+dex

Friday the 13th the Game 2

7 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Get rid of the unnecessary perks and keep the important ones in.

I'd say rework the perks, rather than remove them. Add a a couple new ones.

• Like 4

On 1/15/2020 at 4:07 PM, tyrant666 said:

If another game ever gets made. I think there is a good chance they (whomever the devs are) will drop the asymmetrical approach and just go with a traditional approach of a campaign for counselor and a campaign for Jason (similar to the challenges now).

Its clear with these kinds of asymmetrical affairs that there will always be a clash between the types of people who prefer a healthy 'balance' between the solo side and the side the players play more of and the side of those who believe the solo side should be far and away stronger, regardless of a casual or competitive mindset. You see it with this game, you saw it with Evolve, you see it in Dead By Daylight, you'll see it in Resident Evil Project Resistance, etc.

So it wouldn't surprise me if that aspect is dropped in another game down the line.

i like game as it is, its not DBD nor RE;PR. yet it just need a rework and less lawsuits

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You mean like what Wes came on the forum and told everyone that they were going to do?

Still don't understand why that went away. He asked for the community's feedback for this project well after the lawsuit had halted everything and they made their stance clear about content and such.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:16 AM, gtdjlocker311 said:

What is annoying is when you get killed by a group of counselors for really no greater reason than that the mechanics kinda suck and you get locked into situations where you really have no way to fight back.

This is one of the most annoying things for me. Jason is extremely weak when 3+ counselors gang up on him, do you have some ideas for changing or making it harder to kill Jason? When they gang up on Jason unless they are potatoes you are just dead there is no way to go about it.

1 hour ago, +dex said:

This is one of the most annoying things for me. Jason is extremely weak when 3+ counselors gang up on him, do you have some ideas for changing or making it harder to kill Jason? When they gang up on Jason unless they are potatoes you are just dead there is no way to go about it.

Yes I threw a knife at the car, but this “kill squad” wasn’t getting the kill or escaping. Gives you an idea how to handle a 3 on 1 though. 

I only knife a car when someone is mowing down others or just talking excessive crap. Stopping the car with a well time morph and shift is more enjoyable, but when there’s someone wanting to troll or just be a jackass, I take the car option off the table. 

14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Yea they could do that to but there's some pointless ones we don't really need like the Easy Listening, Potent Ranger, Friendship and some others as well. I just feel that we got too many perks in this game when we really need only like about 20 or 15 of them, right now we got about 45. Sorry for the long write up just thought to show you some things and see if you agree. 

Perks that should be removed

Heavy Sleeper - Perk becomes pointless when Jason is in rage, so that's a waste of perk slot.

Hypochondriac - The same thing as Medic, only difference is you start with one medic spray and - cop time. So get rid of this and just keep medic

Easy Listening - What's the point of this perk when Jason can just destroy the radio anyways. 

Potent Ranger - Tommy is 10/10, makes this perk pointless.

Psychic - There's walkies all over the place. They could always just have you start you off with a walkie and disable group chat, so if ppl wanna team up you will now know there's teamers in the game.

Preparedness - There's maps all over the place. 

Grinder - Another pointless perk let's just say that. 

Friendship - just rework this with the teamwork perk or just remove both

Slugger - There's bats and other weapons in all cabins and once your bat breaks the perk is pointless if you can't find another bat. 

Restful - this can just be reworked with Marathon, the positive and negative effects seem Identical. 

Control Breathing - You ain't control breathing once rage hits, so pointless perk right here 

The one that they should definitely keep are:

Medic, Marathon, Sucker Punch, Thick Skin, My Dad's a cop, Swift Attacker, Sucker Punch, Low Profile, Nerves of Steel

The rest just rework or remove it if not needed

Let me know what you think about what I wrote

Hey, don't be taking away my Preparedness. I like being able to see where I am and where everyone else and everything is right off the bat. And it's super annoying if you don't have it and happen to find a part before a map.

6 minutes ago, keepthebeat929 said:

Hey, don't be taking away my Preparedness. I like being able to see where I am and where everyone else and everything is right off the bat. And it's super annoying if you don't have it happen to find a part before a map.

Yea true, it can be annoying to try to find one if you don't have one while playing. why not just have the game just give you one at the start.  

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Easy Listening - What's the point of this perk when Jason can just destroy the radio anyways. 

This must definitely be one of the perks that nobody is using at any time. How many radios are there anyway on the maps: 1-2? 

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I used to equip my counselors with this one for quite some time, but after learning where all the map stands were on the maps made it quite useless  (for me).

In a nutshell, so unnecessary some of the perks may seem for some of us right now, for newer players (level 1-5), the „preparedness perk“ for example will be quite helpful at the start to get orientation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

This must definitely be one of the perks that nobody is using at any time. How many radios are there anyway on the maps: 1-2? 

yea just about lol, I bet nobody ever uses Potent Ranger or most of them I have listed except for Preparedness and maybe Restful since I've used it a couple of times before. When I run marathon, it seems like restful is not needed anymore.

12 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

I used to equip my counselors with this one for quite some time, but after learning where all the map stands were on the maps made it quite useless  (for me).

In a nutshell, so unnecessary some of the perks may seem for some of us right now, for newer players (level 1-5), the „preparedness perk“ for example will be quite helpful at the start to get orientation.

If I had to keep one that I listed then I would pick preparedness but if they remove it I wouldn't mind. 

4 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

No Fear Jenny mains would like to have a word with you.

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

No Fear Jenny mains would like to have a word with you.

I main Jenny and never needed the perk, I just use Nerves of Steel, Marathon and Sucker Punch. I usually find a map at the stands or in a drawer at the start of the game. I guess some ppl have a different way of playing so it's all good. If alot of ppl use preparedness why not keep it in then

13 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You mean like what Wes came on the forum and told everyone that they were going to do?

Still don't understand why that went away. He asked for the community's feedback for this project well after the lawsuit had halted everything and they made their stance clear about content and such.

I often wondered about this as well. It would have nice to have gotten a much needed rework, to add a bit more spice to the game.

If we ever got another game like this, I'd like to believe some kind of perk system could be implemented that the players would come to enjoy more than this one. We'll have to wait and see if a future project rectifies this.

2 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I main Jenny and never needed the perk, I just use Nerves of Steel, Marathon and Sucker Punch. I usually find a map at the stands or in a drawer at the start of the game. I guess some ppl have a different way of playing so it's all good. If alot of ppl use preparedness why not keep it in then

As everyone doesn't play the exact same way, there's nothing wrong with leaving the perks in, even if they aren't widely used. For the handful of people that may find use of certain perks, others may just choose not to use them at all. Use what you enjoy, and forget about the rest.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Sucker Punch still after the rage update months ago? Meh

36 minutes ago, Armani? said:

Sucker Punch still after the rage update months ago? Meh

oh I haven't been playing since the rage update so I wouldn't know if it's still useful, I been playing offline bots mostly. 

Edit: I actually checked my perks for Jenny I have swift Attacker not sucker punch, don't know if it's still useful after rage update

* Progressive perk system for counselors and full jason customisation of strengths and weaknesses. 

*More ways to escape

* remove shift ability,

Ability power gained and durations increase with certain tasks within the game e.g kill the power and for variety of kills - reward the player in game. 

*sense is reduced to cabin detection only - instead make it an ability thats more a combination with stalk. 

more ability to hide outdoors due to reduced sense ability. 

*jason can detect any counselor blood trails until counselor heals. 

Counselor med kits reduced

Torchs need to be found and light toggled to recharge battery. 

* final player left bonus system to help evade jason. 

2 hours ago, kohagan said:

Counselor med kits reduced

Double XP for Jason, for each time Jason has to watch a counselor using a med spray 😉