Since we all new there’s no more new content for this game, I’ve always kind of had this idea and I wanted to see what other people’s opinions would be. If the lawsuit hadn’t happened, who thinks that a Freddy vs Jason game mode would be really cool? My idea on how it would go about would be two killers obviously, Freddy and Jason. The counselors have to try to get away from them both. The maps for this game mode would be a little bit bigger only because Freddy and Jason shouldn’t come across each other until towards the end. The person playing Jason and the person playing Freddy should both try to kill as many counselors as possible, and obviously they are trying to get a higher kill count than the other. Like the movie, they will get mad at each other for “stealing” a kill. And at one point in the match, there will be a final face off between the two of them. Now, similar to how counselors can either try to survive, escape, or take down Jason and kill him, for this game mode the counselors can try and do the same. The equivalent of defeating Jason for this game mode would be somehow managing to get Jason and Freddy to come across each other before all counselors are dead, and that way they will obviously fight each other and once one is defeated, then any counselors who are still alive have survived. And essentially the killer who defeated the other killer would be the one with the victory (? not sure how that would work. Maybe it could be that the match just ends for everybody and it would be like the ending of Freddy vs Jason, one is not truly defeated). 

I know if the lawsuit hadn’t happened they’d still need to get the license to use the character and all, but I just think that would be a really cool game mode. Maybe there could be a map from the movie as well, like the cornfield where that party was happening, or Elm Street.

This wouldve been a cool way to bring other horror villains into a game that’s focused strictly on one horror villain, which is Jason. This would’ve been a separate game mode because of the fact that this game is called Friday the 13th: The Game so obviously Jason is the main star of it. It wouldn’t be unfitting into the game though because FvJ is technically apart of the Friday the 13th franchise. 

• Like 1

I like it general. I think the idea of getting Freddy and Jason to interact early would be heavily exploited though. The counselors would just have to huddle together in a small area, unless you give the killers something more viable at range than a handful of throwing knives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keepthebeat929 said:

I like it general. I think the idea of getting Freddy and Jason to interact early would be heavily exploited though. The counselors would just have to huddle together in a small area, unless you give the killers something more viable at range than a handful of throwing knives.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Maybe it can be that teammates can’t see other teammates locations on the map, so it makes it more difficult and since the maps will be bigger than any current map, it would be very rare to have more than three counselors in one area (unless people use the walkie talkies to meet up with each other). There would probably be flaws in this idea but neverthless it’s cool to think about although it’ll never happen. Maybe someday a game will be made for this. Obviously it’d have to be made differently than the mechanics of Friday the 13th the game. If this was in the hands of a good developer it would be a cool game. 

i have had some thought on this idea myself and maybe have it so it is just jason at the start of the match and a player can find a certain item which will cause freddy to possess that person and thus bringing freddy to the real world which the player that finds the item gets to control freddy and then he can either go for jason or kill other counselors. maybe have the item spawn at like 3-4 mins in so freddy cant come too soon.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, shady said:

i have had some thought on this idea myself and maybe have it so it is just jason at the start of the match and a player can find a certain item which will cause freddy to possess that person and thus bringing freddy to the real world which the player that finds the item gets to control freddy and then he can either go for jason or kill other counselors. maybe have the item spawn at like 3-4 mins in so freddy cant come too soon.

That’s a good idea actually, since Freddy just shouldn’t spawn in the beginning because how is he getting into the real world? Maybe an item that makes the counselor go into a dream state and is possessed, and as a result Freddy is brought into the real world and that counselor who found the item dies and now is Freddy, or they die and a deceased counselor can come back as him. I think the one who found the item should get to be Freddy though, as you said. 

and of course if they do this they need to give us the jason from FvJ to and make him playable in the normal game mode too

5 minutes ago, shady said:

and of course if they do this they need to give us the jason from FvJ to and make him playable in the normal game mode too

Yeah, absolutely.

To play as Pamela Vorhees, who kills more stealth like, than sheer brutality. Perhaps let her hide in cabinets or behind doors with no alarming music, similar to Jason in stealth. If a councillor defeats her with 3 blows, she must then respawn to her Jeep. There should also be a way to fix Crazy Ralphs bike, so one person can escape. Also, instead of just Tommy Jarvis respawning, the player could also choose Creighton Duke, Rob Dier or the telepathic chick from Part 7, who’m all can kill Jason in a particular sequence similar to Jarvis? There are soooo many possibilities(more maps, characters and kills notwithstanding). With the right players involved, the sequel can easily be in the top 10 GOTY, and will make Cunningham and Miller a boatload of cash, instead of their lawyers for a change?

• Like 1

I hate to be that guy but I don't think we would have ever gotten any different game types then we have now.  Just more maps, a couple more Jason, a few more counselors and some emote/clothing packs to buy. 

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

I don't think we would have ever gotten any different game types then we have now. 

Paranoia mode seemed to be quite on its way, when everything got on hold.

It was but they were starting over on it because it was missing something in the replay value I believe. They said it just wasn’t fun enough. 

14 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Paranoia mode seemed to be quite on its way, when everything got on hold.

It was canned.  Wes said it wasn't fun.