Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Changing counselor mechanics

@Fair Play gave me this idea since he has a Jason mechanics thread up. What if you could change counselor mechanics? The coolest things I can think of are

to have the ability to shoot the shotgun at jason while sitting in the car. 

fake breath to act like you’re hiding in a hiding spot when you’re not

be able to swim under water

Be able to climb, jump, crawl, etc. climbing up the ladder inside the barn would’ve been cool.

Be able to punch and kick

As Chad: be able not to cry: „... is this a dead body?“ when there actually isn’t a dead body around the next five cabins.

• Haha 1

- Don't lose stamina when jogging - Someone elses idea and it would go a long way to help lower speed/stamina counselors

- Low composure drawns stamina faster and only real high end perks slow this as well as other features

- With Jason not being able to spam sense anymore, this should auto help with composure/stealth

- Don't allow counselors to climb or jump...imagine 4 counselors jumping around Jason? Other than laziness, I can see why they didn't allow counselors up to the higher levels of the barn on Higgins and Pinehurst. Half the playerbase would complain about the fall damage being too little and the other half too much.

43 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

- Don't lose stamina when jogging - Someone elses idea and it would go a long way to help lower speed/stamina counselors

- Low composure drawns stamina faster and only real high end perks slow this as well as other features

- With Jason not being able to spam sense anymore, this should auto help with composure/stealth

- Don't allow counselors to climb or jump...imagine 4 counselors jumping around Jason? Other than laziness, I can see why they didn't allow counselors up to the higher levels of the barn on Higgins and Pinehurst. Half the playerbase would complain about the fall damage being too little and the other half too much.

Don’t lose stamina while jogging? Sounds way too op for high stamina/high speed counselors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Don’t lose stamina while jogging? Sounds way too op for high stamina/high speed counselors. 

Most of the high speed counselors have terrible composure. Make low composure more consequential and high composure more powerful. Completely changes the meta really. The ones in the middle will have to rely on repair, balance in the cases of Fox/Adam, etc.

21 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Most of the high speed counselors have terrible composure. Make low composure more consequential and high composure more powerful. Completely changes the meta really. The ones in the middle will have to rely on repair, etc.

Consequential as in? I already get pissed off enough giving Jason a free grab stumbling right into Jason’s arms 😂 it’s frustrating bc I didn’t even die to Jason working for it or bc it was my own mistake. Dying to a stupid stumble out of your control is the dumbest way to die. I wouldn’t want low comp counselors trippin more than they do now. I’m not saying I always trip into Jason’s arms but it has happened plenty of times I’m sure to all of us

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Not a fan of this idea.. only because Vanessa will benefit, as @DontZzz34 said.  She already out pace a running Jason while jogging, not losing stamina will only force her to burn it when Jason shifts.  I do agree with making low composure consequential, which can be fixing it so they recover it slower, which is the drawback of having high composer currently.

14 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Consequential as in? I already get pissed off enough giving Jason a free grab stumbling right into Jason’s arms 😂 it’s frustrating bc I didn’t even die to Jason working for it or bc it was my own mistake. Dying to a stupid stumble out of your control is the dumbest way to die. I wouldn’t want low comp counselors trippin more than they do now. 

This is why I play No Fear Jenny :P

When you accidentally step into a bear trap, instead of calling the cops, give them the ability to call their lawyers instead. The voice dialogues will be counselors explaining how they're planning to sue the camp and claim ownership of it.

After completing this action, have a countdown arrival timer in the form of a calendar. Jason will also be stunned and his recovery time will be in 3 years. The lore behind this is that Jason is IP of the camp and due to the legal battle between your lawyers and the owners of the camp, Jason must cease any further activity.

You'll have 3 years to repair the cars or boats to escape before Jason recovers from stun. Once the countdown on the calendar finishes, the police escape routes will be replaced with men in suits and the escape cut scene will be a scene of the plaintiff and defendant reaching a settlement.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Not a fan of this idea.. only because Vanessa will benefit, as @DontZzz34 said.  I do agree with making low composure consequential, which can be fixing it so they recover it slower, which is the drawback of having high composer currently.

This is why I play No Fear Jenny :P

That would be a huge benefit to no fear Jenny 

52 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

That would be a huge benefit to no fear Jenny 

Actually, not really, lol, since she never goes into deep fear.  Jennys w/ other build and other counselors like Mitch with an altered composure stat will however.  It would balance out Vanessa, but Chad would suffer quite a lot, reducing his solo capabilities against a good Jason.

15 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Consequential as in? I already get pissed off enough giving Jason a free grab stumbling right into Jason’s arms 😂 it’s frustrating bc I didn’t even die to Jason working for it or bc it was my own mistake. Dying to a stupid stumble out of your control is the dumbest way to die. I wouldn’t want low comp counselors trippin more than they do now. I’m not saying I always trip into Jason’s arms but it has happened plenty of times I’m sure to all of us

I'd make composure work in tiers.

But to your point, the reason people feel so comfortable being around him in groups or even solo if they have meta counselors is because they can outpace him up close, even if they trip. Take that away and you have play a different way or die more.

1-3 Composure - Fall instead of trip, so if its 5 Vanessas/Bugsy/Tiffs looking to troll or beat on Jason, you'll open him up to many chances to kill groups, something he really doesn't have besides a combat system that's wonky. Force these types of counselors to actually do something besides rely on Tommy or the timeout win for a change.

4-7 Composure - Trip as seen, sometimes fall

8-10 Composure - Rarely trip and in the case of the no fear build, pretty much never

People may not like the RNG element to it, but the way I see it. They built the game on RNG minus some of the fixed spray and shottie spawns.

I'd elaborate more on how the game could be more complex, but given the state of things and past performance and ominous notions of the future. The stale game will remain, so I can't be bothered to expand more.

11 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I'd make composure work in tiers.

But to your point, the reason people feel so comfortable being around him in groups or even solo if they have meta counselors is because they can outpace him up close, even if they trip. Take that away and you have play a different way or die more.

1-3 Composure - Fall instead of trip, so if its 5 Vanessas/Bugsy/Tiffs looking to troll or beat on Jason, you'll open him up to many chances to kill groups, something he really doesn't have besides a combat system that's wonky. Force these types of counselors to actually do something besides rely on Tommy or the timeout win for a change.

4-7 Composure - Trip as seen, sometimes fall

8-10 Composure - Rarely trip and in the case of the no fear build, pretty much never

People may not like the RNG element to it, but the way I see it. They built the game on RNG minus some of the fixed spray and shottie spawns.

I'd elaborate more on how the game could be more complex, but given the state of things and past performance and ominous notions of the future. The stale game will remain, so I can't be bothered to expand more.

Counselors falling down is one way to make Jason’s job way toooooooooo damn easy for him and giving low comp counselors barely any chance. That’s just like handing Jason free kills without having to put in any work. What about for counselors who run solo and prefer to stn?? You know not everyone likes to go for escapes... 

I know there’s an issue with people ganging up on Jason, fighting, de masking, killing, and trolling him constantly. The reason people are so comfortable around him is the devs didn’t make him destructive enough. For this to be fixed jason needs a big combat buff. And unrealistic changes would be to let jason destroy/throw furniture, and throw counselors. 

I'd like to hear actual dialogue between counselors. Counselors should run into each other during the match and exchange dialogue like "I'm so glad you're still alive!" "What the hell is going on?!" "We need a way out of here" "Everybody remain calm!". Maybe even character specific dialogue like Mitch running into Tommy... "You gotta help us get out of here, man!!". People have mics to communicate, but it feels like the counselors themselves should have some sort of dialogue or interaction between each other besides just the usual whimpering when they see their dead bodies.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2020 at 3:48 PM, silencedeffect said:

I'd like to hear actual dialogue between counselors. Counselors should run into each other during the match and exchange dialogue like "I'm so glad you're still alive!" "What the hell is going on?!" "We need a way out of here" "Everybody remain calm!". Maybe even character specific dialogue like Mitch running into Tommy... "You gotta help us get out of here, man!!". People have mics to communicate, but it feels like the counselors themselves should have some sort of dialogue or interaction between each other besides just the usual whimpering when they see their dead bodies.

Cool idea 

ya they should remove the dead body scare thing i mean in real life i saw a dead body wen i was about 9 or 10 after that i  seen a few an it dont make me react like the charcters in the game  they are all over doin it to an extrem thats wierd

3 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

ya they should remove the dead body scare thing i mean in real life i saw a dead body wen i was about 9 or 10 after that i  seen a few an it dont make me react like the charcters in the game  they are all over doin it to an extrem thats wierd

Even though everyone doesn't react the same to a deceased body, the jump scare was in the spirit of the movies.

Some people in real life toughen up, and some things don't bother them.

On 1/9/2020 at 4:48 PM, silencedeffect said:

Dont know how they they never came up with this.

Makes more sense than, "Who is that, I can't look"💀

2 hours ago, Armani? said:

Dont know how they they never came up with this.

Makes more sense than, "Who is that, I can't look"💀

Actually yea, that would be cool.  Perhaps if an counselor has an key items they would have a associated dialogue "I have the keys" or "I gotta repair the fuse".  They'll only say this if Jason isn't around (or at least not on their mini-map >:3), gives stalk another utility.

5 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Actually yea, that would be cool.  Perhaps if an counselor has an key items they would have a associated dialogue "I have the keys" or "I gotta repair the fuse".  They'll only say this if Jason isn't around (or at least not on their mini-map >:3), gives stalk another utility.

This would be nice. Had a match the other night where someone grabbed the fuse and happened to be buddies with Jason. the 4 seater was destroyed by another Jason friend by driving it into lake. I got out in 2 seater with another guy and came back as tommy. I wasnt sure who the teamers were as I was on the other side of map getting out with 2 seater when i heard about the teaming. So I went to shack with a guy saying he wanted to kill jason and that was the only way out as someone was hording the fuse. We grabbed sweater and I get jasons mask off. I tell him to use sweater and his response was, it doesnt work. he ran up a bunch of times and just kept saying, nah, it doesnt work. Turns out he was the teamer with Jason and now had fuse and sweater.. lol Needless to say I had to run around and survive the night rest of match. The Jason tried trolling saying how did that fuse and sweater work out for you, but he couldnt gloat much as he didn't kill me anyways.. qp in a nut shell most nights.. lol