Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Do You Hog Items?

Say you start the match. You grab a spray or a knife from a camp fire. The first cabin you hop into has either another spray or knife. You take them, then the next cabin is the same thing. Do you leave some items for others or do you hog/loot the most important items?

For me, if I have a spray and a knife and the opportunity presents itself, I'll hold onto a second knife. I'm not a total thief who holds onto 3 knives, looking for a 20 minute time win or something. Same goes for spray.

Do you hog items or spare some?

Is it the medic perk that gives you two uses of a first aid spray? I use that sometimes so I only ever keep one in my inventory then two knives. If I come across the fuse for the cops call then I swap it out.

Play the OBJ: Spray, Knife, Fuse

Survival*: Spray, knife, knife.

*If I can find a shotgun then that's me for 20 minutes I typically survive the night.

I usually drop a second spray, firecrackers, pocket knife near any object like the car or phone box or direct on the road for the others to find.

By doing this my chances to survive against Jason (I mostly play repair characters like Deborah) in a 1:1 situation will be tougher, but in my opinion it overall  helps to keep everyone longer alive  and objectives done.

BTW, when I find the fuse, but do not know the place of the phone box Right away, I drop the fuse on the road every few moments, for others to see, most times this is effective and someone comes to join me and guide the way to the phone box, enabling the police to get called earlier.

Yes I do....if it aint a health spray I aint giving it up! firecrackers/pocket knives/keys are all mine! (I'm jokin alittle tho but pocket knives I'm never giving up like that.)

• Haha 1

Yeah everything is mine unless I’m playing with a friend then I’ll share a Pk or spray for them to. But randoms? Why should I share with them? They may even be Jason’s helpers for all I know. 

I try to, at least, find a med spray and a weapon first and foremost (and before I had Preparedness, a map). Once I get those to start, I leave the rest for the other players. If I come a cross a pocket knife I'll nab it -- if not, that's okay.

I tend to share items, depending on who I encounter in a match, and if they aren't acting a fool. Watch my back and I'll watch yours.

• Like 1

I share items with my group, but that's it. Like someone else pointed out, randoms could be (and these days usually are) Jason teamers. I'd much rather have a healthy stash of sprays/knives so I can troll the cheating Jason as long as I can. Or if I see Roy or Part 6 at the start of the match I tend to hoard sprays while letting them get their knife-happy jollies on my thick-skin perk before I make them realize they've emptied their supply for nothing in forcing them to hunt without their safe crutch.

One exception is when a random proves themself as an honorable player by helping someone in trouble, completing objectives, etc. I usually drop items for them if I have extras.

I'm 100% a pocket knife hoarder. I usually play Deb so I'll take as many as I can get, so that I can disarm objective traps and have something left over to defend myself with.