U_r_rexdale

Who is the most useless character in the game

My money is on Buggsy. He brings nothing to the table aside from good running skills and making Jason get rage faster.

Depends on who is playing the counselor in my opinion.  Every counselor has their purpose.  Buggzy can be useless and just beat on Jason, or he can be a terrific distraction while other characters get things repaired.  Just depends on who is playing them.

• Like 2

Chad. 

His biggest strength, luck, is completely pointless since the Rage update. 

The point of Chad is to distract, bait and smack Jason around.  Well with the Rage update you want to prolong the time it takes Jason to get to rage and then while he's in rage he can't be stunned.  Thus negating the entire point of Battle Chad and his ability to get 8 easy stuns from 1 baseball bat on Jason. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Chad. 

His biggest strength, luck, is completely pointless since the Rage update. 

The point of Chad is to distract, bait and smack Jason around.  Well with the Rage update you want to prolong the time it takes Jason to get to rage and then while he's in rage he can't be stunned.  Thus negating the entire point of Battle Chad and his ability to get 8 easy stuns from 1 baseball bat on Jason. 

Nah chad is still very good. I used to think he was useless till I’ll I started to use him more. He can still survive the night with his 10 speed. (Better if marathon is equipped). And you can make a lot of spam grab saves for the team with 10 luck. Also can repair fairly decent. His bat can get 5 stuns. 

to me the most useless counselor is shelly. He’s pathetic. He isn’t good at anything. 

• Haha 1

I made a Tierlist! I think LaChappa is the worst overall. Buggzy, Mitch, and Jenny are also pretty bad.

IMG_20200119_233458.jpg

• Thanks 1

I'd say Kenny. At first I thought he was well balanced with no weaknesses, but when you play him you realize he has no strengths. 

• Like 1

I have the same perk loadout on every single counselor except 2.

- Thick skin

- Medic

- Swift

Basically one of the universal loadouts. It works well for all of them. Its dependent on the Jason really. If they get suckered into tunneling faster counselors, then you can succeed with any counselor. If Jason tunnels the slower/repair counselors, its a time limit thing really since they can only defend themselves with a shottie or demasking in the final stages of the game. Solo dolo with those counselors only works if the Jason skill level is fairly new, since they don't have the speed advantage.

For Jenny, its the fear build. For AJ, I swap out Swift with 25 percent sneaky. It may seem like a waste perk, but on her, I feel its pretty useful for getting in and out windows much quicker and occasionally spamming hiding spots.

I usually roll random counselor because of the silly bug that occurs often anyway that changes them after match start and because I don't enjoy playing this game for easy wins/meta nonsense. Its no secret the meta of the game is lazy and proved how little the devs really hammered out the game in the end. When half or more of the Jason strengths/weaknesses are useless/not well thought out and the same for counselor...that's the end result.

15 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Nah chad is still very good. I used to think he was useless till I’ll I started to use him more. He can still survive the night with his 10 speed. (Better if marathon is equipped). And you can make a lot of spam grab saves for the team with 10 luck. Also can repair fairly decent. His bat can get 5 stuns. 

to me the most useless counselor is shelly. He’s pathetic. He isn’t good at anything. 

Chad has 8 speed. But yeah, he's still solid.

I'd have to say Shelly probably. He's stats aren't very good really. He's an okay utility counselor. But he's just overall pretty meh.

i have to disagree about shelly. hes not useless because he has the highest "laugh my ass off at shelly" stat. i played as him for about 4 days strait the other week & had a very high rate of escaping. i put both marathong & restless, thats 15% & 13%, as well as 20% think skin. i was all business, no screwing around, & id call the cops & escape a whole damn lot. he has strength & stealth & repair isnt too bad.. plus he is funny as hell to play as.. surely his best quality.

if i had to wing it without really thinking about it, id say vanessa is the most useless because almost everybody plays as her & almost nobody knows how to play as her (noobs heehee).. im only half kidding.. honestly i dont think anybody is all that bad.. maybe chad but he fires that car up like a champ..

17 hours ago, keepthebeat929 said:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I struggle to imagine what utility Victoria has.

She's a female Chad. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, keepthebeat929 said:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I struggle to imagine what utility Victoria has.

Same here. I hardly see anyone play her and when they do, whether I'm jason or not, I don't see them surviving very often. 

6 hours ago, MKetsui said:

Victoria is awful! 

1 hour ago, Uncle Gubsy said:

Same here. I hardly see anyone play her and when they do, whether I'm jason or not, I don't see them surviving very often. 

You guys are wrong. Victoria is a good counselor if you use her to her strengths. 7 stamina and 8 luck you can distract Jason and run him around. Also 3 repair ain’t bad. So you can go around and repair things to. just wish she looked better. They didn’t make her look very great. 

@thrawn3054 he actually has 9 speed I just looked lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

You guys are wrong. Victoria is a good counselor if you use her to her strengths. 7 stamina and 8 luck you can distract Jason and run him around. Also 3 repair ain’t bad. So you can go around and repair things to. just wish she looked better. They didn’t make her look very great. 

That’s fair, but I think that would apply to all of the counselors though. Except Kenny of course. To me, her high stats just don’t justify me playing her to win you know? She also has a high stealth, which I don’t completely understand. I’ll try playing as her and give her a shot if you think she could be good.

I actually like Victoria, she’s different, nobody selects her, she’s not that great at repair, she can run longer and harder than Deborah, I played A.J. who in my opinion is the best character for ages but after being maxed out on everything I just want to be a different character compared to the three main ones chosen.

oh and La Chappa is underrated, people were hating on him once and I convinced everyone to select him, both cars gone and cops called in 5 minutes, and the Jason was no newbie either

if I had to just pick one it would be a Kenny, hes missing his Walkman and the YMCA mix tape lol

Like many have said, it depends on play style. I don't play the same as Vanessa or Chad, as I do Deborah or even Adam. But for me, the most useless if Shelly and Jenny. I rarely use them. I either want super fast, or super smart. I main Vanessa or Deb. Once in awhile Chad.

Regardless of stats or if they are actually good or not, I think LaChappa is pretty bad. I have seen him survive the least when I play.

Here lies a question though, do bad players pick the worst characters? 

I never seem to come across LaChappa until the end of a match. But yes, if I find him early on in a match when I am Jason, I tunnel him until he is dead. Same with Deb or AJ too.

I'd have to say Shelly over the rest, with no disrespect meant for those who main him. Every time I've had to play him because of the random selection,  i usually last about 2 minutes. Every other counselor I've played lasted longer. Granted, my game play has to adjust to each counselor, but even so Shelly just doesn't work for me.  To each their own. Cheers, and game on, my friends 

On 1/19/2020 at 8:29 PM, gmintz09 said:

Depends on who is playing the counselor in my opinion.  Every counselor has their purpose.  Buggzy can be useless and just beat on Jason, or he can be a terrific distraction while other characters get things repaired.  Just depends on who is playing them.

I've seen good and bad representations of each counselor. I set my counselor to random, and play the hand I'm dealt.

The truly "useless" players are the ones that hide the entire match.

• Like 2

Shelly is easily the worst counselor in the game. No question about it. I main Deborah, Vanessa & Fox. And occasionally picking Victoria. And no, Victoria is not the worst. Low-Mid tier? Yes. Bottom tier? No.

Who I use really depends on 2-3 factors for me 

- The makeup the lobby overall. If it's full of Bugsys and Vanessas then I'll grab someone with a high repair stat to compensate for their uselessness in that regard. I also like to see as much variety in the counsellors as possible so I take a leftfield pick occasionally, just to make the experience more 'authentic'.

- My mood. I generally main Fox and Victoria, but I like to be a goof sometimes, and pick LaChappa or one of other oddballs. It's also entertaining to change up your style based on your counsellor and roleplay accordingly. I play LaChappa as a dorky borderline sex pest who makes lewd gestures to women and thinks he's God's gift (works best in his wrestling singlet) and Victoria as a snarky, self-preserving-at-any-cost bitch (right down to the perk that increases vehicle speed when escaping alone). When I'm Tommy I will throw myself into harm's way to prevent Jason from taking another player out. 

Haven't really noticed anyone being particularly bad, though I rarely last long as LaCreepa. 

I have gotten pretty good at repairing stuff with Victoria so I’m less dependent on other counselors than I used to be. 

So my least favorite counselor is LaChappa. His stamina is pathetic, so he’s pretty much useless while trying to kill/evade Jason.