Sign in to follow this  
Romey Rome75

resident evil 2 has Mr.x A.i then why not a Jason A.i

I'm sure  most of you has played  Resident evil remake by now  and  experienced the terror of relentless  pursue of  Mr.X... It's about time for a Jason A.i.. It makes  a lot of sense to keep the game alive by making a single player  survivor version of the game.. Though we all love Jason  ...but what kept us in fear of Jason was being stalked by Jason..being in the counselors shoes ... PvP is good and all but sometimes we  all would love a little solo content...and make it an Official survivor horror  just as a resident evil game but also imitate the movies as well..Look at it this way, most  horror games are single player and most people would like to survive the horror" Not" always "be" the  horror itself..don't get me wrong if you have some inner serial killer in you and being Jason is satisfying your inner blood lust  then  indulge by all means...But remember the entire point of a horror is we like to be scared and Jason A.i  will not only bring back players but will  also give this game what its been always missing.. (not to mention  solo has always been popular do to  not dealing with trolls in game helping jason) 

Edited by Romey Rome75
misspell

The Alien A.I. in Alien: Isolation took five years to complete. The Mr. X A.I was less complicated and took three and a half. Now let's look at Friday the 13th's A.I. bots.

They were thrown to together in less then six months and it shows. Their pathing is all jacked up resulting in them getting stuck in the environment. They barely make any logical decisions while being chased by Jason. The bots often hide right in front of Jason or jump through a window right in front of him. The recent patch to the Jarvis house bots was required because a bug interfered with their ability to realize the match had begun. The bots are not very good. Gun Media and Illfonic didn't have the time to give us solid A.I. and it shows. 

A Jason A.I. at this stage would be new content and that in itself is impossible at this stage. But for a Jason A.I. to really be good enough to to simply run around the map properly would take at least a year to a year and a half. Shifting into a grab. Stopping the car. Morphing to an objective that a councilor has fudged. All of this would take years to code. Black Tower the current developers have been doing a passable job patching the game. However adding Jason A.I. into the game at this late stage would be very problematic for them. 

In hindsight if A.I. Jason could have been a thing it would have had to have been implemented during the game's initial development. At this stage in the game you wouldn't receive that truly intimidating presence you get out of the Mr. X A.I. Instead you could expect the gruesome and intimidating Jason Voorhees to be endlessly walking against the walls of his own cabin. Dreaming of the days he was a feared presence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the insight  as well as  showing me the big picture..Hopefully  if they make another version maybe focus on an open world solo game / online multiplayer ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Romey Rome75 said:

Thank you for the insight  as well as  showing me the big picture..Hopefully  if they make another version maybe focus on an open world solo game / online multiplayer ??

At this point the best we can hope for is that when the ruling comes down in June it ends the lawsuit for good. However Sean Cunningham could still appeal if he loses again. But if he does appeal Sean Cunningham would have to appeal to the supreme court. The supreme court was the court that ruled on the law that allowed Victor Miller to sue for his rights. Because of this the supreme court could choose not to view his appeal. If this happens Victor Miller will win completely and Sean Cunningham will be forced to negotiate with Victor for the future of the franchise. 

Now if the lawsuit ends. I am one hundred percent sure that once negotiations are over a new game will be greenlit. Friday the 13th: The Game is very popular and sold very well. The franchise has a cult following that is very loyal and is starving for new content. Will Gun Media be involved? That is unknown. But when this string of events is put into motion rest assured there will be several announcements involving who is publishing and developing the game. If you want a Jason A.I that will be the time to let your voice be heard. That being said it won't be implemented in this game. Too much work and red tape preventing it at this point. 

• Thanks 1