Sign in to follow this  

I’ve been thinking about which survivor I would of liked to return in a sequel the most (excluding Tommy) and decided my personal favourite would have been Ginny Field. 

Anybody else on here know who they would of liked to see return the most?

• Like 1

Well...there are a lot of ways to answer this question.

If the game were the same game, with just a new paint job. Unless they made that survivor a hero character with 10/10 stats or gave them good luck/speed/stamina. Then nobody or very few would main them. So having such a character around would be merely for nostalgia. Like Shelly for example. Fox probably gets played the most of the post launch characters.

If the game were a new game, with a well thought out balance, instead of a lazy, lopisided meta on both sides. Then it could be interesting depending on the type of character they added.

Kay Em was a hero character with full stats, but she would be replacing Tommy on one map most likely.

I would've liked to see Tina, provided they made her more of a real offensive threat compared to Tommy. You could've kept the loadout for Tommy as is, as more of a balanced/at best defensive based hero character. Tina could be more offensive based, but she wouldn't have a pocket knife or first aid or shottie to start. Instead various telekinetic abilities with a cooldown menu similar to Jason that have deteriorating effects over constant use.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well...there are a lot of ways to answer this question.

If the game were the same game, with just a new paint job. Unless they made that survivor a hero character with 10/10 stats or gave them good luck/speed/stamina. Then nobody or very few would main them. So having such a character around would be merely for nostalgia. Like Shelly for example. Fox probably gets played the most of the post launch characters.

If the game were a new game, with a well thought out balance, instead of a lazy, lopisided meta on both sides. Then it could be interesting depending on the type of character they added.

Kay Em was a hero character with full stats, but she would be replacing Tommy on one map most likely.

I would've liked to see Tina, provided they made her more of a real offensive threat compared to Tommy. You could've kept the loadout for Tommy as is, as more of a balanced/at best defensive based hero character. Tina could be more offensive based, but she wouldn't have a pocket knife or first aid or shottie to start. Instead various telekinetic abilities with a cooldown menu similar to Jason that have deteriorating effects over constant use.

Oh yeah Tina would have been cool in the game! I meant in the movies though, like who would you have liked to see return in a sequel (except Tommy as he already did return in sequels)  

I know you said not to say tommy but I’m including him bc we didn’t see enough of part 6 tommy in the movies. He was the best tommy to watch. Having him as a main hero character throughout the rest of the movies After part 6 would’ve been awesome. Kinda like how they had loomis in Halloween 1-6 play the hero role. And Megan Garris could’ve been tied into the sequels after part 6 as well. Her and tommy could’ve been dating or something in the sequels 

this would’ve been a lot better route to take then what they did with all the rest of the movies. The telekinesis powers in part 7 was kinda silly (still liked the movie) and part 8 was dumb but still good. Part 9 was pure crap. Jason x dumb as hell but still good. Including Freddy was stupid imo. I believe keeping the movie as OG as possible would’ve been much better! 

look at Halloween franchise. The originals didn’t try changing too much with it and it was a huge success. Friday the 13th movies kinda lost their touch after part 6. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I know you said not to say tommy but I’m including him bc we didn’t see enough of part 6 tommy in the movies. He was the best tommy to watch. Having him as a main hero character throughout the rest of the movies After part 6 would’ve been awesome. Kinda like how they had loomis in Halloween 1-6 play the hero role. And Megan Garris could’ve been tied into the sequels after part 6 as well. Her and tommy could’ve been dating or something in the sequels 

Thinking about it, I agree with you, it would of been very cool to see Tommy and Megan return after part 6

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Thinking about it, I agree with you, it would of been very cool to see Tommy and Megan return after part 6

I agree with this sentiment as well!

I also would like to see Tina from part 7 and Chris from part 3 return as well....in some capacity.

• Like 1

In the next movie, if we ever get one, none of them. 

Watching Jason chase around senior citizen aged women doesn't sound like my idea of a good movie. 

Seriously, Dana Kimmell aka Chris turns 61 this year.  Jennifer Cooke aka Megan turns 56, 

Going by the way the movies went, none of them would have made sense to come back.  Ginny was an emotional wreck, Chris probably never saw the outside of a padded room, Pam and Part V don't matter, Tommy or Megan don't make sense to come back in the way they decided to do "Carrie vs Jason", Tina made no sense to come back in part 8 because it went to NY, and it's a straight dumpster fire after that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree with this sentiment as well!

I also would like to see Tina from part 7 and Chris from part 3 return as well....in some capacity.

I would also love Chris to return!

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

Watching Jason chase around senior citizen aged women doesn't sound like my idea of a good movie. 

Seriously, Dana Kimmell aka Chris turns 61 this year.  Jennifer Cooke aka Megan turns 56, 

Going by the way the movies went, none of them would have made sense to come back.  Ginny was an emotional wreck, Chris probably never saw the outside of a padded room, Pam and Part V don't matter, Tommy or Megan don't make sense to come back in the way they decided to do "Carrie vs Jason", Tina made no sense to come back in part 8 because it went to NY, and it's a straight dumpster fire after that. 

I sort of agree with you however I feel like it could possibly take a similar route to Halloween 2018. Jason could return to camp crystal lake and start murdering the counsellors as usual. Then, one of the original final girls could return to hunt him down. 

I don’t know I just liked how Halloween had Laurie change her own narrative and become a fighter and not a victim. It could work well with Ginny, Chris or Trish maybe too.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

don’t know I just liked how Halloween had Laurie change her own narrative and become a fighter and not a victim. It could work well with Ginny, Chris or Trish maybe too.

I loved that too, it was really cool to see the victim be absolutely strapped to the teeth and be ready to deal with Michael. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, SirMang said:

F13 has a little bit of a screwed up time line / continuity....lol  nowhere near as screwed up as Halloween but the next F13 could easily be a bit of a soft reboot with these characters still playing themselves or small cameos...or even training a team or their own kids to be ready for Jason’s return? Ahhh possibilities......

either way I would just be happy knowing a new film was in the works they should definitely grab Tom McLouglin to do it I read he wants to come back and even wrote a new screenplay.

15 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I sort of agree with you however I feel like it could possibly take a similar route to Halloween 2018. Jason could return to camp crystal lake and start murdering the counsellors as usual. Then, one of the original final girls could return to hunt him down. 

I don’t know I just liked how Halloween had Laurie change her own narrative and become a fighter and not a victim. It could work well with Ginny, Chris or Trish maybe too.

I agree with you on this idea as well!

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 2:40 AM, IcrazyKid855 said:

I like your idea don't get me wrong, but don't we already have something similar to this in the remake, minus one of the original final girls from the other movies. I would love to see Ginny, Megan or Tommy return in a movie though, It would be nice if they got the original actors that play them. Yes they may not be big time actors, but I'd rather get that nostalgia feeling when seeing them, besides enough with this Tommy actor swapping bs and just bring back the actor that plays part 6 Tommy and see how it goes from there. Now if the original actors don't want to come back, it's fine. 

In this case, I would just leave the franchise alone unless there's a Part 2 remake comes by which I can't how they can pick up after the final events of the first remake, despite on what happens to Jason.  

The thing with Halloween and Laurie, I like how they did that too, hopefully on Halloween Ends, we see Myers being killed off for good (which probably won't happen) and the good opportunity to close this series on a good note. There's not much to rehash here anyways since we get the point on what Michael is which is a cold blooded killer that kills people at random and showing no remorse.  Sorry for the long write up, I find these topics interesting to talk about when it comes to future horror movies from our favorite old horror slashers. 

On 1/9/2020 at 3:16 PM, Friday-Fan-88 said:

The thing with Halloween and Laurie, I like how they did that too, hopefully on Halloween Ends, we see Myers being killed off for good (which probably won't happen) and the good opportunity to close this series on a good note. There's not much to rehash here anyways since we get the point on what Michael is which is a cold blooded killer that kills people at random and showing no remorse.  Sorry for the long write up, I find these topics interesting to talk about when it comes to future horror movies from our favorite old horror slashers. 

What!!!!

Killed off for good Absolutely Not!!!!!!

If there is one message that the original John Carpenter Film is continuously saying it is...

Evil never Dies.

The film makers should never kill him off that was one of my biggest gripes with Halloween H20 ( other than it feeling like a carbon copy of Scream.)

cutting his head off was so final....making his return in resurrection laughable.....in a poorly make film.

The question of him always being out there....and possibly returning feels more in the spirit of what John Carpenter had in mind for Halloween.

35 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

What!!!!

Kill him for good Absolutely Not!!!!!!

If there is one message that the original John Carpenter Film is continuously saying it is...

Evil never Dies.

The film makers should never kill him off that was one of my biggest gripes with Halloween H20 ( other than it feeling like a carbon copy of Scream.)

cutting his head off was so final....making his return in resurrection laughable.....

The question of him always being out there....and returning feels more in the spirit of what John Carpenter has in mind for Halloween.

After they cut his head off, I would of just left it there and not try to fix the mistake. I think they should of just went with remaking Halloween after that. If they don't kill him off, where could they go from here? Michael's story is already told and imo, I think Zombie fk'ed some things up in his remake with myers being innocent and all and the white horse bs lol wtf.  

The Halloween 2018 version of myers I like better. He's just some cold blooded dude in some mask killing people at random. Why? because he can. We don't need some brain examination on why he kills and make him out to be the "not so bad of a guy" Besides we already have this no so bad of a guy type killer and his name is Jason :D atleast he's innocent with him being bullied until he started killing ppl unlike Michael he was born with tendency to kill ppl. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

After they cut his head off, I would of just left it there and not try to fix the mistake. I think they should of just went with remaking Halloween after that.

I agree the crap fest that was resurrection should never have been made and a Remake would have been preferable....I always felt that H20 should have pulled the F13 part 5 trick and revealed that Michael was actually a psychotic Tommy Doyle who became obsessed with Michael and Laurie after the events of Halloween 1978.

I also agree Zombies films were a cluster fuck FUBAR to the series as well.😉

I also prefer what they are doing with the new film from 2018 and this version of Myers......I really like how they have the human and Supernatural elements just like the original.

If they don't kill him off, where could they go from here? Michael's story is already told and imo.

There is nothing wrong with ending a series with Ambiguity it’s how the original ended.....stabbed shot and still out there.....The series doesn’t have to end with his definitive Death.

I  think Zombie fk'ed some things up in his remake with myers being innocent and all and the white horse bs lol wtf.  

Dumpster Fire bro.....trashy and left me feeling like these were not Halloween movies.

The Halloween 2018 version of myers I like better. He's just some cold blooded dude in some mask killing people at random. Why? because he can. We don't need some brain examination on why he kills and make him out to be the "not so bad of a guy" Besides we already have this no so bad of a guy type killer and his name is Jason :D atleast he's somewhat innocent until he started killing ppl unlike Michael he was born with tendency to kill ppl. 

I agree 100% no answers are the way to go when dealing with his character.......Halloween night 1963 he snapped and no one can understand why or why he does what he does it makes everything that much creepier.....

Pure evil is better than Victimized Villain as well .....and you know what they say Evil never Dies...lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree the crap fest that was resurrection should never have been made and a Remake would have been preferable....I always felt that H20 should have pulled the F13 part 5 trick and revealed that Michael was actually a psychotic Tommy Doyle who became obsessed with Michael and Laurie after the events of Halloween 1978.

Tommy doyle being this psychotic obsessed killer would of been crap imo lol, just like Tommy was planned to take over Jason's role at killing people instead of playing the hero. 

I also agree Zombies films were a cluster fuck FUBAR to the series as well.😉

Zombie better keep his hands off Friday, he probably would fk it up and make Jason this innocent goalie player that just gone mad for being bullied and to show us why he chose to wear a hockey mask, LOL no fks given right there and no need to know why he wears it. 

I also prefer what they are doing with the new film from 2018 and this version of Myers......I really like how they have the human and Supernatural elements just like the original.

Yea I think it's better that way than making him this Frankenstein looking mfker like in H4, if you take a blow to the head with the end of a shotgun like Brady was hitting him with, it should hurt Michael not make him stand there like no damage is done to him like Mr. X from resident evil 2 if you ever heard or played that game before. 

There is nothing wrong with ending a series with Ambiguity it’s how the original ended.....stabbed shot and still out there.....The series doesn’t have to end with his definitive Death.

No it doesn't need to but it would be nice to have a nice satisfying ending to the series, instead of the same ending where he somehow escapes death just like what they did in Halloween 2018, realistically if he was full human he wouldn't of not be able to escape that fire trap especially when his fingers where blown off and shot with a rifle. I would like to see how he escaped though, they'll probably do a time jump to make us guess on how he escaped.   

Dumpster Fire bro.....trashy and left me feeling like these were not Halloween movies.

More like The Night When The Hobo Home lol

Pure evil is better than Victimized Villain as well .....and you know what they say Evil never Dies...lol

I'm more of a Jason fan than Michael, so my vote would go more to Jason lol. I like the pure evil killer type as well. 

• Like 1