mattshotcha

Patch Notes 1.36 - 1.20.2020

47 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No. The awesomeness of the rainbow blood remains. I personally hope they never take that out.

Goddammit. At least make it optional. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Someone got invited to a PM and didn’t realize that’s what they were joining @TimDuke 01. This is the most logical explanation I can think of. 

Could very well be the case.

Couple ideas to expand on the custom match settings down the line.

As someone else mentioned. An option to toggle the item locator on the map for counselor would be neat.

I think you could come up with a 'Random Match' concept. Which would be no different from quick match in terms of how it pools the playerbase together. However what it does is it randomizes the settings seen in private match. So each time you could have a pretty unique match. I think that would be a pretty neat middle area for those who want to try the new settings but don't have enough friends to try them. At least that way, they could play them, even if completely randomized. Obviously it would probably require its own system to work, but its something worth looking into I feel.

So you would have...

Quick Match

Private Match

Random Match - Randomizes the private match features for a quick match setting

@mattshotcha

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Couple ideas to expand on the custom match settings down the line.

As someone else mentioned. An option to toggle the item locator on the map for counselor would be neat.

I think you could come up with a 'Random Match' concept. Which would be no different from quick match in terms of how it pools the playerbase together. However what it does is it randomizes the settings seen in private match. So each time you could have a pretty unique match. I think that would be a pretty neat middle area for those who want to try the new settings but don't have enough friends to try them. At least that way, they could play them, even if completely randomized. Obviously it would probably require its own system to work, but its something worth looking into I feel.

So you would have...

Quick Match

Private Match

Random Match - Randomizes the private match features for a quick match setting

@mattshotcha

While that would be interesting, it is definitely outside the scope of the game at this point. My recommendation would be to possibly explore with the team the idea of a random button inside the private matches, but I'm not sure what is and is not possible there. I can check though.

As for populating private matches, I'd recommend Looking For Group threads. We also have a L4G section on our Discord server.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

While that would be interesting, it is definitely outside the scope of the game at this point. My recommendation would be to possibly explore with the team the idea of a random button inside the private matches, but I'm not sure what is and is not possible there. I can check though.

As for populating private matches, I'd recommend Looking For Group threads. We also have a L4G section on our Discord server.

We totally understand that it might be a bit of an effort but that would seem like big win for the fan base, it would certainly do wonders to keep the game more alive. 

36 minutes ago, shodan said:

We totally understand that it might be a bit of an effort but that would seem like big win for the fan base, it would certainly do wonders to keep the game more alive. 

No where did I mention effort. It’s not a matter of putting in effort or not.

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No. The awesomeness of the rainbow blood remains. I personally hope they never take that out.

I don't either, but I can see why it might bother some players.

All in all, we got some interesting things in this update.

10 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Car is going to be looked at next. It’s going to be a major one so we didn’t want to investigate that at the same time as say environmental kills.

Switch version coming soon. The Switch is a step behind due to launch, patching cycle, etc.

Thanks so much for the response. Glad to hear the car will be looked at eventually. Looking forward to the Switch update whenever it's ready as well.

Thank you for the patch update! Is it alright if i post a few issues?

- Car getting destroyed when Jason throws a knife at it (while Counselors are trying to escape with it.)
- Car randomly teleporting outside of the map as soon as you started it or try to escape with it.
- Not being able to get out of the car when you crashed or Jason blocked it.
- Not being able to pick up throwing knifes as Jason. Sometimes the game won't let you pick them up.
- Glitching spot in Pinehurst. People can actually get on the yellow tractor next to the barn. 

And yeah that's it i think 😕 hopefully you guys can fix these issues some day 😛 

45 minutes ago, Qlimax said:

- Car getting destroyed when Jason throws a knife at it (while Counselors are trying to escape with it.)
- Car randomly teleporting outside of the map as soon as you started it or try to escape with it.
- Not being able to pick up throwing knifes as Jason. Sometimes the game won't let you pick them up.
- Glitching spot in Pinehurst. People can actually get on the yellow tractor next to the barn. 

Yeah it's a shame this game always has to have bugs. Makes you wonder what these "patches" really do. Some of these bugs are new and worse then what we already had. But I guess if you cant add any content to a game you gotta keep "working" in circles to look like you're doing something.

1 hour ago, Qlimax said:

Car is being investigated next but I don’t have any update just yet. We also have to get the Switch version up to date first.

54 minutes ago, JED said:

Yeah it's a shame this game always has to have bugs. Makes you wonder what these "patches" really do. Some of these bugs are new and worse then what we already had. But I guess if you cant add any content to a game you gotta keep "working" in circles to look like you're doing something.

The car never was claimed to be a part of this patch, with the exception of some counselor interactions that the team tackled. I also think you might be alone in wondering what this latest patch does. I’d hardly call 1.36 “working in circles” but I would like to hear more on that.  I know patches in the past have been rocky, but are we talking historically or lately, because this comment doesn’t seem to apply to 1.36 in any way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JED said:

Considering none of the bugs @Qlimax posted about was brought on by this latest patch, what are you talking about?

It's nice to have all the custom match options. It's a shame we couldn't have that at launch but it's still nice to have. Should be fun trying out different modes. Maybe abundant weapons but no police, no weapons and rage at start, but half time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Car is being investigated next but I don’t have any update just yet. We also have to get the Switch version up to date first.

The car never was claimed to be a part of this patch, with the exception of some counselor interactions that the team tackled. I also think you might be alone in wondering what this latest patch does. I’d hardly call 1.36 “working in circles” but I would like to hear more on that.  I know patches in the past have been rocky, but are we talking historically or lately, because this comment doesn’t seem to apply to 1.36 in any way.

Seriously? Ok well the rainbow blood isn't a new bug. You can find threads on these forums talking about it back in 2018 or on different forums.

People getting stuck in cars glitch/bugs. You can find threads here from years ago talking about them and elsewhere. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1520386297697253903/

Counselors getting stuck in random places on the map in offline mode. Again not a new bug.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/121841-friday-the-13th-the-game/76113157

Throwing knife bug/glitch for Jason....again not a new bug. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.trueachievements.com/n35315/friday-the-13th-the-game-patch-fixes-collision-issues-and-floating-objects

That's a few examples of what I mean when I say "working" in circles. Oh and how is the roof glitch/bug doing this days...gone or back again?

@mattshotcha Will additional content be in the future? I know what you said, you won't do any further content, even when the lawsuit ends, but anyway, maybe you make at least a bit content?

40 minutes ago, JED said:

Seriously? Ok well the rainbow blood isn't a new bug. You can find threads on these forums talking about it back in 2018 or on different forums.

People getting stuck in cars glitch/bugs. You can find threads here from years ago talking about them and elsewhere. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1520386297697253903/

Counselors getting stuck in random places on the map in offline mode. Again not a new bug.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/121841-friday-the-13th-the-game/76113157

Throwing knife bug/glitch for Jason....again not a new bug. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.trueachievements.com/n35315/friday-the-13th-the-game-patch-fixes-collision-issues-and-floating-objects

That's a few examples of what I mean when I say "working" in circles. Oh and how is the roof glitch/bug doing this days...gone or back again?

And those are all in the list and will be investigated in the order of priority as we’ve said. It’s not working in circles because we didn’t claim to have them fixed for this patch, we explicitly said we were focusing our efforts from now on due to the need to weed through code.

Those issues also have nothing to do with Patch 1.36, which was more my point. You’re on a thread for patch 1.36 and those issues are not relevant. I understand the frustration at bugs popping back up or bugs that have been repeat offenders, but they aren’t relevant in this context. They weren’t introduced with this patch, and while they are on our list, they don’t make this patch “working in circles” or anything else.

Let’s be honest, you’re venting frustration, and that’s fine. But let’s keep it to a thread that is relevant to the frustration.

EDIT: Roof glitch is gone. If you’re going to sling snarky insults, at least try to keep up. I can’t help but feel like this thread is a lashing out over other unrelated issues you’ve had here in the forums and that’s not ok.

14 minutes ago, moseechev said:

@mattshotcha Will additional content be in the future? I know what you said, you won't do any further content, even when the lawsuit ends, but anyway, maybe you make at least a bit content?

No, unfortunately, development in that regard has been on hold for far too long to just resume.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

And those are all in the list and will be investigated in the order of priority as we’ve said. It’s not working in circles because we didn’t claim to have them fixed for this patch, we explicitly said we were focusing our efforts from now on due to the need to weed through code.

Those issues also have nothing to do with Patch 1.36, which was more my point. You’re on a thread for patch 1.36 and those issues are not relevant. I understand the frustration at bugs popping back up or bugs that have been repeat offenders, but they aren’t relevant in this context. They weren’t introduced with this patch, and while they are on our list, they don’t make this patch “working in circles” or anything else.

Let’s be honest, you’re venting frustration, and that’s fine. But let’s keep it to a thread that is relevant to the frustration.

No, unfortunately, development in that regard has been on hold for far too long to just resume.

Hehe hey I tried to just give reactions and keep my mouth shut on these forums but I'm afraid I will get banned for doing that now. So instead I made a comment then responded to your comment by showing you proof of people talking about these same bugs from two years ago. People are talking about bugs on this thread so I dont see why my comment isnt relevant or it's just me venting frustration. You say these bugs will eventually get fixed but why should anyone really believe that when anyone can Google the names of any of these bugs and find threads where people were talking about these same bugs back in 2017-2018.

40 minutes ago, JED said:

Hehe hey I tried to just give reactions and keep my mouth shut on these forums but I'm afraid I will get banned for doing that now. So instead I made a comment then responded to your comment by showing you proof of people talking about these same bugs from two years ago. People are talking about bugs on this thread so I dont see why my comment isnt relevant or it's just me venting frustration. You say these bugs will eventually get fixed but why should anyone really believe that when anyone can Google the names of any of these bugs and find threads where people were talking about these same bugs back in 2017-2018.

No, you tried to troll and spam and got called on it. Now you're derailing a thread.

And you don't have to believe me on the bugs either. You're free to think I'm absolutely full of sh.. if you like. But that doesn't change the fact that what you said had no bearing on the conversation here other than wanting to be negative. 

OH and PS for anyone reading this back and forth, not everything mentioned is guaranteed to be fixed. We have said we are keeping a priority list and going to tackle as much as possible. But, for example, Blood on Pinehurst may fall off the end of that list. I'm actually not promising fixes, I'm promising investigations. It's different, but some folks don't read what is written and instead interpret my replies in ways that feeds their narratives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Considering none of the bugs @Qlimax posted about was brought on by this latest patch, what are you talking about?

I mean, the patches do fix a lot of stuff. It's a game.. Glitches and all of that happens in a game. But that's alright

• Like 1

I get that people are gonna get pissy about bugs being in the game, but this is refreshing compared to the last game that I played. I played Jurassic World Alive for the last year and a half and those morons at Ludia have left game breaking bugs in the game since launch. They proudly announce how they're fixing like 325 bugs each patch and NONE of the game breaking bugs get touched. They only fix things that affect their income and just let matches get stolen from you with their shitty-ass programming. And they NEVER once had a dev communicate with the players because they said we're too toxic. So yeah, this is great for me to see this kind of communication over here and to see that the devs actually give a shit. I fully appreciate it. Keep up the good work. Everyone will always want things to be better, and that's understandable, but things could also be much worse. Trust me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

No, you tried to troll and spam and got called on it. Now you're derailing a thread.

And you don't have to believe me on the bugs either. You're free to think I'm absolutely full of sh.. if you like. But that doesn't change the fact that what you said had no bearing on the conversation here other than wanting to be negative. 

OH and PS for anyone reading this back and forth, not everything mentioned is guaranteed to be fixed. We have said we are keeping a priority list and going to tackle as much as possible. But, for example, Blood on Pinehurst may fall off the end of that list. I'm actually not promising fixes, I'm promising investigations. It's different, but some folks don't read what is written and instead interpret my replies in ways that feeds their narratives.

Well yeah I dont believe these bugs will get fixed because like I said and showed they have been around longer then you've been here. This thread has people discussing bugs so I dont see why or how I'm derailing the thread but whatever. I'm done commenting here.

Another option to add to the custom match settings would be to allow the option to remove the timer or extend the timer for 10-20 mins up to 40 mins. That way, it can be toggled to be removed as an advantage for counselor completely or at the very least, made harder.

Also having two boat spawns as a chance would be neat.

• Like 2

@mattshotcha many thanks to you and your team for providing this patch and for keep on going to provide further ones in the future. Really appreciate this.

The environmental kills now work quite fine, also Pinehurst glitches are gone.

But the offline bots could actually do a little bit more: on Packanack small some of them Just opened and closed several times the very same door?  Unless you haven’t inserted new content (= offline bots using weed and therefore act crazy 😁), this could be looked after. 

• Like 1