PowellCampsNAKED

After Lawsuit ends new Content idea even if it’s over!

Hey guys for those of you who don’t know I’ve been here since day 1 but haven’t been active on here in a while ... anyways I always like to chime in and toss out an idea! If the Lawsuit ends and Gun can’t make any new content due to not making sense from a business point of view, what if we could get one more thing called hardcore mode where all they have to do is shut off Jason’s shift / Sense / and the Jason alert music! And shut off the counselors ability to hear the Jason alert music until he’s in view of the player (but within 20 ft) and take away players ping locations on the maps so players are force to communicate (and keeps teamers from ratting out other players)!

so essentially this idea isn’t really making or building content that could take a long time and money but just turning off what’s already there!?!?  I’m not a game developer but in my mind seems way easier than making new maps and skins or kills! 

• Like 1

I like it! I dont know how else to describe it other than a bare bones mode. Its back to basics, Jason has no abilities, Counsellors have no perks, the map isnt on and it's your skill/luck that helps you survive.

I like to think it would be fun but maybe on the flip side matches could be boring a little as Jason might not see anybody the entire game and the counsellors might always win. Teamers could still exist though as all they'd have to do is die, then scout them all via the cameras when dead.

I’d like to experience this mode, but I am not sure how captious the lawyers will really be as we would need some kind of new button to activate or deactivate this „new mode“ and then this button could be counted for new content...?

Maybe try this: I sometimes mute the TV for one match or two, leaving me playing the game without any game sound at all and therefore without Jason‘s usual alert tunes.

Sounds like no fun? For me it is quite a thrill if you are searching a cabin, opening drawers and get suddenly grabbed from behind out of nowhere or you just open a door to the next room and encounter Jason with his machete standing in front of you.

Playing as Jason „mute-style“ is also tougher: you neither get alerts when the sweater is taken nor when counselors get caught in yr traps, you are also fully unaware if the police gets called. This way, some of Jason’s senses are handicapped, but you still possess shift and morph, which I find on bigger maps like Pinehurst for a slow running Jason necessary.

Once the lawsuit is over, and they were able to make new content, which I don't see happening, it would so great. The game easily became my favorite game once it dropped. I already turn the music and stuff off during my counselor matches. I really love the idea. My main suggestion would be to make Megan Garris a playable counselor and for Camp Forest Green to be a map. Jason Lives is hands down my favorite film in the franchise. Megan is my favorite final girl as well. I just always wanted more Jason Lives in the game. Obviously having Part 6 Jason and Thom Mathews' portrayal of Tommy is fantastic, but I just always wanted Megan in the game. And if they were unable to get Megan in, I also really would've loved Cort as a backup plan.

• Like 1

If i could have one final mode it would be sandbox mode where i can manipulate the camera/counselors/Jasons/items/vehicles to be able to make custom trailers/video's. Also to be able to just hop in as a counselor or Jason and just run freely around the map.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:17 PM, PackASnack_Lodge said:

If i could have one final mode it would be sandbox mode where i can manipulate the camera/counselors/Jasons/items/vehicles to be able to make custom trailers/video's. Also to be able to just hop in as a counselor or Jason and just run freely around the map.

I agree I think we need a sandbox mode. Other counselors can be bots in sandbox mode, and you can try out things  like the car, different counselors, etc.

For the idea about hardcore mode, I doubt they’ll be implementing any of these ideas, but you can shut off music for you and turn down gamma and it makes it a lot more scary. You won’t hear Jason’s music even if he’s not in stalk, and everything will be a lot darker (and in addition to that look better since turning the gamma down actually improves the graphics a little bit) so you’ll be forced to use your flashlight. By doing these things you’re actually giving yourself a disadvantage, but it actually makes this game a lot more scary.

The part about the hardcode mode I really like is the fact where you’re forced to communicate with counselors. Seeing where counselors are on the mini map is a luxury to have and it really does help with teamwork and everything like that, especially teamwork without using a mic since you know where everybody is. I think that since in real life you wouldn't actually be able to see where everybody is, in hardcore mode not being able to see where anybody is on the map, but encountering teammates as you get around, trying to survive would be a whole lot more scary and would definitely encourage sticking together. This is because once you separate you might not ever be able to find where that person went. In addition to everything being much darker, you could encounter teammates in dark cabins and it might actually bring you movie-like jumpscares where you think it’s the bad guy but it’s actually not.  This would be beyond cool.

Frankly, I'm most interested in the likely timing of the lawsuit settlement, seeming to make the idea of a new version of this game going on to next gen consoles the best option, as opposed to rolling out a bunch of stuff that's been on ice for 18 months.

Get Gun away from the IP if the lawsuit settles without them having claim to it, and allow a AAA publisher to make "Friday the 13th: A New Beginning" for the PS5.

My guess is we will see and get something like this, in maybe 2-3 years.

With all our given feedback,  discussed ideaselements, scenarios and „what if this and that“ from this forum someone now just has to take a big whiteboard and is able to create the layout for a perfect new game.

It would be a real waste of a chance for any software publisher / developer to not exactly do this (take our think tank) once the lawsuit is over and the rights’ situation is crystal (lake) clear.

As much blame the current publishers, developers received  for the glitches: we should keep in mind that we wouldn’t be here at this very Point at all. we wouldn’t have anything to discuss, suggest, blame or enjoy about. 

so I am grateful for all the details we can enjoy and that we even got here and I do not mind if the same persons would get the (call it a second) chance to create this something, what we all wish for and maybe what they had always on their minds, but were forced to stop once the lawsuit had started.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wolledc said:

My guess is we will see and get something like this, in maybe 2-3 years.

With all our given feedback,  discussed ideaselements, scenarios and „what if this and that“ from this forum someone now just has to take a big whiteboard and is able to create the layout for a perfect new game.

It would be a real waste of a chance for any software publisher / developer to not exactly do this (take our think tank) once the lawsuit is over and the rights’ situation is crystal (lake) clear.

As much blame the current publishers, developers received  for the glitches: we should keep in mind that we wouldn’t be here at this very Point at all. we wouldn’t have anything to discuss, suggest, blame or enjoy about. 

so I am grateful for all the details we can enjoy and that we even got here and I do not mind if the same persons would get the (call it a second) chance to create this something, what we all wish for and maybe what they had always on their minds, but were forced to stop once the lawsuit had started.

There's likely a number of parties that may be using whiteboards or something similar to brainstorm a future attempt at an F13 game. It may be years away, but someone will make it happen.

• Like 2

• Uber Jason
  • Grendel Map
  • Manhattan Map
  • Whatever the Paranoia mode was supposed to be
  • Possibly the Jason from Killer Puzzle (would be a weird pick like retro jason)
  • A sandbox mode (like others have mentioned)
  • First Person perspective
  • create a character
  • and please more skimpy bathing suits for AJ and Tiffany ;)
  • Like 1

Undead Pamela from part 3, Pamela (if likeness rights permission were granted by Betsy Palmer's daughter), Ghost Jason and Kyle and CCL from Never Hike Alone( both are in Killer Puzzle, an officially licensed F13 game), all other previously mentioned stuff, reworked NES Jason with map, supermaps that has all large and small maps connected with the lake in the middle.

• Haha 1