Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

What Would Be Your Ideal Custom Match Based On The New Settings?

Recommended Posts

On 3/24/2020 at 9:23 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If stating obvious fact qualifies as "whining" then so be it. It's already been explained in excruciating detail why the Rage buff was needed and the benefits for both sides of having it. If you're still butt-hurt over it then that's your problem. 

The problem is the rage buff is pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe have the option to turn off or turn on RAGE For Jason.

Have the option to turn on or off Jasons high powered mask from being removed so easily.

A High powered Jason mask that admits a strange RED GLOW Around Jasons mask.

During Rage Jasons mask glows red and hums while his eyes roll back in his head revealing strange glowing,peircing red eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The problem is the rage buff is pointless.

Also a lazy ass bandaid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Also a lazy ass bandaid 

That's a better way of putting it.  

I'm sure in matches of a bunch of noobs the entire rage buff comes into effect but when you have people who've played this game for a while, escapes are happening before rage, Jason killing everyone is coming before rage and most likely is Jason is getting killed before rage. 

The last match i played as Jason in a random QP lobby I got rage as I was in the middle of killing the last counselor.  

So what does rage actually accomplish or do for the majority of us long time players?  Absolutely nothing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SirMang said:

That's a better way of putting it.  

I'm sure in matches of a bunch of noobs the entire rage buff comes into effect but when you have people who've played this game for a while, escapes are happening before rage, Jason killing everyone is coming before rage and most likely is Jason is getting killed before rage. 

The last match i played as Jason in a random QP lobby I got rage as I was in the middle of killing the last counselor.  

So what does rage actually accomplish or do for the majority of us long time players?  Absolutely nothing. 

Yeah it doesn’t do a whole lot. I’d actually prefer to not have rage activated against good counselors as then every hit a counselor gets it does full damage and I’m more likely to lose the mask. So, if a player prefers to not have rage mode that says a lot about it haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

You sound like you speak for everyone, would you say that everyone likes it?

The majority like it, some have no opinion, some dislike it but can understand why it was needed, and a small minority are of the opinion that it's a horrible idea because Jason was fine the way he was and didn't need a buff (these people can go blow a dead bear). I DO like it overall, especially when faced with lobbies who have no intention of escaping or even killing you and just want to kick your ass all round. 

Personally, I don't think the buff would have been needed if:

1) The only guaranteed stun was the shotgun or flaregun.

2) The stun rate of all other weapons were severely reduced (I.E. hitting Jason with a baseball bat 10 times yields 1-2 stuns.

3) Jason's mask could take a great deal more damage before breaking.(no more 1- hit demasking).

4) Combat was tweaked to allow Jason to immediately block after he uses R2. Also, the amount of damage Jason takes when blocking is reduced.

5) Throwing knives had increased damage, ditto for bear-traps.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The majority like it, some have no opinion, some dislike it but can understand why it was needed, and a small minority are of the opinion that it's a horrible idea because Jason was fine the way he was and didn't need a buff (these people can go blow a dead bear). I DO like it overall, especially when faced with lobbies who have no intention of escaping or even killing you and just want to kick your ass all round. 

Personally, I don't think the buff would have been needed if:

1) The only guaranteed stun was the shotgun or flaregun.

2) The stun rate of all other weapons were severely reduced (I.E. hitting Jason with a baseball bat 10 times yields 1-2 stuns.

3) Jason's mask could take a great deal more damage before breaking.(no more 1- hit demasking).

4) Combat was tweaked to allow Jason to immediately block after he uses R2. Also, the amount of damage Jason takes when blocking is reduced.

5) Throwing knives had increased damage, ditto for bear-traps.

Do you have proof of those numbers? Please post it when you have a min. Back to the topic that I was actually asking about @mattshotcha is it a possibility to have the “rage buff” removed as an option in private match so all the people that hate it can play and enjoy the game again?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like the ability to set different settings for different Jasons. That way in a randomized Jason pick, each Jason can be more unique. Like you could have Part 5 Jason rage from the start but have weak attacks and weak knives, and pre-patch Rage where you can stun him, and next round, without changing settings again in the menu, a random Jason pick could be Part 9 Jason with buffed attacks and a stunless rage. And so on.

And custom settings for each map, like higgins with one kind of item distribution and Packanack with a different one. Without having to changing settings before the round starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about setting a main objective on each match and map.

players that stay on task of the main objective win extra points.

im so tired of players that just want to fix cars.

if the objective was to kill Jason then everyone could SWARM Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Strigoi With so many 150 level players in the lobbies (just started a random quickplay Match, no buddies, but 6 out of 8 were at 150), I doubt that implementing a main objective with double XP will influence their way of playing much.

Btw, killing Jason mostly seems to be already the prime objective of everybody, so I think that we don’t need to push the counselors’ intentions any further in that very direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

if the objective was to kill Jason then everyone could SWARM Jason.

That is the current meta now anyway. Out of all the matches I've played recently as Jason,there has been little to no attempt by the counselor players to do any objectives. Just trying to kill Jason about 85% of the time because of the ease in doing it. Learning the Tommy power spawns is pretty vital now and at least 2 traps on the shack entrance. Tommy 86's tower guide has been a great help. My first morph I'm about 90% accurate now. Jarvis map is pot luck all the percentages of where it could be are relatively equal and there are no clues in the opening video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even when players swarm Jason it doesent last long before they get slashed and everyone realizes that they need to run.

Ive noticed that lower level players are more interested in fixing things phone fuse and cars.

higher level players are more interested in the Jason kill.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 2:15 AM, Strigoi said:

What about setting a main objective on each match and map.

players that stay on task of the main objective win extra points.

im so tired of players that just want to fix cars.

if the objective was to kill Jason then everyone could SWARM Jason.

Players have a right to fix things, even if you tire of seeing it match after match.

Points are earned for doing anything other than taking up space in a match. Double XP is in play for now. That's enough for most.

Let players do what they desire (minus teaming and cheating) and you do the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Voting system on each map of quickplay match to decide difficulty settings and extra weapons etc.

not everyone should be forced to play the way everyone else wants to play the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My settings would be...

Remove rage as it's pointless.

Remove the Jason kill completely.

Bring back meatshielding.

Allow Jason to grab people when he's on the ground to stop pinata parties.

Remove Jason completely from the mini-map.

The emphasis of this game should be Jason being a brute force who's going to kill the majority, if not all, of the lobby every match.  You should feel like you accomplished something by surviving the majority of the time - we'll still get rounds where the Jason is completely clueless on what to do.  

Jason should be the hunter, not the hunted.  And the state of the game today, and the past like 2 years at this point, is he is the hunted.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...