakers, as it inconveniences you to hear said people?

How do you enjoy this game? Party chat by yourself and you will avoid all those damn nasty foreigners speaking their foreign tongue! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, XRizerX said:

It's best played casually with a idgaf attitude, mostly just to troll Jason players, die, and quit out of the game to join another one.

This is the attitude that is ruining the game. This advocates becoming the very thing your post is complaining about.

• Like 4

Anytime I'm in a lobby of teamers I'll take the 4 seater by myself and leave. 

I love finding a good lobby of players who actually play though but as soon as I see teamers I Chad everything.

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2020 at 12:15 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This video has nothing to do with what I’m talking about but ok. And you’re one to talk when i caught you teaming on PS4 multiple times with your buddies Mateorobe, Night26killer, GimmieSum_toxic, and a dozen other people on your friends list I have blocked. Just as I thought, trash. You are what is wrong with this game. Fuck all the way off 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:29 AM, TommysMightyChin said:

The game isn't dead, if it was you wouldn't be able to have all these bad experiences.

F13 is an American horror icon, yes but it is enjoyed by millions of people around the world of varying languages, races and backgrounds. It isn't a sad/disgusting thing to hear a "foreigner" speak his/her native tongue in a game based on a globally famous franchise (where there is no law against speaking a language other than English). Should they stick to their own part of the world with their own people, only playing in lobbies solely for Arabic, French, Spanish, Mandarin etc speakers, as it inconveniences you to hear said people?

How do you enjoy this game? Party chat by yourself and you will avoid all those damn nasty foreigners speaking their foreign tongue! 

I have no idea where your logic is but it's out to lunch. The game IS in fact dead on PC...  Maybe the console peasants are having a different experience? I wouldn't know.

You can't find a lobby at all on PC, most of the time it's half full when the game begins and as soon as the match loads you get 1 or 2 people immediately quitting out because they didn't get to play Jason or they just had a crappy spawn / map choice... Whatever their reason, it doesn't matter, they're wasting valuable lobby space and gimping the counselor side of the game.  Most games I join have an average of 4 counselors in them... Jason just wipes the floor with everyone in minutes because there isn't enough progress getting done while someone gets chased down.

Also, nice cherry pick but you took what I said completely out of context, I wasn't trying to be racist or xenophobic but as an English speaker when the game first came out, I could understand everyone in the lobby... now I can't understand any one. It's very seldom I meet another English speaking person in the lobby and when I do, it's not their primary language so it's difficult to communicate. I was saying it's disgusting because I'm disgusted with the state the game is in, not that I'm disgusted with foreigners so get off your soap box there snowflake.

Also underage kids are ruining the game and I would rather them not be here at all because they shouldn't be playing an M rated game to begin with, not because of the gore but because of their maturity level, or rather lack there of. Either way, thanks for contributing nothing to the conversation only to target me and make me seem racist, hope you sleep better at night... but the things I mentioned are why the game is in such a poor state, maybe if the developers actually worked on the game it wouldn't be such a train wreck.

3 hours ago, XRizerX said:

I have no idea where your logic is but it's out to lunch. The game IS in fact dead on PC...  Maybe the console peasants are having a different experience? I wouldn't know.

You can't find a lobby at all on PC, most of the time it's half full when the game begins and as soon as the match loads you get 1 or 2 people immediately quitting out because they didn't get to play Jason or they just had a crappy spawn / map choice... Whatever their reason, it doesn't matter, they're wasting valuable lobby space and gimping the counselor side of the game.  Most games I join have an average of 4 counselors in them... Jason just wipes the floor with everyone in minutes because there isn't enough progress getting done while someone gets chased down.

Also, nice cherry pick but you took what I said completely out of context, I wasn't trying to be racist or xenophobic but as an English speaker when the game first came out, I could understand everyone in the lobby... now I can't understand any one. It's very seldom I meet another English speaking person in the lobby and when I do, it's not their primary language so it's difficult to communicate. I was saying it's disgusting because I'm disgusted with the state the game is in, not that I'm disgusted with foreigners so get off your soap box there snowflake.

Also underage kids are ruining the game and I would rather them not be here at all because they shouldn't be playing an M rated game to begin with, not because of the gore but because of their maturity level, or rather lack there of. Either way, thanks for contributing nothing to the conversation only to target me and make me seem racist, hope you sleep better at night... but the things I mentioned are why the game is in such a poor state, maybe if the developers actually worked on the game it wouldn't be such a train wreck.

You know if I had posted what you did, I'd probably try to say I meant something different too! In your original post the sentence doesn't follow from that your disgusted at the state of the game, more you're disgusted at all these foreigners playing your beloved American icon,

On 1/26/2020 at 2:32 PM, XRizerX said:

The sad thing is, this is an American horror icon and I hear more foreigners not speaking English in every lobby than ever before... most of which are kids under the age of 12... it's disgusting really.

Yikes!

I took your comments at face value and quite frankly, you saying "snowflake" is all I need to know. 

Good luck and have fun!*

*In english speaking lobbies with no foreigners of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2020 at 6:51 PM, HorrorPops86 said:

This video has nothing to do with what I’m talking about but ok. And you’re one to talk when i caught you teaming on PS4 multiple times with your buddies Mateorobe, Night26killer, GimmieSum_toxic, and a dozen other people on your friends list I have blocked. Just as I thought, trash. You are what is wrong with this game. Fuck all the way off 

He's a self promotion whore trying to be edgy

• Like 1