+dex

Friday the 13th the Game 2

I caught myself last couple of days thinking, if a F13 the game was ever to get a sequal or a Remake/Remaster what would it be like?

So I figured what better place to ask this question than a forum full of people who stuck around with this game through the tough times.

My question for you guys is if the game was going to get a part 2/remaster. How would you go about it? Change gameplay, add/remove stuff, add new mechanics. Whatever comes to mind, basically what is your vision this game could of been.

Better Graphics.

Larger game with Story campaign mode

Daytime exploration with Counselor training center where you can practice driving the car.

Open the game to professional mods.

Make the game Huge with lots of interactions with characters.

Cars and Vehicles from the original films.

Pamela Voorhees as a Killer.

Learn skills and level up to better fighting against Jason.

Add caves, Crystal lake Diner and The small Grocery store in Friday the 13th part 3 in story campaign mode.

Add a personalized cabin for each counselor with places to hang each Jason mask that you demask Jason.

Add more characters from the films and locations.

Take away Jasons time limit in story campaign mode.

Add more old camp grounds.

Add different difficulty game modes .

45 minutes ago, +dex said:

I caught myself last couple of days thinking, if a F13 the game was ever to get a sequal or a Remake/Remaster what would it be like?

So I figured what better place to ask this question than a forum full of people who stuck around with this game through the tough times.

My question for you guys is if the game was going to get a part 2/remaster. How would you go about it? Change gameplay, add/remove stuff, add new mechanics. Whatever comes to mind, basically what is your vision this game could of been.

I'd like to think if we could have gotten a sequel, a great many things could have been added/changed.

New counselors would have been a given, and perhaps a new hero or two. New maps that we didn't get the first time, and perhaps even a new game mode or two. It's too  bad we couldn't get such nice things. One day, I know someone will try a game like this again, perhaps once the lawsuit is sorted out down the road. In the meantime, one can dream.

• Thanks 1

I couldn’t think of any way to approve on the current game aside from more content and bug fixes. Maybe an offline counselor mode against a bot Jason. We were so close to having the definitive F13 game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

One day, I know someone will try a game like this again, perhaps once the lawsuit is sorted out down the road.

I just hope it's not too far off in the distant future so those of us older folks will have a chance to enjoy it.

Maybe a 4 vs 4 Counselor only mode. Same car/boat/phone objectives, no Jason, first team to get out first.

The first obvious problem being, why wouldn't you just run everyone over with the car?

Something you'd have to iron the wrinkles out of, but it's something to kick around.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I just hope it's not too far off in the distant future so those of us older folks will have a chance to enjoy it.

I know what you mean. In the event that I can't play it, my children and their children will. Gaming is a family affair.

• Like 1

For Jason- Infinite stalk, Pretty heavy nerfed shift, buff morph (to compensate for a nerfed shift). a more badass and destructive Jason. He can throw furniture, counselors, break furniture, buff combat, deals more damage, a lot of mask hp. 

for counselors- buff stealth. Make being able to play hide and seek more of a thing

overall more focus on surviving the time limit, defeating an OP Jason in multiple ways (Part 3, current, and part 6 jason defeats to match the movies), a lot of scary jump scares in stalk mode, and boat escapes. No car escapes due to nerfed shift. New counselors like Megan Garris, Trish Jarvis, Julius, etc.... New Jason’s like Jason x, 2009 remake, FvJ Jason. Multiple clothing packs, kill packs, Etc. For Jason to be able to pick up weapons on the map. Jason to have special weapons with a one time use. (Spear gun 1 shot 1 kill) Single player campaign story mode. Pamela as a playable killer online. And online free for all mode for counselors only. 

oh and most importantly, for gun media to not be apart of it :)

• Haha 2

I've said it before, but I would like to see Part 9 Jason possess counselor bodies as one of his weapon kills.

• Like 3

Design your own counselors. 

Design your own maps for others to play on (like Super Mario Maker) - I live on a farm and would love to be able to recreate it in game. 😭

• Like 2

If another game ever gets made. I think there is a good chance they (whomever the devs are) will drop the asymmetrical approach and just go with a traditional approach of a campaign for counselor and a campaign for Jason (similar to the challenges now).

Its clear with these kinds of asymmetrical affairs that there will always be a clash between the types of people who prefer a healthy 'balance' between the solo side and the side the players play more of and the side of those who believe the solo side should be far and away stronger, regardless of a casual or competitive mindset. You see it with this game, you saw it with Evolve, you see it in Dead By Daylight, you'll see it in Resident Evil Project Resistance, etc.

So it wouldn't surprise me if that aspect is dropped in another game down the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bring all the playable counselors from the first game and add more counselors to the selection!  its wasteful to cut characters (that really hurt DOA6 reception), and all the maps should return as well.  cut content is taking leaps backwards and divides the communities.   in order for the sequel to be definitive, it has to have everything the original has and more. 

the gameplay should stay true to the original, with more polish.   they should be careful with new graphics engine though because to me the way the characters and enviornment looks is so amazing, even skin textures in certain lighting look photorealistic and more natural than some of the AAA games out there.   redoing the character models can be tricky cause in Dead or Alive, DOA6 models dont look as great and natural like the DOA5 models, so starting over from scratch might not be good if they are not going to look as appealing as the originals.  yea the original models/skins are not flawless, but they are not terrible either.  if they remake/update the counselors they gotta do it so that everyone can agree the new models/textures/skins look undeniably better than the previous versions.   also all costumes from the original should be included too. 

of course there can be improvements, but maintain character design quality and beauty and appeal while raising the bar further so everyone looks great, attractive.don't steer into uglyville like some other developers are doing with character models/faces/designs.  

offline mode with all playable counselors, 6 a.i. counselors, and 1 a.i. Jason.  

first person mode toggle (with visual full body.  learn from how Conan Exiles does it.)

mirrors with realistic reflections

make sure to have all the licensing.  didnt read about the lawsuit but I think the devs now know everyone to contact to make sure no red lines are crossed? 

yea basically build up, dont take down their hard work.    Expand, polish, improve. add a means to enjoy the game as any counselor offline too.  Don't cut content. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 7:07 AM, tyrant666 said:

If another game ever gets made. I think there is a good chance they (whomever the devs are) will drop the asymmetrical approach and just go with a traditional approach of a campaign for counselor and a campaign for Jason (similar to the challenges now).

Its clear with these kinds of asymmetrical affairs that there will always be a clash between the types of people who prefer a healthy 'balance' between the solo side and the side the players play more of and the side of those who believe the solo side should be far and away stronger, regardless of a casual or competitive mindset. You see it with this game, you saw it with Evolve, you see it in Dead By Daylight, you'll see it in Resident Evil Project Resistance, etc.

So it wouldn't surprise me if that aspect is dropped in another game down the line.

This is why I think Asymmetrical horror is going down hill. The constant balance changes will just keep creating an ongoing chain reaction of divisive consumers and at the end day you're just playing hot potato with the game while wasting it's potential. Not to mention too much time investing in anime costumes or cartoony looking characters just to appease a fan base. All this combined, makes it truly difficult for the games to break out as a true horror.

I've watched some of the gameplay of Last Year: After Dark from Laphin's stream where he was a killer and multiple times he encountered other players that were nothing other than premeditated attackers. That alone told me enough. The game just looks like a mature version of scooby doo to me anyways.

Imagine if DBD was out in the 90s and later on F13th was being developed, then got released in its final form. I can almost guarantee DBD probably would've been dominated in terms of players and sales. Maybe even prosper years after that. Too bad today, it's that corporate side of gaming that just had to ruin it. Awhile back, there was a couple of good reasons why I called F13 the WCW of Asymmetrical horror(if you're familiar with the history about the monday wrestling wars, you'll know what I mean.) 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I've said it before, but I would like to see Part 9 Jason possess counselor bodies as one of his weapon kills.

That could have been our Paranoia mode.

17 hours ago, emchapps said:

Design your own counselors. 

Design your own maps for others to play on (like Super Mario Maker) - I live on a farm and would love to be able to recreate it in game. 😭

Custom maps would have been fun. Jason chasing you with a pitchfork through a cornfield would have been priceless.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I think asymmetrical can work, if the right minds are behind it. Someday, someone will will hopefully put out a product that is well received from day one as it is five or six years later.

I agree balance will always be an issue with any game. Sometimes the issue is equal parts the learning curve of the player and the actual balance in the game itself. Hopefully the next big asymmetrical game on the market improves on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The balance was actually pretty great when the game first came out.  Jason had a (fairly cheap, I admit) suction grab which made counselors rightly very afraid to be near him.  Jason was very rarely killed, but escaping via objectives was definitely possible.  During these early days, I would tend to get 5-7 kills as Jason consistently and escape probably 1 out of every 4-5 tries.  This seems like a pretty fair balance to me.

The reason this game got so damn unbalanced is because:

a -- people started gaming the system and essentially only used meta perks (Thick Skin was especially powerful early on; glad it got nerfed)

b -- the developers started listening to players who thought that counselors ought to be just as deadly as Jason.  

I guess it's because I'm not a typical online player, and I play games to -- get this -- HAVE FUN, but I never minded getting killed as a counselor because at least I got to see a cool kill animation.  That's the reason I bought the game.  I also didn't get too upset when I was Jason and counselors escaped, because I recognized and appreciated the skill, patience, and strategy used by those players.

What is annoying is when you get killed by a group of counselors for really no greater reason than that the mechanics kinda suck and you get locked into situations where you really have no way to fight back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ability edit your counselor's hair styles would probably be a neat. Also different hair colors to choose from. 

The sequel would feature the additional maps like Uber, possibly Manhattan etc.

Offline Bot mode where you can play as counselor, not Jason. Would require a lot of work to have a computer Jason.

New counselor/heroes - Reggie, KM etc

A snow/winter map would be cool. Especially with a winter clothing packs.

Twice as many maps

There's only 7 right now but a Map and a Small Map from every movie would be really cool, 24 maps. 

And the killing Jason options are harder if the Jason plays on their Map.

Way more kills for Jason and easier execution better lighting for Kills universally. Jason doesn't just bring a Camera crew he brings a Lighting crew.

Instead of having more Counselors there's an edit-a-counselor option and more Dialogue like "I found the Keys!" or the main counselors have unique dialogue when meeting others.

Leaderboards and more Stats are Traced on another website instead of just in game.

I would also like it if there was an enclosed Area that you can Access as a Counselor that Jason can only access after killing all the other Counselors in the Camp.

Counselors can sitdown on chairs, hug the walls, go prone but Jason can instantly kill them if he finds them in these positions.

Maybe Jason has a Second remixed theme when the Mask falls off and Stun music to Transition it more smoothly. Like Part 6 in the soundtrack has an ok Theme but there's also another Part 6 Theme that's more intense.

Make the game Single Player and Multiplayer, Imo, making this game online only was a mistake hence the client server problem. (Skip the crowdfunding and give it to a developer that's willing to give it some love and care and will spend as much time on it as possible atleast for a few years.)   

Get rid of the unnecessary perks and keep the important ones in. 

Small version maps of Jarvis and Pinehurst

Bring back Offline Bots with the ability to change counselor clothing and perks and the map set up when choosing a certain map

Add in a sandbox mode - Venture a map as a counselor and practice on stuff like repairing a car or calling the cops. Also have some nearby dead counselors nearby just for the looks as well. 

New Maps - Jason Takes Manhattan - half cruise ship and half small area in NY. The Grendal from Jason X

Jason

- While in rage mode: he should have some throw around kills, throw someone off a balcony or throw someone into a coat hanger or something like that.

- Jason should be able to move furniture for those counselors that like to play ring around the rosie, I mean like in the movies,  any Jason that has a table in front of him would be RIP for sure lol. 

- Have more kills and like in the Single Player Challenges, put the special kills online and bots. I would love to see a trim saw kill from part 7 and the toxic waste kill from Part 8. 

- New Jasons -  Jason X and the remake. 

Counselor 

- Keep their stats nice and balanced which I think they did good with this in the first game. Some readjustments would be good. 

- New counselors would be good, with the ones that we have now. 

For both Jason and Counselor - Make everything balance as possible, make the game fun for both sides. Yes Jason was unstoppable killer in the movies but still got his butt handed to him. I do agree with most ppl that he shouldn't be a human pinata, but putting in some rage buff just isn't the way to fix the problem, especially with some of the bugs and glitches we got now. 

There's also some good ideas from other ppl in here as well. This is all I can think of for now.  

The game was fine overall for the first 6-9months. (minus the bugs)   Basically mirror the first 1-2 patches but fix the glitches and add a campaign story incorporating each of the movies. 

Their  biggest problem was they were fixing things that weren't broke.  And the things that truly were broke, they never fixed them. reminds of classic modern corporate America.  Just shooting yourself in the foot unfortunately. 

• Like 1

You’re absolutely spot on!!! There was a time when the game chugged along quite smoothly, with a few minor glitches however, they weren’t detrimental to the overall gameplay. When the new patch came out, I also asked WTF? 

36 minutes ago, mc_bain76 said:

You’re absolutely spot on!!! There was a time when the game chugged along smoothly, with a few minor glitches however, they weren’t detrimental to the overall gameplay. When the new patch came out, I also asked WTF? 

The first time I saw Jason lunging like  a 90 year old woman in slow motion at the air and missing the counselor by a foot, thats when I said, "Yep the Peak/prime of this game is now over"   It hasn't been right since.  Sad really .   Too many people today want to justify their jobs and try to "reinvent in the wheel" so to speak, when the wheel just needs a little greasing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1