Sign in to follow this  
FridayThe31st

Spawning Back As Tommy

I don’t know if you guys noticed this too, but Tommy isn’t always the 2nd person dead. I know that it favors dead players, so if one died and some others escaped, the one who died would come back. But I also noticed that it can also be the first person who died coming back. I killed Jason three times in a row last night, and all three times I was fighting him head on with a machete trying to deal the most damage. Obviously then I was expecting him to kill me. One of the times we were in a group all fighting him, but I was always the one to die first mainly on purpose because I wanted to come back as Tommy. Both times right after I died (well, a few minutes after) somebody else died. And I was scared they might come back, but all three times, I got Tommy. I don’t think it’s that when a certain amount of time has passed in the match that the first person will come back (because it was still the very beginning of the match and at one point, in one match, somebody died almost right after me), but could it be the amount of time that passes when somebody dies? In another match I was planning to come back as Tommy and wanted to die second, however I ended up dying a glitched kill (first) and then a Tiffany died right after me and then I was killed again since I was injured. And she got Tommy. Is this  a random selection or what?

(I also know that when somebody leaves the match the first person who dies will come back as Tommy).

from what i understand it goes like this..

if tommy is called before anyone dies, it will be one of the first two that die or escape, favoring the dead, even more so if they have been betrayed. this is not a  guarantee as sometimes the escaped player returns. if tommy is called late in the match after many have died, most likely it will be the last one who died, still not a guarantee as ive seen the first dead return to my suprise. if tommy comes back & is not cooperating, shuve his face down in your crotch and hit the gas. he'll do "whatever you say"

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, emchapps said:

I play a lot, and in my experience it seems to be completely random!

I agree!

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

from what i understand it goes like this..

if tommy is called before anyone dies, it will be one of the first two that die or escape, favoring the dead, even more so if they have been betrayed. this is not a  guarantee as sometimes the escaped player returns. if tommy is called late in the match after many have died, most likely it will be the last one who died, still not a guarantee as ive seen the first dead return to my suprise. if tommy comes back & is not cooperating, shuve his face down in your crotch and hit the gas. he'll do "whatever you say"

Ohh, that explains what just happened when I was playing earlier. Two people left  the match and even though nobody called for Tommy yet, I decided I’d fight Jason head on while they are calling for Tommy. I was even more so tempted to do this because of the fact that somebody was getting the sweater from the island, I saw by the minimap. This was the same person that was Tommy the last round and I was sweater girl, but a stupid random jenny messed up the kill. 

So I dropped my pocket knife and the keys and fought jason, getting a few good hits on him before I finally let him get me. A Kenny started hitting Jason while he was killing me, obviously doing nothing except getting himself killed after that. So 2 of us were now dead. Because of the fact that two people left before, I figured I’d definitely come back as Tommy. And I watched the AJ who had the sweater call for Tommy. And a few seconds later, I saw the Tommy icon on the player who died after me! To say the least I got pretty annoyed 1) because I had died first (technically third because of the people who had left), and 2) Tommy was the low level random who messed up the kill last round when he successfully got Jason down to his knees and just KEPT hitting him until he got back up.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification that it’s random. Now, like I’ve been doing,  I’m not going to try and die in any specific order when I spawn into a match trying to attack Jason then come back as Tommy for a kill.