I was just thinking about the game in the early days. I remember team killing, having to press a button to launch your pocket knife, Tommy coming back without items, and the dreaded "Connection to host lost!"

What are some other gameplay changes you remember from the beginning?

No prompts to break windows....which once added created an invisible protection barrier that used to not be there.

The free swing to break windows .... and hitting counselors jumping into or climbing into was much better before they added the prompt....much more fluid and less clunky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No prompts to break windows....which once added created an invisible protection barrier that used to not be there.

The free swing to break windows .... and hitting counselors jumping into or climbing into was much better before they added the prompt....much more fluid and less clunky.

Yep.  There have been plenty of "fixes" that actually made the game worse, but this was the most pointless in my opinion.  There was nothing wrong with the original window interactions.

• Like 2

I remember when the fireworks and flaregun had different roles, but then when people complained about the lack of ways to fight Jason going back to beta. They were changed from the original roles and became stun weapons. Also the flare gun used to be in your inventory as opposed to always in your hands.

I remember when a gascan used to spawn by the fireplace inside Higgins. Don't think I've seen it spawn there since Beta. I remember sprays used to realistically roll around on the ground.

Beta/Launch times were better. They didn't come without their own issues and I suppose the later stages of Beta became a preview of what the game would become today. A bunch of Part 3s and a bunch of Vanessas. Still, the game back then was full of potential. The boat escape hadn't yet been revealed, they actually listened to the community and made the cop call slightly harder with the fuse, only slightly. We hadn't yet seen traps and knives work out or the Jason kill mechanic, etc. Golden times.

I Remember being able to stun Jason through the door as he was breaking the door down.

so much has changed counselors are like weak pinatas now.

weapons used to stun Jason every hit.

now big wrenches,pipes bounce off Jason every other hit and dont stun him anymore.

sometimes during the sweater stun kill when Tommy goes to hit Jason in the head it just bounces off Jason and does not stun him.

this game at one time was equally balanced for counselors and Jason players. but now the games has swung in the defense of Jason.

56 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I Remember being able to stun Jason through the door as he was breaking the door down.

now big wrenches,pipes bounce off Jason every other hit and dont stun him anymore.

sometimes during the sweater stun kill when Tommy goes to hit Jason in the head it just bounces off Jason and does not stun him.

this game at one time was equally balanced for counselors and Jason players. but now the games has swung in the defense of Jason.

First of all, the game was never supposed to be equally balanced between Jason and the counselors. Jason is supposed to be drastically more powerful than the counselors.
Second off, weapons stun Jason according to their stats. The frying pan and shot gun are the only two weapons that stun 100% of the time, I believe. 
When trying to stun Jason for the kill, it’s advisable to have someone with a bat to get the stun hit. The bat has a better stun percentage than the axe. 
Also, the game has not swung in the defense of Jason. It’s easier to kill Jason now than ever before. I’d hate to see what kind of posts you made if the devs actually listened to their seasoned players and increased Jason’s mask HP. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

First of all, the game was never supposed to be equally balanced between Jason and the counselors. Jason is supposed to be drastically more powerful than the counselors.
Second off, weapons stun Jason according to their stats. The frying pan and shot gun are the only two weapons that stun 100% of the time, I believe. 
When trying to stun Jason for the kill, it’s advisable to have someone with a bat to get the stun hit. The bat has a better stun percentage than the axe. 
Also, the game has not swung in the defense of Jason. It’s easier to kill Jason now than ever before. I’d hate to see what kind of posts you made if the devs actually listened to their seasoned players and increased Jason’s mask HP. 

Lately ive noticed you in particular have really disliked anything i post or say.

not sure why.

If Jasons mask was harder to get off then weapons would have to be adjusted to last longer.

otherwise all machetes and axes would be gone and used up,broken.

Jason gets out of sweater kill stuns and can avoid the sweater.

Jason has a ton of defense.

I Think the whole arguement on this forum is that counselors should be sitting ducks and Jason shouldnt take alot of learned defense skill to operate Jason in the game.

• Like 1

@Strigoi, your missing the point. Axes and machetes don’t have to be used to demask Jason. All weapons can be used on him to demask him. It makes it even easier once he’s in rage mode. All weapons do maximum damage to his mask HP while in rage because he can’t be stunned.

No one wants the counselors to be sitting ducks, but the Jason kill should have to be something challenging instead of being the easiest objective for the counselors. 

Jason getting out of the sweater stun is something I never see. As long as the sweater girl has any idea of what their doing, the sweater isn’t the problem. It’s the over anxious “helpers” that run up and smack Jason with a low stun chance weapon or just Tommy in general using an axe that isn’t a guaranteed stun. 

Sorry if you think I dislike everything you post or have to say. There have been several things you have said in the past that I have agreed with and have given you a like or thanks. But when you start posting things like “Jason is too OP” or it’s impossible to kill Jason, I and several others are going to disagree with you. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Strigoi, your missing the point. Axes and machetes don’t have to be used to demask Jason. All weapons can be used on him to demask him. It makes it even easier once he’s in rage mode. All weapons do maximum damage to his mask HP while in rage because he can’t be stunned.

No one wants the counselors to be sitting ducks, but the Jason kill should have to be something challenging instead of being the easiest objective for the counselors. 

Jason getting out of the sweater stun is something I never see. As long as the sweater girl has any idea of what their doing, the sweater isn’t the problem. It’s the over anxious “helpers” that run up and smack Jason with a low stun chance weapon or just Tommy in general using an axe that isn’t a guaranteed stun. 

Sorry if you think I dislike everything you post or have to say. There have been several things you have said in the past that I have agreed with and have given you a like or thanks. But when you start posting things like “Jason is too OP” or it’s impossible to kill Jason, I and several others are going to disagree with you. 

When Friday the 13th the game gets to the playstation classics value ben at Walmart i hope that the devs include different difficulty modes in the game to make everyone happy.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

When Friday the 13th the game gets to the playstation classics value ben at Walmart i hope that the devs include different difficulty modes in the game to make everyone happy.

The lawsuit prevents new content, including new game modes. It's too bad, because it would have been nice to see other modes, such as Paranoia.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

The lawsuit prevents new content, including new game modes. It's too bad, because it would have been nice to see other modes, such as Paranoia.

IF Horror inc Sean Cunningham settles with Miller in June 2020 of this year.

they maybe we will see some small tweaks and updates to the game later on.

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Also the baseball bat will instantly stun him. I think. Atleast thats what the wiki says.

8 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

The developers have pretty much said we're not getting anything new, even if the lawsuit is settled. That could change, but it's not likely.

In the meantime, bug fixes are better than nothing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

In the meantime, bug fixes are better than nothing.

I’m pretty convinced we aren’t getting bug fixes either 

20 hours ago, Strigoi said:

0afc2d379b2deab6b5c4dc5dae95df43.jpg

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Strigoi said:

This will never happen, what is in the game now is what we will have from here on out. People need to let go of the hope they keep that after the lawsuit ends that they will jump back in and resume content development. It is NEVER going to happen. To quote Metallica "Sad But True"

13 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Matt literally just posted a day or two ago and said the next patch is dropping later this month. Although them fixing some bugs presents the possibility of newer bugs, but it is still bug fixes nonetheless. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Matt literally just posted a day or two ago and said the next patch is dropping later this month. Although them fixing some bugs presents the possibility of newer bugs, but it is still bug fixes nonetheless. 

And the bugs they bring in they hold off for at least 6 months or longer before they try fixing what they brought in. Environmental kills should’ve been fixed a long time ago. This just shows their quality of work on bug fixes is poor

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

We may not get the bug fixes you are looking for, but we'll get something fixed, hopefully...

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 9:34 AM, tyrant666 said:

Beta/Launch times were better.

Agreed. That was the game as the genesis of the original concept in it's rawest form and was honestly the most fun to play. Felt like too many cooks in the kitchen not long after launch to especially where we are now.

• Thanks 1