mattshotcha

Patch Notes 1.36 - 1.20.2020

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Another option to add to the custom match settings would be to allow the option to remove the timer or extend the timer for 10-20 mins up to 40 mins. That way, it can be toggled to be removed as an advantage for counselor completely or at the very least, made harder.

Also having two boat spawns as a chance would be neat.

Two boat spawns would probably be tricky, but a potential timer toggle could be interesting. As always, I'm not sure we'll get more toggles other than the one for Ability Unlock, but I'll note this one for the team.

1 hour ago, The Rain said:

Thank @mattshotcha you for this patch and congratulations to the team, I hope to see future patches like this in the future

Thank you for the support!

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

@mattshotcha many thanks to you and your team for providing this patch and for keep on going to provide further ones in the future. Really appreciate this.

The environmental kills now work quite fine, also Pinehurst glitches are gone.

But the offline bots could actually do a little bit more: on Packanack small some of them Just opened and closed several times the very same door?  Unless you haven’t inserted new content (= offline bots using weed and therefore act crazy 😁), this could be looked after. 

The bots that we fixed were the totally static ones on Jarvis. The bot pathing issues (like open/close on same door) are still to be investigated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a good patch,  I need to try and get some old players back so I can do some custom private matches, where we can make Jason OP again. The only thing I have noticed about the new patch is that the counsellors are definitely faster making Jason even weaker than he already is in QP,  shocked nobody has mentioned this. I'm recovering from a pretty big shoulder surgery so ive played this game non stop the last couple of months,  there is definitely a difference,  it makes jasons grab even more useless than it already is, but I don't want to turn this into other Jason is weak thread, Ive come to grips to the fact that as this game progress Jason just gets weaker. Im going to get some people together for some private custom matches to make Jason the wrecking machine he used to be.

I really want to applaud this team for the overall patch, aside from what ive mentioned,  good job guys.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the patch.  F13 is one of my favorites and It's going to be for some time yet!!  ;)

Two things I've noticed, both started rarely happening after last patch, but more so since this one- 

1) My C/J selections will reset to random between the timer and load screen, has happened several times the last week.

2) When barricading a door, you often get the lock wheel, then your character opens the door; I don't notice it happening to interior doors with the small locks, just the barred doors.

Otherwise, the functional environment kills help, and the sliders on the private match offer a lot more options, solid.

41 minutes ago, SDA said:

2) When barricading a door, you often get the lock wheel, then your character opens the door; I don't notice it happening to interior doors with the small locks, just the barred doors.

Ive noticed this happens when jason is chopping door while you are trying to lock it. Havent seen it otherwise. Happens everytime/certain map/certain cabin? or just at random?

I've had that door barricade thing happen too but i think it only happens when I'm trying to lock it from a weird angle. Not necessarily standing right in front of it facing it. I always assumed it was an error on my part. 

@mattshotcha this update is good you have set the hook now if the team could allow the player to remove any of jasons abilitys with a toggle you could reel in some of the lost player base. most people i have watched want to be able to disable sense -stalk-and or shift again you get the point.very well done a step in the right direction 

More ideas for custom match options.

- Permanent Stalk for Jason On/Off

Or alternatively

- Turn Off Jason's chase music On/Off

The custom matches really opens the door for brand new, unique games. Hell, you can easily bring back the glory days of the Christmas Beta. No sweater, no kill, etc but still having Tommy around to help.

• Like 3

Update!The bulldozer on Pinehurst exploit was fixed in the patch.You can no longer get up on the bucket of the bulldozer. I just tested it. I couldn't get the known method to work so more good news from this patch.

Had a game crash on crystal lake small.

Started the 2 seater as Vanessa.

Deborah got in the passenger seat.

Drove forward and the game crashed to the Xbox home screen.

Just another ordinary day at camp crystal lake.

I noticed I'm getting Jason more often than usual.

That is a nice bonus to the environmental kills being fixed.

Thanks to the team for the new patch.

Just noticed the following on PS4, (I also have send message to jasonkillbugs):  crystal lake, playing as Adam. Inventory: a PK, firecrackers and keys. I ran to the 2seater. Saw Jason on the road, used firecrackers, which stun him and went for the car. Although gas and battery were already fixed on it, the X to enter the car did not come. I was even not able to drop the keys or the PK for a Vanessa either, who stood around. Was it another firecrackers glitch? Inventory was still visible. Later Jason came, slashed me once, the keys were then workable, I was able to start the car. 🤔

On 1/25/2020 at 8:04 AM, Wolledc said:

Just noticed the following on PS4, (I also have send message to jasonkillbugs):  crystal lake, playing as Adam. Inventory: a PK, firecrackers and keys. I ran to the 2seater. Saw Jason on the road, used firecrackers, which stun him and went for the car. Although gas and battery were already fixed on it, the X to enter the car did not come. I was even not able to drop the keys or the PK for a Vanessa either, who stood around. Was it another firecrackers glitch? Inventory was still visible. Later Jason came, slashed me once, the keys were then workable, I was able to start the car. 🤔

Sounds like the interaction glitch. Not sure it’s been brought on by this latest patch however. Some people have been saying for the past few months on Facebook groups it’s been happening to them. Only way to get out of the glitch is have Jason slash or grab you. Sometimes another counselor can hit you, but that doesn’t always work. 
I’ve been running into the Jason interaction glitch lately. When you try and quick block, all of Jason’s abilities lock down and all you can do is slow walk. It takes getting hit by a counselor or getting in the water to fix this glitch. 

Thanks @mattshotcha and the team.  This is the best patch for a long time.  The AU Servers are connecting again, finding a game is MUCH faster, and there are no new show-stoppers introduced.  Obviously there are still issues like the knife/car which you are looking into, but a really really good release.  Well done guys!

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:56 AM, Werdna said:

When are they going to add a patch to the Asian version to add in the Flare gun? 

@mattshotcha I noticed people were able to use the Flare Gun in the Hong Kong version of F13 about 10 days ago. Is this fixed now? Is cross-region play working between the 3 region versions (NA/EU/AS) now? I'm excited to purchase my SIXTH copy of this game to round out my collection (3x PS4, X1, PC, Switch).

• Confused 1

@mattshotcha First of all, thank you for your efforts.  This patch has been a good one and delivered content/options that no one here was expecting.  Thank you.  I can't complain about it beside knifing the car hasn't been addressed, which of course you've been transparent about for this patch.

Moving forward, I want to ask you what you personally think of my suggestion.  Jason is overall, I feel, balanced where he needs to be, with the sole exception on how easy and early killing him is.  All it takes are a few counselors w/ combat experience to take him out, and because it can be done as soon as Tommy spawns on the map, optimally it's best to go for it when he arrives.  There isn't many counterplay for Jason since just about after any stun Jason can take damage, and all it can take is Jason walking into 1 trap, taking a shotgun, and one hit from Tommy for an demask, which are all likely even if kill squads aren't considered.  This essentially forcing the Jason to play like he's walking on eggshells, make it about whether Tommy was called or not as the determining factor of how the game goes.  Theses are problems because unlike any of the other objective, Killing Jason ends the game for everyone, and there is little prevention from stopping it before a full and meaningful game is played out.  The kill can be done before Jason gets all his abilities, nevermind getting rage.

What I believe would remedy this scenario, while still not effected the causal experience or making escapes harder, is simply make Jason damage immune until rage.  All this would do is move the Jason killing opportunity from when Tommy arrives to later in the game.  This would encourage seeking escape opportunities first, since Jason can't be killed right away.  Also once Jason gets rage, he will become vulnerable to it so it's in his best interest to reduce the counselor numbers before it.  More counselor's left, more counselor left to fight the mask off.  This is what the game should be like.  Escape first. If that fails, try to kill him. If that fails, survive the night.  Bad Jasons will still die, but protected long enough to at least thwart an car escape or cops.  Kill squads will actually have to deal with Jason, since they can't just kill him right away.  Experienced Jasons and counselors can have an more dynamic game that is beyond just getting to the Tommy call first.

Any input you have I'd like to hear, as I really do want to hear what you think of this idea, @mattshotcha.   If there is one more thing I'd could add, it would be to reduce rage gained from hits.  Keep the rage increased from game time untouched, just from hits.  Give counselors more opportunities to stun Jason before he gets rage to help with objectives.  I feel right now, Jason gets into rage way too fast, often on the very first battle over objectives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

@mattshotcha First of all, thank you for your efforts.  This patch has been a good one and delivered content/options that no one here was expecting.  Thank you.  I can't complain about it beside knifing the car hasn't been addressed, which of course you've been transparent about for this patch.

Moving forward, I want to ask you what you personally think of my suggestion.  Jason is overall, I feel, balanced where he needs to be, with the sole exception on how easy and early killing him is.  All it takes are a few counselors w/ combat experience to take him out, and because it can be done as soon as Tommy spawns on the map, optimally it's best to go for it when he arrives.  There isn't many counterplay for Jason since just about after any stun Jason can take damage, and all it can take is Jason walking into 1 trap, taking a shotgun, and one hit from Tommy for an demask, which are all likely even if kill squads aren't considered.  This essentially forcing the Jason to play like he's walking on eggshells, make it about whether Tommy was called or not as the determining factor of how the game goes.  Theses are problems because unlike any of the other objective, Killing Jason ends the game for everyone, and there is little prevention from stopping it before a full and meaningful game is played out.  The kill can be done before Jason gets all his abilities, nevermind getting rage.

What I believe would remedy this scenario, while still not effected the causal experience or making escapes harder, is simply make Jason damage immune until rage.  All this would do is move the Jason killing opportunity from when Tommy arrives to later in the game.  This would encourage seeking escape opportunities first, since Jason can't be killed right away.  Also once Jason gets rage, he will become vulnerable to it so it's in his best interest to reduce the counselor numbers before it.  More counselor's left, more counselor left to fight the mask off.  This is what the game should be like.  Escape first. If that fails, try to kill him. If that fails, survive the night.  Bad Jasons will still die, but protected long enough to at least thwart an car escape or cops.  Kill squads will actually have to deal with Jason, since they can't just kill him right away.  Experienced Jasons and counselors can have an more dynamic game that is beyond just getting to the Tommy call first.

Any input you have I'd like to hear, as I really do want to hear what you think of this idea, @mattshotcha.   If there is one more thing I'd could add, it would be to reduce rage gained from hits.  Keep the rage increased from game time untouched, just from hits.  Give counselors more opportunities to stun Jason before he gets rage to help with objectives.  I feel right now, Jason gets into rage way too fast, often on the very first battle over objectives.

Nice suggestion, but I feel this all comes down to Jason vs groups balance being way off. As Jason, Ill take on Tommy(minus the shotgun) and sweater girl any day and win most of the time using knives/slashes/blocks. Add just 1 more person to that battle and Jason is at disadvantage as he cant cover the multiple angles and will eventually get stunned and demasked because of it. Grab is useless in a group, as you will just get stunned or dealt damage by the other counselor(meat shield was so nice when that existed). Damage coming out of stun shouldn't be allowed and if meat shield cant be brought back how about adding a % to break free when a counselor is grabbed like they do for stun. That way you still have a way to fend off that counselor release by hit and get a kill, making grab useful again in a group.

In Rage balance change, kill squads still just group up and deal damage to jason and get kill. In your change I think they will still group up, beat up jason until he gets rage and then demask and kill. Give Jason a chance against groups and those battles with experienced kill squads would be more fun.

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Nice suggestion, but I feel this all comes down to Jason vs groups balance being way off. As Jason, Ill take on Tommy(minus the shotgun) and sweater girl any day and win most of the time using knives/slashes/blocks. Add just 1 more person to that battle and Jason is at disadvantage as he cant cover the multiple angles and will eventually get stunned and demasked because of it. Grab is useless in a group, as you will just get stunned or dealt damage by the other counselor(meat shield was so nice when that existed). Damage coming out of stun shouldn't be allowed and if meat shield cant be brought back how about adding a % to break free when a counselor is grabbed like they do for stun. That way you still have a way to fend off that counselor release by hit and get a kill, making grab useful again in a group.

Well yea, Jason has holes in his combat that multiple counselors can exploit.  This is exactly why an damage immunity period will help Jason.  I'm not of opinion that the Jason kill should be next to impossible or too hard and complicated causal players can't achieve it.  My suggest is meant to be a easy, simple, quick change to apply how the game is already is without something drastic like an combat overhaul.  Also preserving Jason's HP until then will help with preventing residue damage throughout the game as well as situations like battling for an car, which right now, can be used as "bait" for an easy demask.

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

In Rage balance change, kill squads still just group up and deal damage to jason and get kill. In your change I think they will still group up, beat up jason until he gets rage and then demask and kill. Give Jason a chance against groups and those battles with experienced kill squads would be more fun.

Yes that would be a tactic, beating him into rage, but how this wouldn't be better than how it's currently is without any addition protection?  Managing when Jason gets rage will become another variable the player would need to manage when considering a kill squad.  Damage immunity (until rage) will give Jason an chance to deal with squads, forcing them to actually survive Jason and protect Tommy without the crutch of ending the game ASAP.  This encourages Jason to reduce counselors before he can be stopped.   Bad or weaker Jasons will still die to superior players, but lobbies of equal skill on both sides will likely be more fairly balanced, at least more so than it is currently.  Protect Jason early so everyone can play though an actual game, push back the Jason dying part to later in the game.

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Any input you have I'd like to hear, as I really do want to hear what you think of this idea, @mattshotcha.   If there is one more thing I'd could add, it would be to reduce rage gained from hits.  Keep the rage increased from game time untouched, just from hits.  Give counselors more opportunities to stun Jason before he gets rage to help with objectives.  I feel right now, Jason gets into rage way too fast, often on the very first battle over objectives

This is really a good idea, as much as I think the rage update ruined the game this would definitely make some people hate it less and stop people That play together from just beating their buddy into rage right off the bat(which let’s face it teamers seem to be in at least every other game anymore)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

This is really a good idea, as much as I think the rage update ruined the game this would definitely make some people hate it less and stop people That play together from just beating their buddy into rage right off the bat(which let’s face it teamers seem to be in at least every other game anymore)

Yea, that's my thinking.  While I'm in favor, for the most part, for the Rage update (mainly to deal with a group of combat competent counselors sticking together) I do think that he can get into it too quickly.  In rage, once the car is stopped it is really hard to get it going again without a shotgun, so giving counselors more stun chances to make the escape would help balance it.

58 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I have suggested making rage entirely timer based many times say 12 minutes.

That is another way, yes.  I prefer to reduce the rage gained from hits as a way of delaying it since its still something players can consider and manipulate, on both sides.