Dunken

My mindset when im at the lobby & how I compensate for a low level team

When I'm at the lobby one of the first things I do is look at the counselors that my teammates are playing. If they're playing mostly runners like Vanessa, Brandon, Tiffany etc, than I choose Deborah as my go to to compansate my teams ineffectiveness to repair. If it's mostly repair counselors that my teammates are, than I swap to Vanessa or Victoria to be able to deliver parts. If my team is a variety of counselors of not too many runners and repairs, then I swap to Fox. For me, it's a cycle between Fox, Vanessa, and Deborah. I stopped playing male counselors simply because I ALWAYS want the kill option on the table. Keep in mind I'm not counting player level/skill since that is a topic for another time and this is an outline to what I do and maybe something you guys can look at and take notes from.

• Like 1

Sounds good, I hope your playstyle inspires other players as well.

Have to also look at the skill levels. Cant count how many times ive played Tiffany thinking there were enough repair players in the lobby, for them to all just dive under beds at the start or run around aimlessly because they have no clue. lol. Chad is someone I like in these instances, as he has good speed and his high luck allows for good good skill checks if you spam it a couple of times. he loses map and runs out of stamina quicker then Vanessa/Tiffany so just have to be aware of both. Leave flash light on, get away from Jason when his fear rises and duck into cabins to regain staimina/reduce fear.

i always play as repair characters & plan on fixing everything i can get my hands on. my main squeeze is fox, so throw a restless perk on her & she is ready to run wild fixing shit. yes, youll be making alot of noise & perhaps spilling a little gas here & there, but fox is the go to character for any lobby in my opinion. ive also noticed that most people playing as fox are always doin something. i love when im walkin along minding my own business then suddenly a follow fox comes rolling up in the two seater honk honk pickin me up. foxs roam in packs 😎

Well, low level lobby usually means low level Jason, so I don't really worry about it much. :P

Thing is, low level Jasons don't need to do much if most of the counselors are low level. So long as he knows how to trap objectives and nobody contributes to the objective but you, you'll probably not be able to get anything done. I suppose it depends on how low level we are talking about. Level 40s can probably step in a trap or put in a battery.

51 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Thing is, low level Jasons don't need to do much if most of the counselors are low level. So long as he knows how to trap objectives and nobody contributes to the objective but you, you'll probably not be able to get anything done. I suppose it depends on how low level we are talking about. Level 40s can probably step in a trap or put in a battery.

Depends, if its a full low level lobby, Jason gets a free lunch.  But even one good +150 player can dominate the game on a newish Jason.

Considering it's not hard to repair anything as Vanessa or Chad, it really doesn't matter to change your character.

5 clicks is nothing.

And I learned long ago that player level doesn't matter in the slightest. 

I set my counselor to random, and play whatever hand I'm dealt. You win some, lose some.

• Like 4

bumped.

low levels game are pretty fun if you're an experienced player because it's not as sweaty as the games with experienced players.

normally nowadays if i'm in that situation (which is 90% of the time) i try to fix objectives but it can be difficult if someone is holding the fuse but doesn't know what to do or someone has the keys but won't drop them, also checking the cabins back to back is important because most new players won't see the battery or the gas and if you've played the game enough, you know where they usually spawn. 

On 1/8/2020 at 11:24 PM, Fair Play said:

I set my counselor to random, and play whatever hand I'm dealt. You win some, lose some.

I'm a big fan of random on both sides. RARE do I choose ahead of time.  Like to learns the pros and cons of all characters.

Get to Lachappa! Oh wait, he's dead?

Vanessa wonder woman to the rescue. Guess we are going run around the long table cabin for 20 minutes.

Thick skin, medic, and marathon. 4 sprays and a pocket knife. Let's all pray he ain't slashing. 😂

SURVIVED. (Jason has left the lobby)

• Like 1

Deborah is my go-to gal. High repair and stealth and I can usually make Jason lose precious time chasing me. I've lost track of how many times other counselors have escaped while I've kept him occupied. And to me that counts as a win. Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

Usually after i die and i look through the camp ground and if i see people not doing anything but hiding in cabins i quit and move on to another lobby or start playing skyrim.

Usually if i become Tommy i will search for a female character player and try to get this person to follow me to the shack.

esp if the match has become a disaster and bodies are everywhere and nothings done.

6 hours ago, 45 RPM said:

I'm a big fan of random on both sides. RARE do I choose ahead of time.  Like to learns the pros and cons of all characters.

That's how I learned in this game. Play a random character, and learn to adapt on the fly.

• Like 4