Sign in to follow this  
nico

uninstalling digital version for disc version

hi I have the game installed on my Xbox digitally and I want to get the bloody skin for savini Jason, will uninstalling the digital version and installing the disc version keep all my stats and progress the same? They’re insanely good numbers and I’m also max level, I really don’t want to lose anything. thanks

2 hours ago, nico said:

hi I have the game installed on my Xbox digitally and I want to get the bloody skin for savini Jason, will uninstalling the digital version and installing the disc version keep all my stats and progress the same? They’re insanely good numbers and I’m also max level, I really don’t want to lose anything. thanks

When it comes to Xbox One games there is no difference between Disc and Digital other than the disc being out of date when there are post release title updates. If you already own the digital version of the game there is no reason to install the game from the disc. The Xbox One uses the same gamesave and the game itself uses the same serverside stored game progression when using the same account (gamertag). You will have the same progression and unlocks when using the same gamertag account.

The disc itself is already out of date and would automatically download the latest version of the game from Xbox Live which requires a full download of the game since this game is not optimized for smaller sized and more focused patches. If you installed the disc when disconnected from Xbox Live then you would then need to update the game to the current available build. The license for the digital game overrules the disc anyway so there is no need to even keep the disc in the console. Th

The DLC loaded from the disc works with the digital version of the game without needing the disc in the console but there is an issue with some of the DLC but there is a workaround to fix that problem. 

There is a conflict with the part 7 kill pack and the disc exclusive counselor clothing pack. You can find out more information on that here:  

• Thanks 1

I have the game on ps4 and can confirm all progression is saved online. How I know is because a few weeks ago the ps4 wasn't turned off properly and I had to wipe the memory just to be able to go on. 

Everything was saved after re-installing the game: badges, tapes, achievements, dlc. Only things not saved were what clothing/perks/kills/bloody skins/emotes I had equipped. 

I'm new to gaming. Can you buy the PC version of the game on Steam, progress in levels and then carry that progress over to a PS4 console later on? Or do you have to start from scratch when you finally get a PS4 console? I don't have a PS4 yet and won't be able to get one for months but I can buy the PC version of this game on Steam in about a week.

1 hour ago, Jason Lover said:

I'm new to gaming. Can you buy the PC version of the game on Steam, progress in levels and then carry that progress over to a PS4 console later on? Or do you have to start from scratch when you finally get a PS4 console? I don't have a PS4 yet and won't be able to get one for months but I can buy the PC version of this game on Steam in about a week.

Progress is saved on the servers relevant for each platform. PC progress is tied to PC.

Does anyone happen to know how it would work for the PS4? I've gotten all the backer exclusives and DLCs, only thing left is the physical disc exclusives (medium bloody skins and clothing). So if I were to get a disk for those exclusives, would I have to play on it just to be able to access them, or would they still be unlocked if I were to go on the digital version?

55 minutes ago, SilentVob said:

Progress is saved on the servers relevant for each platform. PC progress is tied to PC.

POOP!

@aurllcooljay did you back the PS4 version? If so, I believe getting the disc would unlock whatever exclusives come with it. I don't think you would have to uninstall your digital version, rather just download the dlc associated with the disc. Don't know for sure but I think @mattshotcha would know

37 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@aurllcooljay did you back the PS4 version? If so, I believe getting the disc would unlock whatever exclusives come with it. I don't think you would have to uninstall your digital version, rather just download the dlc associated with the disc. Don't know for sure but I think @mattshotcha would know

@aurllcooljay If I'm not mistaken, you can just grab the disc and install the exclusives. You'll need to install the disc anyhow, and the exclusives are in that initial install. I'm going to check with our support team though to double check. Sit tight and I'll edit once I've confirmed.

EDIT: The backer exclusives are an entitlement on your account, so they'll be there. But for the physical exclusives you'll need to use the installed physical and disc. If you do that, your backer exclusives will work with your physical copy.

12 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

EDIT: The backer exclusives are an entitlement on your account, so they'll be there. But for the physical exclusives you'll need to use the installed physical and disc. If you do that, your backer exclusives will work with your physical copy.

Thanks, but I'm referring to the physical edition exclusive. So lets say I download the disk version and equip all my counselors and Jasons with the physical disk clothing and medium bloody skins. If I stop using the disk and play on the digital version will the clothing and bloody skins still be there or do I have to be on the disk version?

11 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Thanks, but I'm referring to the physical edition exclusive. So lets say I download the disk version and equip all my counselors and Jasons with the physical disk clothing and medium bloody skins. If I stop using the disk and play on the digital version will the clothing and bloody skins still be there or do I have to be on the disk version?

No, those are disc related, not entitlements. So you'll need to play the disc version for those, plus the entitlements from backing the game.

• Thanks 1