Sign in to follow this  
AshTray900

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this new change?

This is kind of a hate it love it thing with me. I do think the car glitch with the knife and all the environmental kills were fixed, but I’ve noticed other stuff come up, not game breaking but got a little messed up and now 8 people have to all agree on the settings, you realize how hard that is! Makes your real close friends have better games, but on Xbox I’m afraid it’s going to make people want to be the host more, before that was primarily a task assigned to the person with the best bandwidth. I hope the end result is not more fragmented lobbies, we already had issues with that about how Jason was “supposed” to play. Some of it was cool as it made gameplay more fun than a five minute counselor wipeout, but we already had issues with “spawn kill or not” “slash or not” now add about 30 different settings and ugh, first lobby had Jason super powered, not fun at all, next one had counselors all buffed up, also not as fun, about the only setting I see that was kind of ok was tommy being able to ignore the rage, that would give Jason a bigger incentive to kill and trap power boxes, but honestly I liked it how it was, I adjusted to all the little baby “balance” changes people whined about and still had fun, now you gotta keep checking the gear and if the host is readied up or you will have no idea what your getting into, I see rage quitting spilling over into private matches more now.

anyways just my personal thoughts, take them as just that, I just want to sit back and have fun with the game and never worried about my outcome since the game had static mechanics, now I have to see if the match is worth playing or not lol

Most people in private lobbies are friends. I absolutely love the new addition. We get to make the game harder and test our skills again. I would even add more like jason starts with all abilities, mask hit damage variants,walkie taking range variants, add more enables for councillors and camp as well. This has revitalized the private match for me and my friends.

It won't split the fan base. Part of the problem with Private Matches is getting eight friends at any given time to play. I do think it is great for those who can to have options. 

Tommy Jarvis ignoring Rage is a change I would love to see implemented in quick play. Give the "hero" a buff. 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, AshTray900 said:

This is kind of a hate it love it thing with me. I do think the car glitch with the knife and all the environmental kills were fixed, but I’ve noticed other stuff come up, not game breaking but got a little messed up and now 8 people have to all agree on the settings, you realize how hard that is! Makes your real close friends have better games, but on Xbox I’m afraid it’s going to make people want to be the host more, before that was primarily a task assigned to the person with the best bandwidth. I hope the end result is not more fragmented lobbies, we already had issues with that about how Jason was “supposed” to play. Some of it was cool as it made gameplay more fun than a five minute counselor wipeout, but we already had issues with “spawn kill or not” “slash or not” now add about 30 different settings and ugh, first lobby had Jason super powered, not fun at all, next one had counselors all buffed up, also not as fun, about the only setting I see that was kind of ok was tommy being able to ignore the rage, that would give Jason a bigger incentive to kill and trap power boxes, but honestly I liked it how it was, I adjusted to all the little baby “balance” changes people whined about and still had fun, now you gotta keep checking the gear and if the host is readied up or you will have no idea what your getting into, I see rage quitting spilling over into private matches more now.

anyways just my personal thoughts, take them as just that, I just want to sit back and have fun with the game and never worried about my outcome since the game had static mechanics, now I have to see if the match is worth playing or not lol

That’s why it’s private party only! If you are in a private party obviously it’s with friends that agree to set it up accordingly! 

On 1/20/2020 at 10:33 PM, AshTray900 said:

Or... you could just try and have... fun?

I don’t know what to say other than try to find a middle ground with your friends. Private matches should be fun, and not worth getting worked up into rage quitting.

• Like 5

Played in a couple private matches last night with @Redrum138 and @RustInPeace. We played with no med sprays and no maps to be found unless you used the perks to start with them. Mini map was turned off unless you were using nerves of steel and power was cut to start the match. The only real buff the counselors got was double health to compensate for the lack of med sprays. It was more fun than I've had playing F13 in a long time. It was tense, exactly how the game should be. I managed to survive the night in one match by hiding in the kitchen pantry of Packanack when I was the only one left. I'm not one to usually use hiding spots, but when the deck is stacked against you, you do what you gotta to survive. It was great.😎

• Like 4

Definitely made for good matches @Vaderspupil.  With just a few more people or a full lobby, these toggles for private matches will rejuvenate my desire to play more often.  Only things I really feel need fixing now are vehicle bugs and getting deep into the combat mechanics and eliminate exploits many people use and abuse.  @mattshotcha, are there plans to look into combat related bugs (like teleporting when attacking or using a spray)? Keep in mind, the teleporting is related to exploiting button inputs and not latency/ connection issues.

• Like 1

Play quick match if you want the game 'as it was meant to be played'. This type of update was long overdue and it was a welcomed one.

This is the same thing that happened when Valve introduced 'realism and realism vs' in L4D2 due to the complaints about the game being too easy as survivor.

So they created a mode where...

- Survivors no longer had glows to see each other all the time...which meant without communication...the survivors could be overwhelmed easily

- Made zombies basically head shot kills or many rounds to the chest

- Removed hero closets, so unless you had a defib, dead players stayed dead instead of being rescued by closets

And what happened? The playerbase avoided it because it was 'too hard' and 'not what was meant to be played'. To this day, those modes collect dust.

To this day, that game basically fractured into 3 communities.

1. The casual community that plays the vanilla game and hates mods

2. The competitive community which attempts to balance the game between the survivors and infected by having to remove many elements from survivor play to do so

3. The modding community, which is usually hated by community 1 and is only liked by community 2 if there is some resemblance of balance to their liking

Haven't played it but the custom private match settings has me intrigued. It would be cool if they could expand upon it in the future too. Still think a first person perspective for counselors would be fun and immersive. What I think would be really fun is to implement a respawn feature for both counselors and Jason.

44 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Definitely made for good matches @Vaderspupil.  With just a few more people or a full lobby, these toggles for private matches will rejuvenate my desire to play more often.  Only things I really feel need fixing now are vehicle bugs and getting deep into the combat mechanics and eliminate exploits many people use and abuse.  @mattshotcha, are there plans to look into combat related bugs (like teleporting when attacking or using a spray)? Keep in mind, the teleporting is related to exploiting button inputs and not latency/ connection issues.

Those are on the list for investigation as well! I don't have more info to provide at this time, but they are known issues with the team.

• Thanks 1

Jason's grab is still a mess.  But overall, a good update.  ( I don't play private matches so I can't comment on that.  This a style of game that is supposed to be played with strangers via QP  IMO Because this bring a real challenge of survivng/escaping.  Playing with a bunch of buddies you always play with and communicating through mics makes it a cakewalk to escape or kill Jason. Who is still overmatched against a death squad really. )  Bring back the force grab dang it!!!

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Jason's grab is still a mess.  But overall, a good update.  ( I don't play private matches so I can't comment on that.  This a style of game that is supposed to be played with strangers via QP  IMO Because this bring a real challenge of survivng/escaping.  Playing with a bunch of buddies you always play with and communicating through mics makes it a cakewalk to escape or kill Jason. Who is still overmatched against a death squad really. )  Bring back the force grab dang it!!!

His grab is actually worse now , Im missing more than ever after this patch, im also getting more stunned than ever,  hasn't anyone noticed the speed increase the counsellors?, aside from Jason getting another nerf, this patch was good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Those are on the list for investigation as well! I don't have more info to provide at this time, but they are known issues with the team.

Good to know. The player base is going to keep this game alive for as long as it can. I can see those who love this game dancing with Jason to "Summer of Heat" across the world as the servers are finally shut down. Until that happens I am very happy as both a customer and a player that Gun Media and Black Tower are still spending time and resources to get the game into a state both the players and developers can be proud of. Eliminating these annoying exploits would go a long way to achieving this @mattshotcha. I feel the last patch was a complete win so far. It fixed many things and didn't introduce more issues. The private match options were a great way to enhance player agency and that is a very good thing. Thank you for the support. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Played in a couple private matches last night with @Redrum138 and @RustInPeace. We played with no med sprays and no maps to be found unless you used the perks to start with them. Mini map was turned off unless you were using nerves of steel and power was cut to start the match. The only real buff the counselors got was double health to compensate for the lack of med sprays. It was more fun than I've had playing F13 in a long time. It was tense, exactly how the game should be. I managed to survive the night in one match by hiding in the kitchen pantry of Packanack when I was the only one left. I'm not one to usually use hiding spots, but when the deck is stacked against you, you do what you gotta to survive. It was great.😎

Yeah @Vaderspupil @RustInPeace ,so much fun! Hopefully next time we'll get a full lobby to play like that. Loved the hardcore settings that we came up with! No sprays, no hud, no maps, lights out, max fear to start, Jason has no sense in rage and double counselor health. Very movie like settings, intense and fun! @mattshotchaGreat patch, nailed it!

• Like 3

i love the new options. it was almost shocking to see a new menu appear in the game since the end of new content & all. i kinda felt the same with the rage update, which i am also a fan of. speaking of which, these new menus are also a way for players who do not like some of the changes over the years to play more to their liking. the games too easy? the games too hard? you can now change that. you can practice many different  scenarios with your friends much easier now. you can make up new games, like race to the started car or something. i really like setting jasons throwing knives at x2 damage.. its awesome! setting health x2 & removing sprays is fun too. this was a great idea for "new" content without having a legal finger up your ass. i hope this means more options will be added in the future.

only thing ive noticed wrong with the new update so far is everything seems kinda buggy here & there. like when you start the boat for example, you do a little hop then jump in haha. the car seems the most buggy, its very touchy. ive destroyed the car only by sneezing in the driver seat some matches.. its not constant but it seems very fragile. one thing i can say is i have yet to been tossed out into space or been trapped in limbo, only suicided, & im happy about that. its a good start to all car problems. most of all, the enviorment kills are back in action!!!! i can FINALLY tell someone to "stick around" again. YES.

i think this is the best update we've had in a long time. it was worth the wait. i get too excited about this shit.. thanks team! go get 'em.

• Like 1

Really enjoying this new update.  My group and I have got back in the game for the first time in a year and a half and are finding our enjoyment for this game again.  The settings also allow 4-5 man lobbies to have more freedom to create a fair lobby where that wasn't possible before.  My PSN is my name on here if you want to add me and join us!

Well I can say this the settings are neat, but it has altered the dynamic of the game in ways hard to explain, got my 2 good groups left. Anyways I wasn’t griping at all, just sharing thoughts.

yeah having it since launch the only reason left to play is to goof around and have fun, some nights are better than others. A lot of the clowns that I used to have fun with have withered away into people who are kinda too serious or people who just beat each other with bats lol, my group of friends used to be on enough that people were having to pick lobbies, now we’re lucky if we have 4 or 5 so then we rely on posts which result in various crap lol

of course the above has nothing to do with the update. I did notice a bump in the Xbox groups for a few days after, probably just people wanting to check out and see what changed.

like someone else said, I’ve had games that were like the funnest games I’ve played even before setting alterations, just now though I dropped out of a lobby because it felt like tv hour at the depression clinic lol

On 1/22/2020 at 7:22 PM, TedWhiteJ4 said:

His grab is actually worse now , Im missing more than ever after this patch, im also getting more stunned than ever,  hasn't anyone noticed the speed increase the counsellors?, aside from Jason getting another nerf, this patch was good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think don't think the patch changed anything about the grab or counselors speed.

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think don't think the patch changed anything about the grab or counselors speed.

I got stunned as Jason like crazy but I rarely play as Jason, didn’t feel grab was much different but I suck at it lol. I’ve seen some Jason’s immune to stun from what it seems, several bat taps and whack and not phased almost ever and this was with standard settings, I’m not sure if there’s another glitch being exploited I don’t know about

apparently the damn car is NOT fixed, Jason’s have figured a way around it again, foul just like counselors dancing on the roof, fun to adjust settings but I wish they would have simply just fixed the code really, all of the exploits patched, and get the game on solid ground that it hasn’t been on in a VERY long time. That would have made me much happier but it is a perk to be able to do that, but good games when they add things they quickly fix things they messed up, it seems here we only get fixes sometimes and I can’t believe the car can still be flipped, are they so afraid to touch that part of the code lol

Playing on Xbox mostly so I don’t have to worry about people cracking into the game code really. Console is pretty locked down but the game code needs work, still love it, we actually had a really fun game tonight and I only knew one other person before the private match.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, DorianRo said:

I disagree with the QP mode being best, I mean competitive play maybe but how much can you play this until that gets old, then you get up with all your buddies including who will be Jason too, it’s more fun to play casual to me, I would have stopped playing years ago if it weren’t for the social aspect, but to each his own.

you gotta be laughing and carrying on for me to have fun. But I’m from a generation where we sat on the floor and played on NES with two controllers and not the newer generation that seems to take gaming more seriously other than just friends having fun together maybe just my age showing lol