Sign in to follow this  
FridayThe31st

How to Doubletap a Door?

As far as I’m aware this isn’t an exploit, it’s more like a skill for breaking doors down faster. I’m wondering if anybody can tell me how to do so, because I recently ran into a part 2 Jason who destroyed the doors in under 4 seconds by double tapping the door. Can anybody help me with this?

On PC you need a controller, I'm not sure it can be done with Keyboard and mouse. Game Playing Guru on You Tube has an ultimate Jason guide  teaching you how to do all the "Jason tech" that you can do with a game controller. I won't post the link to it because it maybe against forum rules.  Do a search on You Tube. As far as it being a exploit, that is in the eye of the beholder. It is taking advantage of the built in game mechanics. Cheating? not sure on that Grey area.The "sliding"/teleport thing that counselors do is done by a similar method and most everyone agrees that is cheating.

• Thanks 1

you can do it on keyboard/mouse, its one of the only exploits you can do on keyboard and mouse

3 hours ago, shady said:

you can do it on keyboard/mouse, its one of the only exploits you can do on keyboard and mouse

Private message me on how. I asked Guru to make a guide for Keyboard and mouse he said most of the tech can't be done with keyboard and mouse. I know how to ghost with K/M.

I looked up that guy's video and i can't tell if it's considered advanced Jason techniques or just plain exploits. It's kinda disappointing to see that this stuff is in the game because I'm leaning more toward exploit. I ran into a guy doing the slide the other night and i also teleported into a cabin when i grabbed him. I'd rather not play that way.

11 minutes ago, masterkeef42o said:

I looked up that guy's video and i can't tell if it's considered advanced Jason techniques or just plain exploits. It's kinda disappointing to see that this stuff is in the game because I'm leaning more toward exploit. I ran into a guy doing the slide the other night and i also teleported into a cabin when i grabbed him. I'd rather not play that way.

He has a lot of good tips in his videos, but at the same time, a lot of the stuff is just way too complicated for regular quick play. After watching his video I realized that a part 2 Jason I was playing against yesterday wasn’t some hacker but he was using these “techniques.” Basically, I was in a cabin with somebody else (we were the only two left, everybody else either quit or died) and Jason was knocking at the back door meanwhile it showed his red marking  on the map somewhere further away from the cabin we were in...he was ghosting, and I only didn’t realize it then because I knew what ghosting was but I didn’t know what exactly it did. Then, he seemed to have endless stalk as he shifted into the cabin, tried to grab us, missed, then completely disappeared once again, although I knew he was still in the cabin. 

While I was like holy shit this guy is good, I also thought that playing like this isn’t even remotely fun. If we were trying to kill him, by all means use those techniques so you can defend yourself (since it’s way too easy to kill Jason). But in normal quick play, especially where only 2 of us were left, the person who was left with me was only level 50, why use stuff like that? It’s not fun because a second later what do you know? You’re dead because he did a ghosting type thing, and he had the mask on so there was no way to know he was there (for those who don’t know, with ghosting you can see part 2’s hair once the mask is off, part 6’s tool belt and Savini’s fire. All other Jasons you cant visually tell they’re there). 

They are cool techniques though, I’ll give him that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, masterkeef42o said:

I looked up that guy's video and i can't tell if it's considered advanced Jason techniques or just plain exploits. It's kinda disappointing to see that this stuff is in the game because I'm leaning more toward exploit

Total exploits.  The only people who will say they aren't are the people who use and abuse those types of things constantly.  If these were to be patched out, these players would most likely quit playing because their playstyle is ruined and they can't handle a game where you are EXPECTED to die more often than not as a counselor or need even more of an advantage as Jason than the average player.  If they can't cheat or make a joke out of the game or Jason player, their "fun" and "skill" is tanked. 

24 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

While I was like holy shit this guy is good, I also thought that playing like this isn’t even remotely fun.

It's not meant to be fun, only to create a disadvantage for the Jason player and troll for views on their channels/videos.  If people weren't so eager to cheat, these kind of players wouldn't exist or stick around (and if these exploits didn't exist in the first place, it'd never be a problem).  These people are exactly why I never played any other tournaments or league games after my first since they all do this shit (not JUST slides or double-tapping doors, but anything else exploitable), even in a competitive matchup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

It's not meant to be fun, only to create a disadvantage for the Jason player and troll for views on their channels/videos.  If people weren't so eager to cheat, these kind of players wouldn't exist or stick around (and if these exploits didn't exist in the first place, it'd never be a problem).  These people are exactly why I never played any other tournaments or league games after my first since they all do this shit (not JUST slides or double-tapping doors, but anything else exploitable), even in a competitive matchup.

I agree, while I’ve never participated in tournaments, I’ve seen videos, and a ton of the stuff being used are these things that were mentioned in the video.

I feel like the shifting ones though aren’t really exploits. A few times I’ve come across the third person shift myself because right after I threw a knife at somebody I started shifting, and I went into the third person shift without even meaning to. Maybe they’re things that are in the game due to a glitch or something, but others find ways to use them to their advantage. I don’t think the Jason techniques are as much as an exploit than the counselor sliding exploit. 

23 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

As far as I’m aware this isn’t an exploit, it’s more like a skill for breaking doors down faster. I’m wondering if anybody can tell me how to do so, because I recently ran into a part 2 Jason who destroyed the doors in under 4 seconds by double tapping the door. Can anybody help me with this?

So, in your own words. A part 2 Jason can destroy a door in 4 seconds. Know who else can do that? A +destruction Jason, so by double tapping the door you can turn a Jason without destruction into one with it. Thus changing the game for counselors. This shaves off seconds that they can regain stamina. And double tap can be used in combat as well. First hit breaks block from counselor, second does damage. What do you think? Whould you say that's an exploit? Btw, not very wise to ask how these things are done in here. Mods will shut this thread down. Just saying.

As long as no links to videos or explanations on exactly how to perform these "tricks" are posted, I'm not sure how the moderators feel on these type of topics. Remember the old debate over whether using combat stance to break down doors just a tad faster was a exploit or not? It still exist in the game and most all Jason players still use it and nobody complains about it but it is basically the same principle, using a built in game mechanic to get a slight advantage. It would probably require an entire re-haul of the game to eliminate all these mechanics and that is NOT going to happen.  

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

The only people who will say they aren't are the people who use and abuse those types of things constantly.  If these were to be patched out, these players would most likely qs not meant to be fun, only to create a disadvantage for the Jason player and troll for views on their channels/videos.  If people weren't so eager to cheat, these kind of players wouldn't exist or stick around (and if these exploits didn't exist in the first place, it'd never be a problem).  These people are exactly why I never played any other tournaments or league games after my first since they all do this shit (not JUST slides or double-tapping doors, but anything else exploitable), even in a competitive matchup

@RustInPeaceNot everything good Jason players do are exploits. The players have really strong fundamentals. The only exploits I don't like are the ones that ruin the advantageous mechanics of the game playing as a counselor. Mainly the car destruction knive flipping and instant hiding spot checks. Plus it is done through combat stance so Jason loses Sense and Stalk whenever he double taps a door. Counselors can still just go under a one sided bed and become invincible.

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

So, in your own words. A part 2 Jason can destroy a door in 4 seconds. Know who else can do that? A +destruction Jason, so by double tapping the door you can turn a Jason without destruction into one with it. Thus changing the game for counselors. This shaves off seconds that they can regain stamina. And double tap can be used in combat as well. First hit breaks block from counselor, second does damage. What do you think? Whould you say that's an exploit? Btw, not very wise to ask how these things are done in here. Mods will shut this thread down. Just saying.

@Redrum138 Doubletapping block is also stupid but you get the same result mashing the attack button on block.

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

I didn’t say that was an exploit, lol. I think it’s a great technique.  I was only wondering if anybody would tell me how it’s done.   I ended up finding the information I was looking for. So if the mods do decide to lock this because they feel it shouldn’t be here, then that’s fine. The thing is, nobody said shit about how to do it, as that information probably isn’t allowed on here.

Again, I didn’t say it was an exploit. I was saying I thought he was a really good player, and used those techniques to his advantage which is good for him. It’s awesome that a Jason who doesn’t have a strength in destruction can destroy a door so quickly. 

• Like 1

It’s so funny that people tread lightly on calling out people playing as Jason for strait out exploits of the game, just because you can hit the buttons just right and confuse the game code doesn’t mean your good at playing Jason

Counselors get ripped for anything remotely unlike normal intended game play (rightly so) but this is the exact same thing for Jason, the guy doing it might as well have been dancing on packanack roof....

14 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I didn’t say that was an exploit, lol. I think it’s a great technique.  I was only wondering if anybody would tell me how it’s done.   I ended up finding the information I was looking for. So if the mods do decide to lock this because they feel it shouldn’t be here, then that’s fine. The thing is, nobody said shit about how to do it, as that information probably isn’t allowed on here.

Again, I didn’t say it was an exploit. I was saying I thought he was a really good player, and used those techniques to his advantage which is good for him. It’s awesome that a Jason who doesn’t have a strength in destruction can destroy a door so quickly. 

Umm, I never said you referred to it as an exploit. I asked if you thought it was, I believe it is. Yes, I do. But I never said you did. Many tournaments and leagues allow it that I play in, and I can say from my own experience it makes the advantage for Jason unbalanced. But, I play through it anyway and adapt. It's the ones that can pull it off flawlessly that really make it hard. The ones that don't time it right, and screw up here and there make it a wash. As a technique, it's tough to deal with for sure.

Eh...the age old debate about the difference between what is considered cheating and what is considered skill. Seen time and again throughout many games.

Its like the Jason kill scenario debate. Like half the crowd believing Jason should be buffed in some way against the kill mechanic, whilst the other half just calls them scrubs because they don't block in mobs and that's why they die.

Around here, you definitely see more of a lean towards the Jason side of things. On places like Reddit, I feel like its more counselor heavy.

At least they made the right choice by allowing more customization to private matches and perhaps more to come in that area. Quick match will just be the same bag of trick or treat its been for a long time.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Eh...the age old debate about the difference between what is considered cheating and what is considered skill. Seen time and again throughout many games.

Its like the Jason kill scenario debate. Like half the crowd believing Jason should be buffed in some way against the kill mechanic, whilst the other half just calls them scrubs because they don't block in mobs and that's why they die.

Around here, you definitely see more of a lean towards to the Jason side of things. On places like Reddit, I feel like its more counselor heavily.

At least they made the right choice by allowing more customization to private matches and perhaps more to come in that area. Quick match will just be the same bag of trick or treat its been for a long time.

Exactly! Everyone plays the same game in their own way. If you wanna be in on it you learn to adapt to it, or play with someone else. Or just play a different game altogether. The addition of private settings has brought a new level of gameplay, much fun. It's like it was at the start for me. I have my opinions on the techniques, or exploits. But it's not gonna stop me from playing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Umm, I never said you referred to it as an exploit. I asked if you thought it was, I believe it is. Yes, I do. But I never said you did. Many tournaments and leagues allow it that I play in, and I can say from my own experience it makes the advantage for Jason unbalanced. But, I play through it anyway and adapt. It's the ones that can pull it off flawlessly that really make it hard. The ones that don't time it right, and screw up here and there make it a wash. As a technique, it's tough to deal with for sure.

I think that there are worse things jason players do besides that. Like that whole abduction thing. I get to do that if another player is sliding or something, but doing that stuff when nobody else is exploiting makes it unfair. 

And sorry, I thought you were saying it isn’t an exploit.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

I think that there are worse things jason players do besides that. Like that whole abduction thing. I get to do that if another player is sliding or something, but doing that stuff when nobody else is exploiting makes it unfair. 

And sorry, I thought you were saying it isn’t an exploit.

No worries, even abduction has an counter. Don't get grabbed. Everything has a counter if you're clever. Problem with the double tap, quick knife grabs, box, and hiding spot breaks is there is no counter for the time it shaves off the game for counselors. Every one of those will cut the time it takes to perform that task in half. At least. If done correctly, a powerbox break can be done nearly instantaneously. Saving Jason 4 seconds. That's time off the game counselors can't counter.

• Like 1