Hey everyone so i mentioned in my introduction post that i create masks & props from the FT13 movies but one of the main grips i have with some of them is the colors of the masks mainly the original timeline one.Now i ask this because i have viewed the movies several times & always try to match the colors that shown on screen BUUUUT & a pretty big one if you ask me 😉 but nah for reals heheh 😆 anyways whenever i watch documentaries about said films the masks they show in production stills always show them in a different color & i'm not sure if it's the lightning they use that changes the color or maybe it's a color correction in the film itself.

example 

Jason-Voorhees-in-Friday-the-13th-Part-3

;.jpg

See what i mean?

So if anyone can list the correct colors the masks have in each movie along with the spray or acrylic paints that match the colors from the films it would be much appreciateded cause i'm really having troubles finding out these colors.😵

34 minutes ago, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Don't suppose you can help?

It always comes down to Lighting.

both pictures are in different lighting conditions the first with an over head white lighting, the second in a more harsh Yellow you can tell from the way the clothing looks and even the color of his skin.

Your best bet is to use the production stills for reference as those probably don’t have any extra or harsh lighting on them and may even be the most accurate.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It always comes down to Lighting.

both pictures are in different lighting conditions the first with an over head white lighting, the second in a more harsh Yellow you can tell from the way the clothing looks and even the color of his skin.

Your best bet is to use the production stills for reference as those probably don’t have any extra or harsh lighting on them and may even be the most accurate.

Yeah i'll probably do that but i don't suppose you can tell me what the correct color of the part 3 mask is without all that yellowing lighting?

1 hour ago, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Yeah i'll probably do that but i don't suppose you can tell me what the correct color of the part 3 mask is without all that yellowing lighting?

http://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2016/08/how-part-3-masks-were-probably-painted.html

check our this blog it has some detailed info on the mask for part 3 and what paints and techniques were used by the FX team.

Hope this helps.

@MonsterManiaMadness, check the following link out:

http://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-visual-history-of-hockey-masks.html

"the masks were painted an "off white" enhanced with a "slight aged patina" and given an "almost automotive finish" to enhance the look for night-time shooting."

This may not answer all your questions, but it's got good information.

**edit, just noticed @OCT 31 1978 sent you a link to the same blog, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@MonsterManiaMadness, check the following link out:

http://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-visual-history-of-hockey-masks.html

"the masks were painted an "off white" enhanced with a "slight aged patina" and given an "almost automotive finish" to enhance the look for night-time shooting."

This may not answer all your questions, but it's got good information.

**edit, just noticed @OCT 31 1978 sent you a link to the same blog, lol.

Great Minds think alike !!

• Haha 1

Hm that blog definitely helped but i do have another question regarding the other maks & this is about the Savini Jason mask & what i read on wiki page for the game.

latest?cb=20190213114420

"Savini Jason Mask has Freddy's slash marks and is a dark black color with a Part 7 inspired missing chunk, its one of the most unique molds of the Mask itself"

I know wiki's can be tampered with by fans but is the Freddy bit true?Cause it'd be a nice to easter egg to Freddy & the nightmare on elm street franchise along with the implication that while escaping from he had a brief fight with Freddy & has the mark to prove it.

4 hours ago, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Hm that blog definitely helped but i do have another question regarding the other maks & this is about the Savini Jason mask & what i read on wiki page for the game.

latest?cb=20190213114420

"Savini Jason Mask has Freddy's slash marks and is a dark black color with a Part 7 inspired missing chunk, its one of the most unique molds of the Mask itself"

I know wiki's can be tampered with by fans but is the Freddy bit true?Cause it'd be a nice to easter egg to Freddy & the nightmare on elm street franchise along with the implication that while escaping from he had a brief fight with Freddy & has the mark to prove it.

Well I did avoid this before but uh, Yes I'm the one who made the F13 the Game Wiki......and yes thats Freddy's claw marks why wouldn't it be his claw marks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Well I did avoid this before but uh, Yes I'm the one who made the F13 the Game Wiki......and yes thats Freddy's claw marks why wouldn't it be his claw marks?

Well originally I thought they were demon claws that scratched Jason's mask mostly because of how huge the claw marks are compared to Freddy's but since it's been confirmed I'm quite happy with the answer given.😄

19 minutes ago, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Well originally I thought they were demon claws that scratched Jason's mask mostly because of how huge the claw marks are compared to Freddy's but since it's been confirmed I'm quite happy with the answer given.😄

Yeah its a mixture of the FvJ/Part 6/Part 7 Design

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2