Eye66

Original Backer's Savini Jason Thoughts

I was a backer and got Savini Jason at launch, and I've been thinking that since the game is fairly old at this point with lots of new players I really wouldn't mind if they made him a DLC or very high level unlock. I appreciate that he was kept as our backer exclusive and they stuck to their guns on that, but it'd be a nice thank you to people who love the game but never had a chance to back it. What do you guys think?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My answer is yes. I would love to have him (and pay for him of course).

But I am afraid that even if they would agree to, the buying option would be declared as new content, that‘s it.

• Like 2

eye66 what system do you play on? I would like to add you because I am also a backer and like to play with other backers. My get is A CER1AL KILL3R just like that on everything except for switch. It’s just CER1AL on switch. And No it shouldn’t and won’t be released 

• Like 1

I'm on xbox as SoberEye636, I took a pretty long break but been coming back the past week and was surprised by how many seemingly new players there are. I was feeling generous since I've had most of my Savini fun already, I really wouldn't mind if the new kids hat a shot at him myself

• Like 1

A backer with a bit of common sense in my opinion. I totally agree with Eye66, at this stage in the games life span. After that slip up that happened where he was available to everyone made him non exclusive anyway in my opinion. I know it's never going to happen but.....

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Eye66 said:

I'm on xbox as SoberEye636, I took a pretty long break but been coming back the past week and was surprised by how many seemingly new players there are. I was feeling generous since I've had most of my Savini fun already, I really wouldn't mind if the new kids hat a shot at him myself

I added you. 

• Like 1

As a non-backer, I'm fine with not having him. Playing against Savini is like a treat- if everyone had him it wouldn't be as fun. 

• Like 1

I’d actually like him removed, lol I know it will never happen, but I’m old school, grew up on the movies, Tom Savini lost his skill, that does not look like Jason, you can hardly see the mask, I know I know, this was supposed to be him returning from hell, but I still like to see a man in a visible hockey mask come at me lol.

in general im against exclusive game content, this for better or worse just doesn’t seem to be a good thing, exclusive content in my opinion would have been movie accurate masks signed by Savini, some kind of fan memorabilia.

like the original poster said, I do believe if in game perks are going to be given to backers these should be things like easier leveling up, just something that was also attainable by others with more hard work. I’m pretty sure you can still buy him on eBay through a momentary game share trick, I did, but you can never delete the file, ultimately I removed it on my own, it was 5 dollars wasted.

Also the crowd sourcing was a little off to me, I saw the link and would have considered doing it, however I have never done that before and wasn’t really ready to hand out my credit card info etc to a website I had never seen before. Had I, I would have much rather had an authentic movie accurate part 3 mask than a fire zombie Jason lol.

Everyone does seem to get all riled up about this, he’s for backers only da da da, seriously who cares? I mean we spend a little bit of our spare time playing a game and then move on to real life where you can’t wear your Savini Jason as a badge of honor lol.

i would even vote no to Jason X and Grendel spaceship map, I would vote yes to adding forest green and the part of crystal lake from part 7, I mean they are all on crystal lake, I would even vote no to Manhattan, call me crazy but the cabins in the woods is one of the best parts of the game, it sets the mood for the movies I remember. I even recognize the house where Kevin Bacon died and commonly refer to it as “the bacon house” lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

No, he’s an exclusive and it’s been said repeatedly that he will stay that way.

What this gentleman said. 😎

10 hours ago, emchapps said:

As a non-backer, I'm fine with not having him. Playing against Savini is like a treat- if everyone had him it wouldn't be as fun. 

Some new players are still fascinated with Savini Jason from what I've noticed.

• Like 2

I'd love to be able to use the Savini Jason but i have accepted that i never will. I was excited to play against a Savini Jason recently and then he quit the match a few minutes into it. Haven't seen one for about a week now.

16 hours ago, Eye66 said:

I was a backer and got Savini Jason at launch, and I've been thinking that since the game is fairly old at this point with lots of new players I really wouldn't mind if they made him a DLC or very high level unlock. I appreciate that he was kept as our backer exclusive and they stuck to their guns on that, but it'd be a nice thank you to people who love the game but never had a chance to back it. What do you guys think?

I mean i would love to have Savini tbh, but i also have accepted that i never will because it is an backers exclusive thing. But yea it would be nice IF that was possible 😜 

I gotta side with Emchapps, if everybody has Savini, he becomes just another Jason.  And no, I dont have one and wish I did.  Hes better as my White Whale.

Also couldnt agree more with AshTray on the maps--forget Spaceships or Cruise Boats, getting Forest Green, part 7, or even just a generic woods map would be awesome.  One can dream.

Or they could just spruce up Pinehurst a little?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, masterkeef42o said:

... I was excited to play against a Savini Jason recently and then he quit the match a few minutes into it. Haven't seen one for about a week now.

If that was yesterday, that could possibly have been me.  First and only match I got into had people teleporting during melee attacks and spray animations.  I just quit about 3 or 4 minutes in after seeing that half the lobby was doing this.  Otherwise, I hadn't played in well over two months, and was waiting for the environmental bug fix.  After that display, though, it sullied my urge to check what was fixed or try out any private games.

I have Savini and love playing as him. I think everyone should have the chance. 

• Like 4

I’m a backer and I’m game but I’m sure others aren’t! 
if they did they would have to give credit in game loading lobby to the OG Backers like maybe put a gold B next to backers loading names! 

14 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I’m a backer and I’m game but I’m sure others aren’t! 
if they did they would have to give credit in game loading lobby to the OG Backers like maybe put a gold B next to backers loading names! 

Or maybe just bump the stats for the backers' Savini Jasons up a little from the version available to non-backers? 

It doesn't crush me to not have SJ but I can't help feeling that I have an incomplete version of the game without him and I'd love for some compromise to be reached so he could be available to all in some form (is it too optimistic to imagine him being released at least for solo player, maybe once the development cycle has ended?). Personally, I didn't have a current gen console when the Kickstarter campaign happened and had no idea there was a F13 game until it was released, and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this. 

I have Savini but I definitely think they should open him up to everybody at a $9.99 price range.  Why not generate more excitement and get a decent chunk of extra change if you're GUN?

Edit:  OR maybe even make it so once a player reaches level 150 they're directed to the PS Store where they can then purchase Savini Jason.  Reward them for playing a lot even though they may have not been a day 1 player.

• Like 3

@MJDrocks i would love that. I've only had a ps4 for about 2 months and F13 was my 1st choice for a game when i got it. I fully intended on buying every piece of DLC and then i learned about the lawsuit. I was pretty bummed out but i still love the game and play for hours online every night. I would love it if Savini Jason was the reward for reaching level 150, even if i have to pay. Hell, I'd pay $20 for it even. I just want the complete game with everything unlocked. 

• Like 2