FridayThe31st

Perks for Darkness & Dead Body Fear Resistance

I have nerves of steel & preparedness on Jenny Myers, but I’m wondering if I have those two, which are I believe uncommon perks, and either the 55% Darkness Fear Resistance perk (Nightowl) or the Ice Cold 30-something% dead body fear resistance perk on her, would that do well for fear resistance? How does that work with overall fear resistance and dead body/darkness fear resistance?

On 1/15/2020 at 5:26 PM, FridayThe31st said:

I have nerves of steel & preparedness on Jenny Myers, but I’m wondering if I have those two, which are I believe uncommon perks, and either the 55% Darkness Fear Resistance perk (Nightowl) or the Ice Cold 30-something% dead body fear resistance perk on her, would that do well for fear resistance? How does that work with overall fear resistance and dead body/darkness fear resistance?

No fear Jenny= 10% preparedness, 10% nerves of steel, and whatever other perk you choose to run. Smart people run 17+% thick skin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

No fear Jenny= 10% preparedness, 10% nerves of steel, and whatever other perk you choose to run. Smart people run 17+% thick skin.

I had both preparedness and nerves of steel on Jenny, and I think one of them was 13% fear resistance while the other was somewhere around 7%. I can’t say for sure but when I next get on the game I’ll include the percentages in here. Both the perks are rare ones though since all the perks I have are mostly either rare or legendary, the few that arent are uncommon.  Because of this I rarely can roll new perks because I have good ones that I don’t want to sell. I really want an uncommon sucker punch perk at the very least and it always seems to roll right past that perk. The closest I’ve been to it was a very bad sucker punch one that probably did nothing the  time I  had it on my counselors, so I sold it.

Anyway, I had both preparedness and nerves of steel on Jenny and she still seemed to get scared, like Chad face scared.  

in addition to the map perk & n.o.s., i use the night owl, or even perhaps the lone wolf on jenny. but somethin cool is right, youre better off with thick skin instead. i have that perk on everybody.

the main thing about using a no fear jenny, for me anyways, is to stay the hell away from everybody. you dont want to see any dead bodies, & you sure as hell dont wanna see jason. the longer you go without seeing jason, the longer her fear stays down... i guess... honestly, ive never had that less fear shit work for me very well.. 

15 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

in addition to the map perk & n.o.s., i use the night owl, or even perhaps the lone wolf on jenny. but somethin cool is right, youre better off with thick skin instead. i have that perk on everybody.

the main thing about using a no fear jenny, for me anyways, is to stay the hell away from everybody. you dont want to see any dead bodies, & you sure as hell dont wanna see jason. the longer you go without seeing jason, the longer her fear stays down... i guess... honestly, ive never had that less fear shit work for me very well.. 

Thanks for the input. I also  have thick skin on every counselor, without thick skin you’re crippled so quickly.

I had been looking for the lone wolf perk, I thought I had it but I must’ve sold it because it was a low quality one. 

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yea, this is really the only build since Jason combos will to cripple any counselor w/o ThickSkin.

3 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I had both preparedness and nerves of steel on Jenny, and I think one of them was 13% fear resistance while the other was somewhere around 7%. I can’t say for sure but when I next get on the game I’ll include the percentages in here. Both the perks are rare ones though since all the perks I have are mostly either rare or legendary, the few that arent are uncommon.  Because of this I rarely can roll new perks because I have good ones that I don’t want to sell. I really want an uncommon sucker punch perk at the very least and it always seems to roll right past that perk. The closest I’ve been to it was a very bad sucker punch one that probably did nothing the  time I  had it on my counselors, so I sold it.

Anyway, I had both preparedness and nerves of steel on Jenny and she still seemed to get scared, like Chad face scared.  

10% fear resistance is the max for both Perks.  If she is falling into fear, then your perks aren't good enough.  I've ran an 19% sum of the two perks and Jenny won't go into deep fear (loss of mini-map + Items slots) if you don't have the 20% yet, but she does fall enough to have some negative effects to her stamina regen.

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

No point running any other perks for fear resistance, she is already immune with NoS + Preparedness.  Why would you want to stay away from Jason w/ NF Jenny?  Isn't that the whole point of her?  She isn't frightened at all by Jason, so it doesn't matter managing her fear level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

No point running any other perks for fear resistance, she is already immune with NoS + Preparedness.  Why would you want to stay away from Jason w/ NF Jenny?  Isn't that the whole point of her?  She isn't frightened at all by Jason, so it doesn't matter managing her fear level. 

i thought that the less fear you have, the less likely it is for jason to spot you with sense. my angle on that was basicly a survive the night jenny, where you stay off jason's radar as long as you can, keeping your fear down low.. like i said, ive never been much of a no fear jenny because it never works out for me, but maybe now i know why.. cuz im doin it wrong! haha sorry for the misleading info, i was just sharing the way i used my jenny.. i subjested night owl because seems more often youre in the dark than seeing dead bodies.. thanks for your much better advice, genei ! i'll stick to loud walkin fox 😂

5 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i thought that the less fear you have, the less likely it is for jason to spot you with sense. my angle on that was basicly a survive the night jenny, where you stay off jason's radar as long as you can, keeping your fear down low.. like i said, ive never been much of a no fear jenny because it never works out for me, but maybe now i know why.. cuz im doin it wrong! haha sorry for the misleading info, i was just sharing the way i used my jenny.. i subjested night owl because seems more often youre in the dark than seeing dead bodies.. thanks for your much better advice, genei ! i'll stick to loud walkin fox 😂

The way sense works is if you are within it's radius, your counselor will glow red (w/ the exception of when sense avoidance perks trigger).  However, if you fall into deep fear, you will continue to glow red to Jason (example: Jason morphs away and still sees chad across the map). Because NF Jenny never enters that stage, she will only glow red within that radius. 

NF Jenny is really a combat build.  Because the fear mechanic is meant to undermined counselors, Jenny being immune too it makes her the most consistent counselor around Jason.  You can be the best Vanessa in the world and still die to a mediocre Jason by an ill-fated stumble.  Stamina regen not effected by Jason's presents relieves her from the pressure of constantly needing to hit Jason for stamina, allow you to play more unpredictable of when you actually go in for an attack.   You can actually be stamina Positive if you bait Jason into a missed grab or swing and rest while Jason recovers from the animation 😂.

She isn't perfect though, of course.  She still is slow and the mandatory perks for the NF build limits her perk combinations (no ThickSkin+ Medic shenanigans).  Swift Attacker is likely omitted in favor of ThickedSkin or Medic.  Also if you are trying to make an optimal team composition, it's likely better to comprised of Vanessas (Demask, sweater, defender, ferry parts), Deb (fix), and Fox(Demask, Repair).  Jenny doesn't specialize in any particular task other than being an defender, and Chad is overall a better defender since his speed isn't a liability like Jenny's.  However, as a solo quick play player or one that rather be on his/her own than having backup for safety, NF Jenny is a very strong choice if you are self-reliant

• Thanks 1

@GeneiJin

thank you for all the helpful information. very well writen. i am TRYING to try out this build at this very moment, but jason has left two games in a row within the first 10 seconds..

so what do you think of adding lone wolf instead of thick skin? is that pointless?

Just now, glowing ooze said:

@GeneiJin

thank you for all the helpful information. very well writen.

LOL.. Thanks???  First time someone accuses me of having something "well written"  (I am the Grammatical Error King 😫).

2 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

so what do you think of adding lone wolf instead of thick skin? is that pointless?

Don't do that, it is pointless.  You will get ZERO benefit from that wasted perk slot.  IMO, the only perks you should consider for that remaining slot are ThickSkin, Medic, or Swift Attacker... with ThickSkin by far what I strongly recommend.  You might not see it's worth in a typical QP lobby, but once you get paired with a tournament-caliber Jason, having an extra hit before cripple is vital for surviving.

46 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

LOL.. Thanks???  First time someone accuses me of having something "well written"  (I am the Grammatical Error King 😫).

Don't do that, it is pointless.  You will get ZERO benefit from that wasted perk slot.  IMO, the only perks you should consider for that remaining slot are ThickSkin, Medic, or Swift Attacker... with ThickSkin by far what I strongly recommend.  You might not see it's worth in a typical QP lobby, but once you get paired with a tournament-caliber Jason, having an extra hit before cripple is vital for surviving.

im in a good mood & a pat on the back for spewing out great info is just what you need.

im trying all this out & im not doin too good yet. i have been defending objectives successfully but dying in the process. thats my own fault though. fixing things isnt too bad either, and she starts the car up ok.

im using 10% n.o.s. & 9% map, both with 0% negitives. also thick skin so she can take a beating.

what about jenny's flashlight? does she even need it? is she so fearless that her courage cuts thru the dark?

19 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

im in a good mood & a pat on the back for spewing out great info is just what you need.

im trying all this out & im not doin too good yet. i have been defending objectives successfully but dying in the process. thats my own fault though. fixing things isnt too bad either, and she starts the car up ok.

im using 10% n.o.s. & 9% map, both with 0% negitives. also thick skin so she can take a beating.

what about jenny's flashlight? does she even need it? is she so fearless that her courage cuts thru the dark?

Flashlight? Not really but it might matter a tiny bit if its not true No Fear, which needs to be the full 20% to be True No Fear.  I've said before that I've done 19% for a long time, and it's still really strong, since you won't go into full deep fear.  You got the right idea by having Thick Skin.

She really goes as far as you are skilled at this game.  She gives you stability, doesn't make you magically a better fighter.  What is nice about her is you never need to blame the game's innate randomness (that aren't glitches anyhow :P).  Sure you might have gotten shift-grabbed when someone like Vanessa might have avoided it w/ her speed, but you can say to yourself if there was anything you could have done better to avoid it.  I rather live with that than I gotten killed because I tripped while trying to bait a Jason into something :angry:.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

Jenny has 8 luck. She can start the car on a stun.

No she really doesn't need the flashlight since she has zero fear.

• Thanks 1

I agree with GeneiJin, I use 10% of NOS and 10% of preparedness and his face is impassive with Jason, moreover his endurance recharges very quickly. Its slowness is not a problem for me. She is my favorite with A.J

11 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

10% fear resistance is the max for both Perks.  If she is falling into fear, then your perks aren't good enough.  I've ran an 19% sum of the two perks and Jenny won't go into deep fear (loss of mini-map + Items slots) if you don't have the 20% yet, but she does fall enough to have some negative effects to her stamina regen.

I did not know that, thanks for telling me that. Since they aren’t working to keep her without fear I guess they must be under 10%. Thanks.