mattshotcha

Patch Notes 1.36 - 1.20.2020

7 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I use fox all the time on PS4 and am able to customize her clothing colors and they stay that way till I change them.

what are you playing on? 

Steam

On 2/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, Sanitago5 said:

I am level 150 and it is impossible to customize Fox's clothes. She keeps the clothes she has by default,  doesn't let me change the different outfits

@mattshotcha 

is this an issues that has been reported by steam players?

On 2/24/2020 at 2:23 PM, Sanitago5 said:

I am level 150 and it is impossible to customize Fox's clothes. She keeps the clothes she has by default,  doesn't let me change the different outfits

30 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha 

is this an issues that has been reported by steam players?

A few folks have reported similar. Best thing to do is contact support at JasonKillsBugs.com for troubleshooting help.

• Thanks 2

On 2/25/2020 at 4:35 PM, mattshotcha said:

A few folks have reported similar. Best thing to do is contact support at JasonKillsBugs.com for troubleshooting help.

Thank you

On 1/21/2020 at 5:25 AM, mattshotcha said:

These are known, and we'll continue top investigate in priority order. 

you think it would also be possible to implement all the new options for private matches, but into offline bots? I'd like to do that, it'll be like a sandbox for Jason, starting with rage and just unrelentingly hunting down those pesky bots. Even an offline counselor mode would be cool, doesn't need to have some new Jason bot, I'd just like to roam around the map as a counselor, looking for parts in the quiet foggy night.

• Like 1

There’s a bug that’s been around for a while, there’s a trick that allows you to teleport right on top of a moving car as Jason, which causes it to be destroyed and survivors fly away and can’t escape, as survivor sometimes you stay alive and sometimes you die of "suicide". 

PS: It would be great if they implemented the game in virtual reality and would attract the attention of many people

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sanitago5 said:

There’s a bug that’s been around for a while, there’s a trick that allows you to teleport right on top of a moving car as Jason, which causes it to be destroyed and survivors fly away and can’t escape, as survivor sometimes you stay alive and sometimes you die of "suicide". 

PS: It would be great if they implemented the game in virtual reality and would attract the attention of many people

Are you sure he is teleporting on top of the car? There is a known glitch that in some cases, Jason will teleport and it will destroy the car similar to the knife glitch.

As for the VR mode of the game, it has been asked about many times. With the game this late in it's life cycle, they probably wouldn't even consider putting in the work it would take for that format, but more than likely the lawsuit would probably prevent it as it would be considered "new content" as it's a new format.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:24 PM, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Even an offline counselor mode would be cool, doesn't need to have some new Jason bot, I'd just like to roam around the map as a counselor, looking for parts in the quiet foggy night.

Some players do that in Private matches.

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Some players do that in Private matches.

Ye can't do it with only one person tho

On 3/6/2020 at 4:48 AM, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Ye can't do it with only one person tho

I was referring to the Private matches where Jason lets counselors run around and get used to the basics of the game, including exploring the maps a bit. I've encountered a few that let new players get a bit of practice in as counselors before hunting them.

On 3/8/2020 at 7:10 PM, Fair Play said:

I was referring to the Private matches where Jason lets counselors run around and get used to the basics of the game, including exploring the maps a bit. I've encountered a few that let new players get a bit of practice in as counselors before hunting them.

eh i just wish there was a way we could ALWAYS do it, just by ourselves, without having to gather friends to allow you to do it...

19 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

eh i just wish there was a way we could ALWAYS do it, just by ourselves, without having to gather friends to allow you to do it...

Given the lawsuit, I'm sure their hands are tied. Perhaps in a future F13 game by someone else, could this be an option.

I was glad the Australian servers returned on PS4 with this update after 5 months without them... however they also seemed to bring back different Asia Pacific servers that I get equivalent ping on (~80ms). I’m in Western Australia, so guessing those AP servers might be in Singapore or thereabouts. 

The problematic thing about this is it puts me in AP servers after 15 seconds most of the time, so if I’m playing solo it’s nearly impossible to get into a lobby in the correct region. It won’t put me in an AU server till about 1:15 has elapsed in the search, which is something that barely happens as usually it finds an AP lobby in 15-20 seconds. 

It is doubly annoying because unlike the other laggier AP servers that have a lot of very skilled players from Japan, these ones have a lot of toxic players, cheaters/glitchers/trolls and ragequitters.

It seems like a lot of people from Kuwait (Q8 in their gamer tag) who play this game have a terrible attitude when it comes to online gaming. It’s odd as I have no doubt Kuwait is full of awesome people - just players with “Q8” in their name tend to be toxic douchebags. 

It’s awkward at times when you get players from Arabic countries acting like obnoxious repugnant dickheads in the game, it feels a bit petty to get that annoyed with them when I have no idea what their life entails compared to mine.

Then there’s the 10 year olds screaming into their mic in a different language.

I hope the region detect issue is fixed at some point and I don’t have to dwell in AP purgatory for the remainder of this game’s lifespan - most of the non-Japanese AP lobbies consist of either clueless noobs or toxic level 150 morons to be frank.  Needing to have friends playing in order to get into the right region is quite bothersome and I really hope it’s rectified soon enough. 

On 4/5/2020 at 10:20 AM, tinysquirrel said:

It seems like a lot of people from Kuwait (Q8 in their gamer tag) who play this game have a terrible attitude when it comes to online gaming. It’s odd as I have no doubt Kuwait is full of awesome people - just players with “Q8” in their name tend to be toxic douchebags. 

It’s awkward at times when you get players from Arabic countries acting like obnoxious repugnant dickheads in the game, it feels a bit petty to get that annoyed with them when I have no idea what their life entails compared to mine.

I completely hear you on this! I've mentioned before that an absurd amount of Arabic speaking players from the Middle East come across really toxic in the game but got very little feedback on the matter. It's not all of them. Just a majority bunch who make the decent ones look bad. I play on the EU servers and also noticed that these players come from not only Kuwait but also Saudi Arabia, with a select few having KSA in their name (acronym for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia). They only want to troll Jason - sometimes in groups, don't play to escape or help others and abuse exploits and glitches A LOT for their own gratification. They even go as far as to post their videos on YouTube purely to show off how good they are at trolling Jason.

In all honesty, I don't mean to relish on you misfortune, but I'm actually glad that better AP servers will hopefully keep them off the EU servers. Hopefully you'll get better consistency with the AU servers soon.

• Like 1

Glad to know someone can empathise! 

I’m cautiously optimistic as tonight I’m playing and it’s put me in AU two lobbies in a row after about 30 seconds.

This has never happened since the AU servers returned in January, unless I’m in a party with someone else hosting.

Fingers crossed they fixed the issue, in which case I’ll be extremely thankful! 

The occasional AP lobby is tolerable and can be fun, but being put into them immediately as the first option rather than finding AU had become quite tiresome. 

Edit: Nope, aside from those two times it’s been the same as usual. 

😭😭😭

My 1st time playing in months and the host left and I got kicked?

Did something happen or....

19 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Armani? Every once in a while it is still possible to be thrown in p2p lobbies. The servers are still up and running for now. 

I played some more, just odd coincidence I guess. 

Silly question, but is there a plan for bots to do other things like try to escape in the boat or I don't know, try to kill Jason? Or will they continue to jump in and out of the same window regardless of whether or not the glass is broken and stand around like a bunch of stoned foot roosters in a fuck farm?

32 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Silly question, but is there a plan for bots to do other things like try to escape in the boat or I don't know, try to kill Jason? Or will they continue to jump in and out of the same window regardless of whether or not the glass is broken and stand around like a bunch of stoned foot roosters in a fuck farm?

As long as those roosters adds to my XP and I get leveled up they can just stand there for all I care. Can't wait to unlock Part IX Jason at level 31! :D 

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Yeah, I hope Black Tower tweaks the bots A.I. eventually to make Them stop the all match hiding and the return window diving that they do now....

I really want to see a boat escape and an attempt at the sweater and kill to be implemented as well.