Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Drones

A buddy I work with has recently been plagued with a nuisance of a drone. It hovers over his home from sunset into the late hours of the night. There's no reason I can think of as to why it is hovering in that spot. He lives out in the middle of nowhere. Any suggestions?

i would call the police.

it could be perverts and voyeurism.

people try to catch nude photos of people and put them online.

or it could be someone trying to listen in and invade privacy.

@Fair Play, does your buddy live near land owned by a Forestry Commission or a protected wet land? A guy I work with has 50+ acres, but it neighbors land that is owned by the Forestry Commission. They constantly have drones flying over their property and sometimes on to his. He has complained about it several times when the drones would "accidently" fly over his entire property. He has also threatened to shoot them down.

10 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Fair Play, does your buddy live near land owned by a Forestry Commission or a protected wet land? A guy I work with has 50+ acres, but it neighbors land that is owned by the Forestry Commission. They constantly have drones flying over their property and sometimes on to his. He has complained about it several times when the drones would "accidently" fly over his entire property. He has also threatened to shoot them down.

I'll have to ask my buddy about this.

I know that shooting them down would be a federal offense, so I'll sway him from that course of action.I

Thanks for the response.