FridayThe31st

Best Way to Hit Jason During the Kill

I can usually manage to get him to his knees with a heavy swing with the axe, 96% of the time or so it works. But then sometimes he just doesn’t go down, and I know killing Jason isn’t supposed to be something that is promised to happen every time you try it, I’m just wondering where the best spot to hit him is. I noticed the few times it didn’t work I was heavy attacking him from the front, and he just didn’t go down those few times. Other times it actually works when attacking him from the front. Most of the time it works from the back, as I’ve seen with some other people and what I’ve done myself, but I’m just wondering, does it make a difference where you hit him? 

(FYI, I’m not running any sucker punch on any of my characters. Unfortunately I only had the very low  sucker punch perk and it didn’t help with anything so I sold it. I’ve been trying to roll a better sucker punch perk for so long but I can never get it).

Kneel stun has nothing to do with where you hit him.  It's entirely tied to the stun chances of the weapon used.  Best two weapons are frying pan (yes, really) and bat.  Axe is likely the weapon used though, just because it's usually most convenient in many scenarios, and it's around 70%.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Kneel stun has nothing to do with where you hit him.  It's entirely tied to the stun chances of the weapon used.  Best two weapons are frying pan (yes, really) and bat.  Axe is likely the weapon used though, just because it's usually most convenient in many scenarios, and it's around 70%.

Thread answered!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I figured it might’ve been because of the fact that the axe doesn’t guarantee a stun, that’s why I began to use heavy attack because most of the time I’ll get a stun/get the kneel. That’s also why it’s good to have a 3rd person around with a bat or another melee weapon with good stun.

At first I thought I was doing something wrong with hitting him too early or something, but I’ve killed him many times and  almost every time we have everything he does get killed. It’s just those few times when I don’t get the stun. 

@FridayThe31st I know there is a lot of information out there that says you should use the Heavy attack, but it doesn't matter.  I think it's actually bad advise, because I've seen n00b Tommy's stay in Combat Stance, and he can't confirm the kill without toggling off it.  All swings have the same stun chance (again, only weapon determines it), heavy attack only increase damage. 

Personally, I believe only 2 players (Tommy + Sweater Girl) is ideal, since it requires less coordination with just two rather than a 3rd person.  As long as the Sweater knows how to cancel the sweater animation, she can also do the kneeling stun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

@FridayThe31st I know there is a lot of information out there that says you should use the Heavy attack, but it doesn't matter.  I think it's actually bad advise, because I've seen n00b Tommy's stay in Combat Stance, and he can't confirm the kill without toggling off it.  All swings have the same stun chance (again, only weapon determines it), heavy attack only increase damage. 

Personally, I believe only 2 players (Tommy + Sweater Girl) is ideal, since it requires less coordination with just two rather than a 3rd person.  As long as the Sweater knows how to cancel the sweater animation, she can also do the kneeling stun.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I’ve seen some Tommys hit him in combat stance and just stand there unable to get out. The only reason why I thought going into combat stance would work better (besides the fact that, like you said, there’s information put out there about it) is because when I use the axe to stun Jason, I get less stuns when I hit him without being in combat stance. While in combat stance as Tiffany I was able to get him down more than two times in a row — but then again that might just be because I got lucky and those particular times had more stuns. 

The cancel sweater technique is really helpful. I’ve done it a couple times and I had a baseball bat so it worked out perfectly, but sometimes I just don’t bother because the Tommy seems to be focused on hitting Jason himself, so if I try as well then it’s going to mess everything up (I don’t really use my mic so I don’t really communicate a solid plan half the time). I think two people (Tommy and SG) is fine to kill Jason with, but sometimes a third person can help with the stun and stuff, if in that case the Tommy decides to just stand around waiting for nothing and the person with the sweater doesn’t do the animation cancel thing, but sometimes when they don’t know what the hell theyre doing they mess it up for everybody and just keep hitting Jason over and over again. But anyway, thanks for the information. I really am trying to roll a good sucker punch perk to hopefully increase my odds of getting the stun with the axe every time with Tommy. The times I don’t kill Jason it’s either he doesn’t go down to his knees or (doesn’t happen anymore because I make sure to switch axes if avails and I also have a better durability perk) the axe would break just as he falls on his knees. Lol.

I pulled these stats from an old thread.  Are they still accurate stats?  I had no idea that the pan was so good at stunning Jason lol.

Pan: 4/4 Stun, 1/4 for anything else.

Pot: 3/4 Stun, 1/4 DMG, and 2/4 DUR

Plank: 2/4 Stun, 2/4 DMG, and 4/4 DUR

Fire-Poker: 1/2 Stun, 3/4 DMG, 1/2 DUR

Branch: 1/2 Stun, 1/2 DMG, and 3/4 DUR

Axe: 3/4 Stun, 4/4 DMG, and 1/2 DUR (Used to be 3/4 instead of 1/2. Hmm..)

Wrench: 3/4 Stun, 1/2 DMG and 1/2 DUR (Used to be 4/4 durability)

Pipe: 3/4 Stun, 1/2 DMG, and 3/4 DUR

Machete: 1/4 Stun, 4/4 DMG, 1/2 DUR (Used to be 3/4 DUR)

How do you do the sweater cancel? I've seen it mentioned a few times but not how to do it. I'm kinda new to the game so i don't know all these tricks yet. And it's hard to test stuff like that during a match because i want to get the job done without being a noob and ruining it. 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:27 AM, GeneiJin said:

Don't lie. Everyone knows it's a guaranteed drop if you hit him on his big toe of his left foot just after the sweater girl finishes the line "Jason mother is talking to you"

😂

On 1/5/2020 at 11:31 AM, GeneiJin said:

This is true

3 hours ago, masterkeef42o said:

How do you do the sweater cancel? I've seen it mentioned a few times but not how to do it. I'm kinda new to the game so i don't know all these tricks yet. And it's hard to test stuff like that during a match because i want to get the job done without being a noob and ruining it. 

You don't. That's an exploit. Exploits are bad. 😶

• Haha 1

Well, knowing that the final form of the game is nearly upon us, anything left in the game at that point is just considered the game. It would be worth learning if it's gonna happen to me too. One thing i won't do though, is knife cars. Never tried that and don't plan on it. I do have some honor. 

1 hour ago, masterkeef42o said:

One thing i won't do though, is knife cars. Never tried that and don't plan on it. I do have some honor. 

Thanks, I wish this was everybody’s opinion. Just had a match, in which the Jason „killed“ the car with 2 knives. First one caused the car to flip, the second knife  (never saw this happen) opened a black hole in the road and the car got sucked in and was gone for good.

Hope the patch comes soon and fixes this.

• Like 1

If the person who comes back as Tommy has sucker punch and hits him with an axe, any attack, Jason will go to his knees.  100% 

In my experience playing and coming back as Tommy, after I equipped sucker punch, I never failed.  Other people I played with also equipped the perk, and never failed.  

So, in my experience, the best method is to just have Tommy hit Jason with the axe to kneel him. Although if SG knows the sweater cancel and is carrying the  pan, then she should stun as the pan also has a 100% stun rate.  Seriously have never seen the pan not stun Jason when used by any counselor in almost 2 1/2 years of playing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Don't lie. Everyone knows it's a guaranteed drop if you hit him on his big toe of his left foot just after the sweater girl finishes the line "Jason mother is talking to you"

Shushhh..... Jason killing is already easy enough. 🤐

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You don't. That's an exploit. Exploits are bad. 😶

😶