Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

What If? (Perk Adjustments)

Like my previous what if topic, none of this is likely to ever happen. With that said, what changes (if any) would you have like to have seen with our perks?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would alter Medic.  Make it only double the first spray or offer 100% heal.  It doesn't need to double every spray.  I'm talking about this from a counselor PoV rather than Jason's.  Too strong and easy to over utilize .

I would have liked to enroll an „oppossum perk“: by activating it, your counselor drops dead on the floor for like 15 seconds, not sensible by Jason for this time period, after that still alive.

Other than the pure coincidence / time consuming perk slot machine, I would have rather preferred a „buying with XP“ function, like „epic Marathon cost you 25.000 XP“.

Would have made this part a lot easier (but hey, what is easy, if you are to play for a silver trophy 1000 matches as Jason...)

@GeneiJin, I could see your point in the name of balance.

@Wolledc, I like the sound of an opossum perk. Playing dead would have been fun.

A definitive perk acquisition / upgrade system would have been nice as well.

My biggest quarrel with our perks is the inability to have room to store at least one of each known perk in the game. I know there was talk in the past about fixing this possibly, but who knows at this point.

• Like 3

@Fair Play Absolutely.  With a full team running medic, it just playing into counselors favor to stick together and continue to heal for what seams like infinite sprays.  It's pretty difficult to for Jason to cripple an single counselor when a group has each others back, with the medic perk nerfed/gone, Jason is likely to break them up quicker as they run out of sprays.

legendary perks- have no drawbacks and bonuses to give higher percentages 

Sneaky perk- make it so when counselors dive out windows they get back up a bit quicker. 

Man at arms- buff this a lot. Mainly so it can help a low luck counselor like AJ into a better fighter. Give lower luck counselors 2-3 more swings In. Now at 14% legendary man@arms It does close to nothing. 

and give counselors 4 perk slots. But only if they buff Jason properly like I want them to

Get rid of perks all together.

Not kidding. 

They're either useless, like heavy sleeper, or overpowered, like thick skin.

20 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Not kidding. 

They're either useless, like heavy sleeper, or overpowered, like thick skin.

But without thick skin counselors are severely underpowered against a decent-good Jason. It’s way too easy to limp a counselor without it. Just a couple tk’s is all it takes. I think thick skin is fine tbh. 

@GeneiJin, I've been on both the giving and receiving end of the Medic scenario. Typically when I play Medic, I only grab a single spray and leave it at that. It makes me push a bit harder as a counselor, and gives Jason a fair shot against me.

@DontZzz34, I agree with the Legendary perks not having any penalties. They are supposed to be "legendary" after all...

@SirMang, if the perks had been removed, I'm guessing something else could have been implemented to compensate?

As far as making them all useful and somewhat balanced, that would have been a nice option if that could have happened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

@GeneiJin, I've been on both the giving and receiving end of the Medic scenario. Typically when I play Medic, I only grab a single spray and leave it at that. It makes me push a bit harder as a counselor, and gives Jason a fair shot against me.

It isn't so much that a single counselor gets extra sprays that is the problem, but how flexible it becomes once everyone has it and everyone benefits.  Even if you aren't using the perk, another counselor single use it then dies you can benefit on corpse loot.  Compared to the other "meta" perks, this one is completely bonkers w/ a skill squad.

10 hours ago, SirMang said:

I'm pretty sure majority of us will be apprehensive about losing something we've all spent about 20% of our total playtime obtaining.  I don't want my invested time in "Perk Purgatory" go to waste.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Even if you aren't using the perk, another counselor single use it then dies you can benefit on corpse loot.

Corpse loot, I've never heard it put like that before.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

All 45 perk slots should be available, maybe increase to 4 available in game.

Use an in game perk budget for those 4 perks. So lets say you have $10 to create a build with the meta perks running $4 and perks like easy listening being $1. That way you'd have less medic, hypochondriac, thick skin users and have more of a mix of perks with an uptick in some of the lesser used perks.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Corpse loot, I've never heard it put like that before.

Lol, just calling it for what it is.  You better believe that I'm watching that noob Tommy on my Map, and if I see that he got "Murdered", I'll rush over to his corpse for a possible PK 😂

• Haha 1

Well if there was any truth to the fanny pack leak idea from that reddit post. They were eventually going to allow a 4th item slot, but it was something you would have to find on the map and probably in limited capacity. If that were the case, it would be one of the most sensible balance things they would've done. Rather than give everybody the ability to have 7 fanny packs on the map. You spawn in maybe 2 or 3. Maybe you balance it further by slowing down the counselors who decide to use it by a speed and stamina point each or more.

In terms of medic. I do agree with the idea of making it only a double use one time. Another idea would simply be always having it come with a downside. The downside being a longer time to heal compared to not having it.

I'd rather they scrapped all the perks for the special abilities they were going to go with. Its clear despite the development time that they rushed towards launch because of all the whining they got because of delays on launch. Sure, they probably would've lead to some sort of meta given how how some stats completely outperform others. Still, I would've been curious to see if they could've been at least somewhat creative with them.

They probably have rough concepts of what they were going to be, but given how riled up the community gets over every thing they say. We probably won't ever see what they might've been.

On 12/31/2019 at 7:37 AM, Wolledc said:

I would have liked to enroll an „oppossum perk“: by activating it, your counselor drops dead on the floor for like 15 seconds, not sensible by Jason for this time period, after that still alive.

Man! This is a damn good idea, I actually wish this was in the game now.

11 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Lol, just calling it for what it is.  You better believe that I'm watching that noob Tommy on my Map, and if I see that he got "Murdered", I'll rush over to his corpse for a possible PK 😂

I do that all the time. Tommy's gone, so he won't miss his stuff...

11 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

They probably have rough concepts of what they were going to be, but given how riled up the community gets over every thing they say. We probably won't ever see what they might've been.

We are part of a very picky community. We know what we want.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

That's funny. Me too. 

17 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I still wish they'd have switched Tinkerer to increase the size of the skill checks.

That would have been nice.

• Like 1