Jump to content
Jason Todd Voorhees

Starwars Rise of the Skywalker (Rant)

Recommended Posts

I dont know what kind of drugs J.J Abrams was on when directing and filming this movie but GOD DAMN was it just full of inconsistencies, horrible retcons, illogical asspulls, and bad writing.....

The fact the own ACTORS themselves even facially revealed how they felt should say alot....I get it they did REFERENCES from the old and added to the current but this is not how you do it! Why would you bring back a VERY old threat? Why?! WHAT POINT IS THAT?

Spoilers.....

Rey is a Palpatine!

SOOOOOOO WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!? I could do a WHOLE page of confusing rants....but its not worth it.....the film is 5/10 stars for me.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 5:06 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I dont know what kind of drugs J.J Abrams was on when directing and filming this movie but GOD DAMN was it just full of inconsistencies, horrible retcons, illogical asspulls, and bad writing.....

The fact the own ACTORS themselves even facially revealed how they felt should say alot....I get it they did REFERENCES from the old and added to the current but this is not how you do it! Why would you bring back a VERY old threat? Why?! WHAT POINT IS THAT?

Spoilers.....

  Reveal hidden contents

Rey is a Palpatine!

 

SOOOOOOO WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL!? I could do a WHOLE page of confusing rants....but its not worth it.....the film is 5/10 stars for me.....

I absolutely Hate the new sequel trilogy.....There was an opportunity to make such an epic trilogy bringing back all of the original cast and focusing on Han and Leia’s twin children Training to become Jedi in Luke’s new Jedi order and Admiral Thrawn attempting to restore The Empire to its former Glory with the Help of Darkside user Mara Jade like the Novels did.....or Even used Darth Plagueis as the main Threat.....Revenge of the Sith practically set us up for his return during the Conversation with Anakin about the Wise Darth Plagueis skills with the Darkside.

.....But instead Disney Star Wars decided to shit all over the characters, the way The Force works and the fan base with these 3 films

we get Zombie Palpatine, uninteresting main characters, new characters introduced doing things in the story that old original characters should have....a lame villain and rehashed plots that already had pay offs in the original trilogy.....

They made so many mistakes with these sequels....not one cohesive storyline,  it was as if no one outlined where the story was going to go for the new Trilogy and they went in with a “Winged it “ attitude for each film.

Bringing back Emperor Palpatine was just another mistake attempting to draw back in the older fans after the abomination that was the choices made in The Last Jedi .....thinking it Was what the fans wanted on a very long list of mistakes and missed opportunities in these movies.

As far as I am concerned there are only 7 Star Wars movies, 2 animated shows and 1 live action show.

I,II, III, Rogue One, IV, V, VI  movies

 clone wars, rebels and Mandalorian for shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@OCT 31 1978, Clone Wars for the win!!! 😎

@Jason Todd Voorhees, I'll get that toxicology report done for you and let you know what I find.

Star Wars is not the same as it once was.

 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:56 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I absolutely Hate the new sequel trilogy.....There was an opportunity to make such an epic trilogy bringing back all of the original cast and focusing on Han and Leia’s twin children Training to become Jedi in Luke’s new Jedi order and Admiral Thrawn attempting to restore The Empire to its former Glory with the Help of Darkside user Mara Jade like the Novels did.....or Even used Darth Plagueis as the main Threat.....Revenge of the Sith practically set us up for his return during the Conversation with Anakin about the Wise Darth Plagueis skill with the Darkside.

.....But instead Disney Star Wars decided to shit all over the characters the way The Force works and the fan base with these 3 films

we get Zombie Palpatine, uninteresting main characters, new characters introduced doing things in the story that old original characters should have....a lame villain and rehashed plots that already had pay offs in the original trilogy.....

They made so many mistakes with these sequels....not one cohesive storyline,  it was as if no one outlined where the story was going to go for the new Trilogy and they went in with a “Winged it “ attitude for each film.

Bringing back Emperor Palpatine was just another mistake attempting to draw back in the older fans after the abomination that was the choices made in The Last Jedi .....thinking it Was what the fans wanted on a very long list of mistakes and missed opportunities in these movies.

As far as I am concerned there are only 7 Star Wars movies, 2 animated shows and 1 live action show.

I,II, III, Rogue One, IV, V, VI  movies

 clone wars, rebels and Mandalorian for shows

That isn't Ben Solo to me....Ben Solo is the son of Luke! not Han! I swear this new canon is just terrible!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

That isn't Ben Solo to me....Ben Solo is the son of Luke! not Han! I swear this new canon is just terrible!!!!

I'm not too keen on it myself. It is what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new trilogy as a whole is a big f**king mess. I mean seriously, I could've written something a thousand times better and chances are, anyone in this forum could. You're telling me this billion dollar company cant come up with something unique and forever classic like the OT? I hope one day Lucasfilm de-canonize the sequel trilogy since they contradict many things in both the prequels and OT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dunken said:

The new trilogy as a whole is a big f**king mess. I mean seriously, I could've written something a thousand times better and chances are, anyone in this forum could. You're telling me this billion dollar company cant come up with something unique and forever classic like the OT? I hope one day Lucasfilm de-canonize the sequel trilogy since they contradict many things in both the prequels and OT.

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree with you. This trilogy and most of its characters were a disappointment. Poor dialogues, no red thread and absolutely no emotional feelings by watching the movies.

The biggest problem will be that Disney does not care at all that they messed up, they will just keep on producing new trilogies in order to make money, and most of us will go watch them (in hope of getting something that we were missing in the last movies).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My major problem with the film was that they completely ignored Last Jedi and didn't try to build off of it. We can argue that episode 8 essentially prevented any possibility of a good ending to the trilogy, but JJ proved that no amount of patchwork could have saved it. It's like he tried to shove the content of 2 movies into two and a half hours of nonsense. The only thing I liked about Last Jedi was that rian johnson TRIED to do something different with star wars, but it just felt too much like the ending of a trilogy and not the middle. The ending of ROS was incredibly underwhelming and didn't do anything to help my waning interest in star wars. Especially considering they couldn't come up with anything else and had to throw palpatine back into it. He sent a presidential alert to the galaxy for no reason, maybe to get the story going, but that's just it. Not to mention you only get this information from the title crawl, which looks like something a 4th grader would write. It's like 3 two-sentenced paragraphs that very quickly explain what JUST happened. The pacing is an entirely different topic of conversation, but I think you get my point. The sequel trilogy had little chance of being redeemed at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, Uncle Gubsy said:

My major problem with the film was that they completely ignored Last Jedi and didn't try to build off of it. We can argue that episode 8 essentially prevented any possibility of a good ending to the trilogy, but JJ proved that no amount of patchwork could have saved it. It's like he tried to shove the content of 2 movies into two and a half hours of nonsense. The only thing I liked about Last Jedi was that rian johnson TRIED to do something different with star wars, but it just felt too much like the ending of a trilogy and not the middle. The ending of ROS was incredibly underwhelming and didn't do anything to help my waning interest in star wars. Especially considering they couldn't come up with anything else and had to throw palpatine back into it. He sent a presidential alert to the galaxy for no reason, maybe to get the story going, but that's just it. Not to mention you only get this information from the title crawl, which looks like something a 4th grader would write. It's like 3 two-sentenced paragraphs that very quickly explain what JUST happened. The pacing is an entirely different topic of conversation, but I think you get my point. The sequel trilogy had little chance of being redeemed at the end.

The entire sequel trilogy is Underwhelming......

And you are definitely right Ruin Johnson definitely did try to do something different with Star Wars....and he succeeded he made a Very Terrible Star Wars movie.....something that was rare up until These 3 films which got worse and worse as they went along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know it's pretty amusing that Jason X does a much better job at science-fiction than the Star Wars sequel trilogy has done.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't know what the FK did you expected ppl, as soon as I see Disney I stop buying shit from that franchise (same goes for marvel), and soon they will be fking with FOX franchises, so I think american pop culture is dying under the monopoly of the mouse, I bet in some year they will own horror franchises, rap & hip hop music labels and porn sites like brazzers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...