Do you guys think that the game will be available on the upcoming next gen consoles like PS5 and Series X? 

I really hope so but at this point I’m doubting it.  

• Like 1

According to Sony, F13 will be playable on the PS5 as they are going to have backwards compatibility. I doubt they will produce an actual PS5 version of the game though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

According to Sony, F13 will be playable on the PS5 as they are going to have backwards compatibility. I doubt they will produce an actual PS5 version of the game though. 

Hell no they won't. But it'll be awesome not to be inhibited by frame lag in private matches. I doubt the new console will have much of a positive effect on any of the problems that arise in public matches though. Assuming of course that there's still a playerbase after the PS5 launches. 

• Like 1

The consoles are suppose to be backwards compatible by default.

I would be more concerned about the servers for matchmaking and game progression for this game being up and running by the time these new consoles are released and going into 2021+.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

They still have not implemented an offline progression system outside of the Switch version

That sounds like progress to me

3 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Anything could happen and the servers could remain up and running for years to come. I hope the other versions of the game get an offline save solution. I just don't think that is realistic.

I think offline saves will be realistic. I just don't think the game will be bug free when they stop offering bug fixes.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

I don't think the concern should be whether or not it's backwards compatible as I believe that is suppose to be available by default on the next gen console(s). If it requires the devs or for the platform holders to port over the game then it night not be possible due to the limitations put on this game. From what I understand it is going to be natively supported on the next Xbox.

I think the actual concern should be is whether or not the servers will still be up and running a year from now and/or whether or not the game get's delisted. They still have not implemented an offline progression system outside of the Switch version so without that the other platforms will only have the default loadouts and Jason(s) if the servers are shut down and you stick to offline against bots.

Anything could happen and the servers could remain up and running for years to come. I hope the other versions of the game get an offline save solution. I just don't think that is realistic given the history of this game.

Thanks for the information, and yeah I agree I also think it’s unlikely other versions will get an offline save solution.

1 minute ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I also think it’s unlikely other versions will get an offline save solution.

Matt has said numerous times that before the servers go down for good, we will have access to our saved data offline. According to him, they want to get all the bug/glitches and other pressing matters taken care of before worrying about player side saved data.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Matt has said numerous times that before the servers go down for good, we will have access to our saved data offline. According to him, they want to get all the bug/glitches and other pressing matters taken care of before worrying about player side saved data.

Oh okay, I was unaware he said this but thanks for letting me know! 

4 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Do you guys think that the game will be available on the upcoming next gen consoles like PS5 and Series X? 

I really hope so but at this point I’m doubting it.  

Good topic!

yeah the Ps5 and new X-box are going to feature/support backwards capabilities...this is a big selling point for me as I tend to wait a long time to buy new consoles because I usually have. Large stack of games I still haven’t played through on the current gen system.

so having this feature may get me to buy it once it hits retailers.

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I don't know why they won't revert back to client side servers when official ones are kaput

They probably will since that's what happens when the dedicated servers go down now.

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Good topic!

yeah the Ps5 and new X-box are going to feature/support backwards capabilities...this is a big selling point for me as I tend to wait a long time to buy new consoles because I usually have. Large stack of games I still haven’t played through on the current gen system.

so having this feature may get me to buy it once it hits retailers.

Yeah I should have done my research before posting this as I didn’t even know they were going to have backward compatibility lmao. I’m just happy we will be able to continue playing this game (fingers crossed the servers are still up).

Now I’m wondering if our progress will be able to carry over? Possibly through our Xbox/PS accounts maybe? 

1 hour ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Yeah I should have done my research before posting this as I didn’t even know they were going to have backward compatibility lmao. I’m just happy we will be able to continue playing this game (fingers crossed the servers are still up).

Now I’m wondering if our progress will be able to carry over? Possibly through our Xbox/PS accounts maybe? 

Hey no worries buddy not everyone knows the ins and outs of these next gen consoles this gets people posting and that’s good.

I do hope progress carries over with this and all other game as well!

• Like 1