m3ga_monk3y.cfg

Has this game been completely abandoned?

An absolutely heartbreaking question, but I just haven't heard much lately, and I was told by MattShotcha (think thats how to spell it) that he'd forward along my idea to be able to disable rain all together or just in bots, but they still don't seem to have done anything on it yet..

They have pretty much said all they are going to do from here on out is try and fix the bugs and at the very end, give us client side save access so that we have all our progress while offline. I wouldn’t expect to see any other changes to the game at all.

I mean, just think, Wes came on the forums and told everyone they were going to completely re-work the perks. Asked everyone for feedback on what they would like to see. Now that isn’t going to happen, and this was proposed after the lawsuit halted content. 

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They have pretty much said all they are going to do from here on out is try and fix the bugs and at the very end, give us client side save access so that we have all our progress while offline. I wouldn’t expect to see any other changes to the game at all.

I mean, just think, Wes came on the forums and told everyone they were going to completely re-work the perks. Asked everyone for feedback on what they would like to see. Now that isn’t going to happen, and this was proposed after the lawsuit halted content. 

Yeah, not holding breath on getting any game changes at this point. I don't think they realized just how badly this game was coded on the backend. That poor guy from Black Tower is probably an alcoholic by now sifting through this shit. Enjoy the game for what it is, and if they happen to fix some issues along the way it will be a plus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I would be mildly shocked if client-side saving were even implemented...ever.

With the things that have been previously promised and didn’t come about, I’m definitely not holding my breathe waiting for that. 

• Like 1

Not abandoned. Next patch is coming this month, includes a couple of key fixes like Environmental Kills, Bots on Jarvis, Pinehurst Drawers, Barricade issues, etc.

After this patch, we have to work on our prio list.

As mentioned here, we are looking at ways to ensure people can access the game long into the future, but we aren't at that point yet.

• Thanks 10

19 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Not abandoned. Next patch is coming this month, includes a couple of key fixes like Environmental Kills, Bots on Jarvis, Pinehurst Drawers, Barricade issues, etc.

As mentioned here, we are looking at ways to ensure people can access the game long into the future, but we aren't at that point yet.

Not sure if its been reported, but there are issues with bots on all the maps. Bots are found frozen in cabins and will also enter hiding spots and never come out. Not as extreme as Jarvis where all are frozen at match start, but there is always a couple found in this state each match. If you grab/slash/knife them, they will become active again and resume play. The ones hiding and never coming out you just have to hunt down and find what closet they hid in.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Not sure if its been reported, but there are issues with bots on all the maps. Bots are found frozen in cabins and will also enter hiding spots and never come out. Not as extreme as Jarvis where all are frozen at match start, but there is always a couple found in this state each match. If you grab/slash/knife them, they will become active again and resume play. The ones hiding and never coming out you just have to hunt down and find what closet they hid in.

That has been reported, but I *think* that's a separate issue from the Jarvis situation, in terms of cause on the game's side. That's why they are separated issues in terms of patch inclusion. I will look into this and see what's up for sure!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Next patch is coming this month, includes a couple of key fixes like Environmental Kills, Bots on Jarvis, Pinehurst Drawers, Barricade issues, etc.

Sounds great, and looking forward to the results 

36 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I will look into this and see what's up for sure!

Thanks @mattshotcha really appreciate your personal dedication to fix what can be fixed.

• Like 2

How about if they come up with new charecter as good as Tommy J 10/10 on every thing that only unlocked for L150

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Thanks for the response matt!

17 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Next patch is coming this month

Good to hear, but how about actually TESTING this one before releasing it?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Donmaz7 said:

How about if they come up with new charecter as good as Tommy J 10/10 on every thing that only unlocked for L150

Not possible, that would be considered "new" content.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Donmaz7 said:

It's already fairly easy to kill Jason with the counsellors we have at the start but imagine being a Jason player and seeing a squad full of 10/10 every stat characters. It would be a challenge to the hardcore Jason characters out there but for the "just for fun" players it would cause them to leave reducing player base, maybe.

However I do like that idea though having some character available at L150 it would incentivise people to stick at the game! 

Tommy would basically be of no use other than to get the killing blow if you had a unlockable character that has the same stats from the beginning of the match. Everyone who is 150 would obviously select this character.7 Vanessa's are bad enough, I couldn't imagine an entire lobby full of 10/10 stat characters with legendary perks and make that character a female would be worse due to wearing the sweater.

Track record leans me to believe the patch will drop either the final week of the month or not until next month.

Doesn't matter if it was Illfonic or Black Tower or whomever. Its been that kinda deal since the start.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2020 at 11:36 AM, mattshotcha said:

Will the new patch address the glitch that let’s counselors roam free after breaking out of a grab but makes Jason stuck in his grab hold positioning?

22 minutes ago, Purplejason said:

Will the new patch address the glitch that let’s counselors roam free after breaking out of a grab but makes Jason stuck in his grab hold positioning?

I am pretty sure this is tied to the environmental kill issue where the kill glitches out and counselors register killed but eventually break out of Jason’s grasp and continue playing......

Matt said this issue is being addressed with this months patch.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am pretty sure this is tied to the environmental kill issue where the kill glitches out and counselors register killed but eventually break out of Jason’s grasp and continue playing......

Matt said this issue is being addressed with this months patch.

Yep. That is the environmental kill issue and it is confirmed fixed in the coming patch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/13/2020 at 6:20 AM, tyrant666 said:

Track record leans me to believe the patch will drop either the final week of the month or not until next month.

Doesn't matter if it was Illfonic or Black Tower or whomever. Its been that kinda deal since the start.

It will come next month, until next month gets here.  Then it will actually be coming the next month.

Heartbreaking indeed OP.

God, id be happier than a pig in shyte, if they’d just patch up the environmental kill freeze/shift glitch and move the car/boat/fuse box locations. I mean, how frigging hard could that be? There’s tons of new players jumping on this game, the cult following notwithstanding. It would be in EVERYONES best interest, to keep this game alive long enough for the sequel. With the right developer, and F13 purists  involved, it could very well be a smash hit along with the big boys over at EA and RS.

You’d have to think that at least ONE person, has put a bug in the ear of Cunningham and Miller, of how much $$$ they’re losing(VG, tv, film, merchandise) with this long and tedious lawsuit? They’re not exactly spring chickens either. Settle this petty squabble, revamp your wills and estates, and get to frigging work already! There are legions of new fans joining up, but many don’t have the patience(nor the attention span) to play a game that’s quite honestly, unplayable at times. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mc_bain76 said:

You’d have to think that at least ONE person, has put a bug in the ear of Cunningham and Miller, of how much $$$ they’re losing with this long and tedious lawsuit?

A lot of people might have, but I think with both of them being nearly 80 years old, they just don’t  want to give anything to the other and are just too stubborn to move any inch. 

Yep, you’re probably right. At that age, they’re more than likely lining up their ducks for the beneficiaries. I’m sure the lawyers are loving every minute of it!

4 hours ago, mc_bain76 said:

Yep, you’re probably right. At that age, they’re more than likely lining up their ducks for the beneficiaries. I’m sure the lawyers are loving every minute of it!

No matter the outcome, the lawyers are the real winners in this scenario.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1