Sign in to follow this  

So we came up with a pretty good alternative way to play the game,  borrowing some elements from the game Mafia.

You need 8 people and a private match. Everyone in game chat(so to not spoil the surprise)

(Optional-- everyone set to random.) 

Before the match, whoever volunteers to be Jason will private message a 'helper'--that person can:

Get the sweater and use it asap.

Hang on to the fuse and parts.

Tell Jason where everybody is.

Set traps behind unlocked doors.

Run people down with the car.

And kill counselors with a gun(especially if they gather in one place to get the mask off).

We've played a few matches of this, and it is FUN.  You really don't know who to trust.  It makes the game a lot more scary.

Hahaha exactly.  Except in this, the teamer is your friend, and you dont know who to trust.  At least in a private match you can kill the teamer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RaidCasto said:

We've played a few matches of this, and it is FUN.  You really don't know who to trust.  It makes the game a lot more scary.

This sounds really pretty much like the Jason teaming situation we are all facing in quickplay, but I like what you developped from it by adding a greater organized meaning to our mess.

What exactly are yr rules, when Jason and his teamer end up as the last ones standing? Is the hunt then again open for the teamer to survive? I guess he must have looted enough PK and sprays from the killed counselors by then...

Thanks for sharing, it’s an interesting idea if you have a good group of eight to play with. Although it would probably work with less, so just a good group.

4 hours ago, Wolledc said:

This sounds really pretty much like the Jason teaming situation we are all facing in quickplay, but I like what you developped from it by adding a greater organized meaning to our mess.

What exactly are yr rules, when Jason and his teamer end up as the last ones standing? Is the hunt then again open for the teamer to survive? I guess he must have looted enough PK and sprays from the killed counselors by then...

If theres no counselors left, team Jason wins.  

In Mafia, if there are equal or more Mafia than townspeople left, Mafia wins, because they would just vote out the remaining townspeople.  So Id say in this game, if more than 2 counselors escape, counselors win.  Or if they get the kill(two would have to survive at least, and Jason would be dead)

Bottom line:  3 counselors alive by the end, or 2 if they killed the teamer or Jason.

PS--getting the kill in this is not easy, we always play for the kill in public matches and have only gotten it once on this mode.

Assuming the helper didnt get the sweater, getting the sweater as a counselor will usually make the other players assume youre the helper.

And Jason can always kill the helper to try and be Tommy.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:06 PM, RaidCasto said:

Hahaha exactly.  Except in this, the teamer is your friend, and you dont know who to trust.  At least in a private match you can kill the teamer.

I suppose it would be pretty cool. Since this would be in a private match and team killing isn’t disabled, maybe in this game mode team killing is allowed, and since you don’t know who to trust, the moment you start to get suspicious you start killing one of your teammates since you don’t know who is the culprit (besides Jason of course).  Paranoia mode would fit this because you might find yourself shooting somebody you think is the bad one, and when they die, you find out it was actually one of your teammates. 

I don’t know if this is what you were aiming for, but this is something I thought would be a cool thing to include and would very much fit the theme of paranoia since you dont know who to trust, and could end up killing somebody who could possibly be your teammate and have no ill intent. 

It has happened.  I didnt have a walkie talkie, and the actual helper had framed me as the teamer.