I know some people have mentioned memorizing the Tommy house spawn locations, but out of curiosity - can anybody provide the general locations? 

I know sometimes you can see it in the cutscene, and during those matches it helps greatly, and other times I get lucky when a power box spawn near an objective,  I knock it out and then realize it’s the actually the Tommy box. Can anybody possibly tell me the possible spawn locations of the Tommy house in each map (I know there are multiple spawn locations as it might not be in a particular area each match, on one particular map)? And also, is there a way to know if the Tommy house didn’t spawn in one area? Like kind of how you know the shack didn’t spawn in one of the locations it usually spawns in, because the campfire is there. Is there a secret to knowing where the Tommy house spawned?

It doesn't spawn in small houses

Depending on the map you can guess. Like Crystal Lake small it doesn't spawn on the left side of the map so you have a 50/50 but also the cutscene can reveal it. That's probably the best map for it. Second best map is Higgins Haven I'd say since the cutscene practically covers one whole section you can tell if it isn't there and the houses that have the Tommy house call are removed often.

Otherwise you can guess through the perspective of a counselor. Where would it be if I was a counselor? That's how I land it more often through pure intuition. And you can cut the power where Tommy Jarvis might spawn to see him easier with sense on the way. Sometimes you can morph on the graveyard when Tommy comes in and practically guarantee kill him out in the open. Same with campfires near the bottom or top of the map respawns.

• Like 1

I also think there is a Tommy Jarvis house spawn list that you can memorize but I don't have access to it lol

34 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

It doesn't spawn in small houses

Depending on the map you can guess. Like Crystal Lake small it doesn't spawn on the left side of the map so you have a 50/50 but also the cutscene can reveal it. That's probably the best map for it. Second best map is Higgins Haven I'd say since the cutscene practically covers one whole section you can tell if it isn't there and the houses that have the Tommy house call are removed often.

Otherwise you can guess through the perspective of a counselor. Where would it be if I was a counselor? That's how I land it more often through pure intuition. And you can cut the power where Tommy Jarvis might spawn to see him easier with sense on the way. Sometimes you can morph on the graveyard when Tommy comes in and practically guarantee kill him out in the open. Same with campfires near the bottom or top of the map respawns.

This helps a lot, thanks! I’ve done this successfully a couple times, and I’m trying to become more familiar with where the CB radio house spawns because it’s much easier to make sure Tommy doesn’t even come into the picture so all the counselors can do is try to escape, instead of often going for the kill. 

7 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

I also think there is a Tommy Jarvis house spawn list that you can memorize but I don't have access to it lol

I know you said you don’t have access to it, but is this some official thing that players can’t see or is it on a different website? 

I've spent countless hours on the bots studying this. Assuming the cut scene gives you no clue you can sometimes go by the car/boat locations but that is not 100% either Jarvis and Pinethurst are the toughest to determine.Luckily those don't get played very often.  Even on Higgins large the cutscene does not show you sometimes but it is still usually near that area  most of the time although it does spawn in Blairs Cove. I can usually get most spawns 75% first morph only because I've spent so much time studying. Usually educated guesses on ones not in cutscenes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I've spent countless hours on the bots studying this. Assuming the cut scene gives you no clue you can sometimes go by the car/boat locations but that is not 100% either Jarvis and Pinethurst are the toughest to determine.Luckily those don't get played very often.  Even on Higgins large the cutscene does not show you sometimes but it is still usually near that area  most of the time although it does spawn in Blairs Cove. I can usually get most spawns 75% first morph only because I've spent so much time studying. Usually educated guesses on ones not in cutscenes. 

Thanks for the input. Is the Tommy box usually your first morph, or do you go to the phone first? When playing as a Jason with -Morph I would imagine making the Tommy box your first morph would leave the objectives open for some time. Like, sometimes when playing as part 6, I’ve just morphed to trap say, the car, and the the trap at the phone is going off already, so it’s not too easy to trap everything or in this case, knock the Tommy box first before any of the objectives with minus morph.

With normal morph and +morph though I don’t imagine its that hard, at least on the small maps. I’ve gone to the power box first, on Packanack Small with part 8 Jason, and it ended up being the Tommy house. The phone was practically next door also so that made it a lot easier. Other times I found the power box for the Tommy house right on the small cabin near  the Lodge. But then there’s those times it spawns up near the main road, and since there’s no objectives near there I barely find myself hitting that  box unless I’m trying to bring somebody’s fear up, etc. during a chase.

Sometimes I’d knock out the Tommy house power without even realizing it was the house to call Jarvis in from, and then when he never shows up then I realize why. From now on I’ll try to spawn by a power box first, and then the phone, since the cars usually won’t be repaired that quickly judging on how most people play (at least the people I come across usually aren’t repair characters, they’re more runners), and even then you can stop the car. You can’t stop the cops once they’re called or stop Tommy from spawning in once he’s called in (unless you kill him, but a lot times you get a pretty skilled one who also wants to do the Jason kill). 

Unfortunately the tower is RNG for every map. Power grids split the maps into 3-4 sections. You need to learn which box controls which houses. Of those houses it helps to know which houses can be potential radio spawn locations and which ones can never be.

Even going in cold you're going to have a 25-33% chance of hitting the correct box on the first morph. One out of three doesn't sound too good right? However, there are ways to help increase the odds of hitting the right power box on the first morph.

Cutscenes can help tell you where a tower is (or isn't) for every map except Jarvis and Pack small.  Higgins Large, for example, will pretty much cover the right half of the map in the cutscene. So if I don't see the tower in the Higgins cutscene, my first morph is the box at Blair's cove. At Jarvis, all the pro Jasons usually go for the box that controls Elmwood (south central) since there will never be a tower in the cutscene.

The phone house can also help narrow down the search, since the phone house cannot also spawn the tower. The only exception I believe, being Blair's Cove on Higgins large. At Pinehurst for example, if you don't see the tower in the cutscene and the phone is at Turtle Pond, then there's only one house left on that grid that could possibly spawn the tower. So it's best to pick a different grid. 

6 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I know you said you don’t have access to it, but is this some official thing that players can’t see or is it on a different website? 

@Tommy86 is currently working on a Tommy box guide that goes into great detail to increase your odds of hitting the correct box on the first try. Power grids are broken down on each map varient, as well as listing odds of each box being the correct one. Also included are video clips containing each cutscene tower for all applicable maps, for reference. It'll be made available on the forums as soon as it's finished. I've been privileged enough to get a sneak peek of the rough draft for most maps, and I must say this guide is very well done. 

• Like 2

I just don't understand why the devs won't cave in on letting Jason know where the tower is on his map.He can see everything else in camp except a big  tower which makes absolutely no sense to me. It would somewhat help with the killing Jason issue most people are complaining about. It wouldn't make Jason too OP. He only has X amount of traps to put on it and he can't really sit and camp it the entire match unless it happens to spawn near the phone and car which does happen on certain maps. 

• Like 1

'Its the one with the big radio tower on it'

That's what the big boss says.

Best advice is go for a power box first before you go for the phone box. This includes skipping knives in the shack. Against a pub lobby, you could probably get it before they do. If its a couple friends or a kill squad, you could still get it first, but you won't get a second chance at another one like you might against a group of randoms.

Bottom line is you get it to start the match. Now anyone looking to kill you has to actually complete two repair objectives to get Tommy. Fixing the power box and making the call. Buys you more time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I just don't understand why the devs won't cave in on letting Jason know where the tower is on his map.He can see everything else in camp except a big  tower which makes absolutely no sense to me. It would somewhat help with the killing Jason issue most people are complaining about. It wouldn't make Jason too OP. He only has X amount of traps to put on it and he can't really sit and camp it the entire match unless it happens to spawn near the phone and car which does happen on certain maps. 

I agree 100% on this. It’s way too easy to kill Jason, and the people who don’t say this must not play Jason. Once the mask is off and you’ve got Tommy and the sweater in, then you’re pretty much screwed unless you can snatch one from afar. Either that or they get lucky with the stun not working, or they hide (I’ve seen lots of high level Jasons hide too. One time I was playing on Packanack Small, I was Tommy, AJ had the sweater. At first Jason stood in the doorway of his shack trying to block us from getting in -  mask was already off since I was Buggzy before and hit him with a machete until his mask was off. But we ended up getting everything we needed and he decided to hide.  He was on that island where the health spray spawns on the rock, and where the two tents are, waiting and we were by the shack by the lake, and he was just waiting there. As a result almost the whole lobby escaped to the cops, most people just waited the time out though, watching him just sitting by on that island. Pretty hilarious but that’s why the kill is way too easy). 

They should either show where the Tommy radio spawns on Jason’s mask or higher the HP on jasons mask. I feel like I would rather know where the radio spawns though. This is because the mask HP might make it more difficult since if Jason knows what he’s doing, blocking will reduce most damage and it’ll be very hard to knock his mask off. Also because most new players probably won’t think to morph by the Tommy radio tower house (and they don’t know how to block alike). But that’s just my opinion. They also need to fix block, does anybody agree with me? I’ve been blocking for a while and I only just realized when a whole group decided to hit me and get my rage up just as the match began. It started with a Vanessa and an Adam hitting me but then they all joined in (most of the lobby at least) and then I realized how slow blocking is, once Jason blocks one hit he stops blocking for a very short time, but not short enough if you’ve got 6 different counselors beating you up. I never got stunned because of this, but they did get some damage hits on me I’m pretty sure.

Plus, even if adding the Tommy house on Jason’s map will make people say that it makes him OP, shouldnt Jason kind of be a little bit OP? In this situation he won’t be very OP, but he will have more control over the kill (if he knows what he’s doing, at least). It  might make it a little scarier for the counselor players as they’ll find out Tommy hasn’t been called, and as the other counselors start to die and Tommy still hasn’t been called, they might go and look for the radio only to find the power box out and possibly trapped...and it turns out they’re a Vanessa. Even though they’ll be able to kite Jason for the rest of the match if they’re skilled at it, They won’t be able to repair anything or get a Jason kill. So maybe if they decide to show Tommy’s radio on Jason’s map it’ll also make the game maybe a little bit more scary or difficult for the counselors. Definitely will help with the Jason kill issue though.

I know they’re not going to add it on Jason’s map, but if they did, I would really like that and I’m sure many other people would as well.

Edit: another reason why it would possibly help with the Jason kill being harder to do is if you see/hear the trap go off at that power box, you’ll know you’re playing with people who probably want to try to kill you. Especially if they’re trying to repair the power with a non repair character, but this is only if they aren’t random low level people who just don’t know what they’re doing. lol. 

15 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

I agree 100% on this. It’s way too easy to kill Jason, and the people who don’t say this must not play Jason. Once the mask is off and you’ve got Tommy and the sweater in, then you’re pretty much screwed unless you can snatch one from afar. Either that or they get lucky with the stun not working, or they hide (I’ve seen lots of high level Jasons hide too. One time I was playing on Packanack Small, I was Tommy, AJ had the sweater. At first Jason stood in the doorway of his shack trying to block us from getting in -  mask was already off since I was Buggzy before and hit him with a machete until his mask was off. But we ended up getting everything we needed and he decided to hide.  He was on that island where the health spray spawns on the rock, and where the two tents are, waiting and we were by the shack by the lake, and he was just waiting there. As a result almost the whole lobby escaped to the cops, most people just waited the time out though, watching him just sitting by on that island. Pretty hilarious but that’s why the kill is way too easy). 

They should either show where the Tommy radio spawns on Jason’s mask or higher the HP on jasons mask. I feel like I would rather know where the radio spawns though. This is because the mask HP might make it more difficult since if Jason knows what he’s doing, blocking will reduce most damage and it’ll be very hard to knock his mask off. Also because most new players probably won’t think to morph by the Tommy radio tower house (and they don’t know how to block alike). But that’s just my opinion. They also need to fix block, does anybody agree with me? I’ve been blocking for a while and I only just realized when a whole group decided to hit me and get my rage up just as the match began. It started with a Vanessa and an Adam hitting me but then they all joined in (most of the lobby at least) and then I realized how slow blocking is, once Jason blocks one hit he stops blocking for a very short time, but not short enough if you’ve got 6 different counselors beating you up. I never got stunned because of this, but they did get some damage hits on me I’m pretty sure.

Plus, even if adding the Tommy house on Jason’s map will make people say that it makes him OP, shouldnt Jason kind of be a little bit OP? In this situation he won’t be very OP, but he will have more control over the kill (if he knows what he’s doing, at least). It  might make it a little scarier for the counselor players as they’ll find out Tommy hasn’t been called, and as the other counselors start to die and Tommy still hasn’t been called, they might go and look for the radio only to find the power box out and possibly trapped...and it turns out they’re a Vanessa. Even though they’ll be able to kite Jason for the rest of the match if they’re skilled at it, They won’t be able to repair anything or get a Jason kill. So maybe if they decide to show Tommy’s radio on Jason’s map it’ll also make the game maybe a little bit more scary or difficult for the counselors. Definitely will help with the Jason kill issue though.

I know they’re not going to add it on Jason’s map, but if they did, I would really like that and I’m sure many other people would as well.

Most QP Jasons don't even trap the phone. This would change nothing. Read the guide when it comes out and apply what you learn if you care that much. But remember, just because you trap it doesn't mean they won't be able to fix it and get the call off.

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

just because you trap it doesn't mean they won't be able to fix it and get the call off.

True enough but the  longer you can keep/delay Tommy from the match the better. I can't wait till Tommy 86 gets this guide out. Hopefully I can increase my percentage even higher than it is. Let us know when it's out.