I haven’t been on this forum for a very long time, however Wes recently hinted at a new project announcement on Twitter and I was wondering what you guys think it could be? 

I personally hope for them to be working on a Halloween game but I don’t know at this point. Any thoughts? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I haven’t been on this forum for a very long time, however Wes recently hinted at a new project announcement on Twitter and I was wondering what you guys think it could be? 

I personally hope for them to be working on a Halloween game but I don’t know at this point. Any thoughts? 

Do you have the link to this post.

most of the time this forum is all about proof.

I Will belive when i see it.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

With how poorly they’re treating Jason and the entire f13 game I honestly don’t want them to come out with a Halloween game. I’m afraid they’d make defeating Michael way too easy and they’d make another horror movie legend into looking like a bitch in their own game again. They don’t seem to know how to fix bugs/glitches or even do proper game balancing. I’d rather have a group of devs who know what they’re doing come out with a Halloween game

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Strigoi said:

This is all that I have seen on his feed and it's not much of anything. There is no doubt that Gun Media will have other project(s) in the works as a business but this doesn't appear to be any sort of "hint of an announcement". When they have something to say they will do so.

7 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Welcome back.

5 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

If anything, I’d want them to release the Slasher game they originally had planned before it turned into F13. 

I would have liked to have seen this as well. Too bad we can't turn back time.

55 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

With how poorly they’re treating Jason and the entire f13 game I honestly don’t want them to come out with a Halloween game. I’m afraid they’d make defeating Michael way too easy and they’d make another horror movie legend into looking like a bitch in their own game again. They don’t seem to know how to fix bugs/glitches or even do proper game balancing. I’d rather have a group of devs who know what they’re doing come out with a Halloween game

I'm not a developer, but I've got ideas for a halfway decent Halloween game. All I need is the cash and some decent coders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 3:49 AM, Ralph Voorhees said:

This is all that I have seen on his feed and it's not much of anything. There is no doubt that Gun Media will have other project(s) in the works as a business but this doesn't appear to be any sort of "announcement". When they have something to say they will do so.

Yeah at this point I’m just speculating, I really wish this means they could be announcing something soon. 

On 12/30/2019 at 11:13 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

If anything, I’d want them to release the Slasher game they originally had planned before it turned into F13. 

I would love for them to do this as well to be honest

On 12/31/2019 at 4:46 AM, Fair Play said:

Welcome back. 

Thanks, I’ve missed this forum. 

7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

There is no proof needed. @IcrazyKid855 said they “hope” a Halloween game was going to go into development. They didn’t post a year old YouTube video that was speculation and try to pass it off as truth. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

This is all that I have seen on his feed and it's not much of anything. There is no doubt that Gun Media will have other project(s) in the works as a business but this doesn't appear to be any sort of "announcement". When they have something to say they will do so.

I didn’t mean that this was the announcement, I meant this tweet of Obama saying “not really, maybe, it’s classified” could mean that maybe an announcement is coming soon, however it’s purely speculation.

21 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Thanks, I’ve missed this forum. 

You're welcome.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

😭 One can hope man.....

• Like 1

I've heard the supposed Halloween game rumblings as well and wondered where they came from. I'd be on board with that, for the record. With Gun's attention to detail, a proper '78 style Myers experience would be intriguing. There's a fan game out there for PC that was fun to mess around with which probably cost nothing to make. In the hands of a decent developer (smirk) and a budget of some kind it could be cool.

• Like 3

More than likely, it will just be Danielle Harris and Jamie Lee Curtis beating his ass over and over with a baseball bat, while dancing over him in lingerie. Maybe they won't make the mistake of allowing the babysitters to kill him since in the films, he mostly gets away/runs away minus an entry or two.

Starting 5 babysitters

1. Laurie Strode

2. Bob

3. Tommy Doyle from Halloween 6

4. Busta Rhymes Character

5. Annie

Unlock-able 5

6. Jamie Lloyd - at level 145

7. Rachel - at level 80

8. Sheriff Meeker - at level 10

9.  Rob Zombie's Laurie - at level 15

10. Daniel - at level 3

Hero = Loomis

Starting 3 Villains 

1. 78 Myers

2. Halloween 5 Myers

3. Halloween H20 Myers

Unlock-able Villains

4. Halloween 2 Myers - at level 20

5. Halloween 4 Myers - at level 40

6. Halloween 6 Myers - at level 10

7. Halloween 8 Myers - at level 80

8. Rob Zombie's Myers - at level 100

9. Rob Zombie's Hobo Myers - at level 120

10. Halloween 2018 Myers - at level 145

11. Silver Shamrock Robot - at level 150

The first clothing pack will be a Christmas clothing pack. The second clothing pack will be a prom clothing pack. They will make small versions of the 3 launch maps.

The 3 launch maps

1. Haddonfield 1978

2. Haddonfield Memorial

3. Haddonfield 1988

The small versions of those maps come next.

After that, the final two maps before the lawsuit will be...

4. Smith's Grove

5. Northern California Private School Campus From H20

The final 4 DLC babysitters will be...

1. Ben Tramer from 1978

2. Kara Strode from H6

3. John from H20

4. Sheriff Bracket from 1978

The final 2 DLC villains will be...

1. The Man In Black from H6

2. Conal Cochran from H3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

More than likely, it will just be Danielle Harris and Jamie Lee Curtis beating his ass over and over with a baseball bat, while dancing over him in lingerie. Maybe they won't make the mistake of allowing the babysitters to kill him since in the films, he mostly gets away/runs away minus an entry or two.

Starting 5 babysitters

1. Laurie Strode

2. Bob

3. Tommy Doyle from Halloween 6

4. Busta Rhymes Character

5. Annie

Unlock-able 5

6. Jamie Lloyd - at level 145

7. Rachel - at level 80

8. Sheriff Meeker - at level 10

9.  Rob Zombie's Laurie - at level 15

10. Daniel - at level 3

Hero = Loomis

Starting 3 Villains 

1. 78 Myers

2. Halloween 5 Myers

3. Halloween H20 Myers

Unlock-able Villains

4. Halloween 2 Myers - at level 20

5. Hallween 6 Myers - at level 10

6. Halloween 8 Myers - at level 80

7. Rob Zombie's Myers - at level 100

8. Rob Zombie's Hobo Myers - at level 120

9. Halloween 2018 Myers - at level 145

10. Silver Shamrock Robot - at level 150

The first clothing pack will be a Christmas clothing pack. The second clothing pack will be a prom clothing pack. They will make small versions of the 3 launch maps.

The 3 launch maps

1. Haddonfield 1978

2. Haddonfield Memorial

3. Haddonfield 1988

The small versions of those maps come next.

After that, the final two maps before the lawsuit will be...

4. Smith's Grove

5. Northern California Private School Campus From H20

The final 4 DLC babysitters will be...

1. Paul from 1978

2. Kara Strode from H6

3. John from H20

4. Sheriff Bracket from 1978

The final 2 DLC villains will be...

1. The Man In Black from H6

2. Conal Cochran from H3

Let’s just hope that if we do a get a Halloween game, there will be no lawsuit to prevent content lmao 

12 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I've heard the supposed Halloween game rumblings as well and wondered where they came from. I'd be on board with that, for the record. With Gun's attention to detail, a proper '78 style Myers experience would be intriguing. There's a fan game out there for PC that was fun to mess around with which probably cost nothing to make. In the hands of a decent developer (smirk) and a budget of some kind it could be cool.

I think so too, Gun for sure had some issues with this game but the attention to detail makes up for it in my opinion. I don’t feel like any other developer would have bothered to properly capture the setting of the Friday the 13th films like Gun did. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Starting 5 babysitters

Sounds like quite a famous and known scheme, but don’t forget the glitches and bugs we will of course see in this game

# Myers always getting stuck in the clothes line by crossing the back garden

# Jamie always being Frozen in a scream Timeloop whenever turning on the popcorn (same effect as firecrackers in F13) in the microwave

# Dr Samuel Loomis being unable to pick up his revolver once he left it behind in his car after arriving on Haddenfield small.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Call the TV station by 9pm to prevent kid's heads melting across America.

A virtual cabin Myers house full of Easter eggs. 

After Looms has emptied his revolver he tells everyone he encounters that "I shot him six times!" 

Michael '78 needs a bedsheet spook skin. And a William Shatner skin.

Laurie has superhuman marksmanship and can shoot both the eyes out of your head from halfway across the map.

Anyone can (and should) kill Busta Rhymes. 

NPC 'fake Michaels ', like the unlucky Ben Tramer. Accidentally kill one and you lose all your trick or treat candy. 

Everyone on the Rob Zombie maps swears like they've got Tourettes and all hate each other. 

Michael can replenish his strength by killing and eating dogs. 

Random player models will glitch and be replaced by Judith Myers' gravestone. 

Nobody will ever cop to teaching Michael to drive. 

Big Joe Grizzly cannot die. 

• Haha 2

@IcrazyKid855, please read the forum rules about multi posting and excessively long quoting.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 5:34 PM, IcrazyKid855 said:

I don’t feel like any other developer would have bothered to properly capture the setting of the Friday the 13th films like Gun did. 

Agree. The heartfelt job they did in recreating the film universe is something only passionate fans would've taken the time to do, and sadly, that aspect is almost always overlooked because of all the technical problems within the game.

• Like 1

mattshotchaposted Yesterday at 11:08 AM on Discord: 

@Brigadius While we are willing to confirm that Gun is not going anywhere any time soon, and we'll be continuing to focus on Horror Games, we are not ready to announce the next project at this time. Stay tuned.

I Just hope and pray That Gunmedia doesent get mixed up in some goofy generic horror franchise titles like Swamp Thing or Toxic Crusader.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Just hope and pray That Gunmedia doesent get mixed up in some goofy generic horror franchise titles like Swamp Thing or Toxic Crusader.

If this game has taught us anything, it's that they're probably better off just making a new IP next time. Sure, if you gave them something like Halloween they'd probably faithfully recreate a large part of it, but then it would probably get shut down by legal crap sooner than a new IP would.

If this new project, whatever it is, isn't a crowdfunded game, then I wouldn't expect any announcement until it's relatively close to release. Personally I'm hoping we get another game like this one, just with more polish. This game scratched an itch that Dead by Daylight can't with its hooks and generators. Feels like an actual multiplayer slasher game, while the competition were just multiplayer games with a slasher skin draped over them.

Oh, and SteveChristy, the Halloween rumours came from Wes Keltner tweeting .gifs at top Blumhouse people at around the same time he was talking about the possibility of a new project and how it was still in the pitching phase or something. That feels like it was a year ago, but if such a game were being made and it wasn't crowdfunded, we wouldn't hear about it yet.

1 hour ago, MichaelMemers said:

If this game has taught us anything, it's that they're probably better off just making a new IP next time. Sure, if you gave them something like Halloween they'd probably faithfully recreate a large part of it, but then it would probably get shut down by legal crap sooner than a new IP would.

If this new project, whatever it is, isn't a crowdfunded game, then I wouldn't expect any announcement until it's relatively close to release. Personally I'm hoping we get another game like this one, just with more polish. This game scratched an itch that Dead by Daylight can't with its hooks and generators. Feels like an actual multiplayer slasher game, while the competition were just multiplayer games with a slasher skin draped over them.

Oh, and SteveChristy, the Halloween rumours came from Wes Keltner tweeting .gifs at top Blumhouse people at around the same time he was talking about the possibility of a new project and how it was still in the pitching phase or something. That feels like it was a year ago, but if such a game were being made and it wasn't crowdfunded, we wouldn't hear about it yet.

Well Wes Keltner announced months ago on twitter that he wanted Kirk Hammett from Metallica to be involved with the next games soundtrack.

I Doubt that Kirk Hammett would be involved in a Halloween video game soundtrack.

Im just guessing and speculating but im thinking that Gunmedia has gotten Texas Chainsaw Massacre and they have also gotten Halloween.

Im just guessing here but i think Texas Chainsaw massacre may be Gunmedias next release.

Whatever our next game is, it will be horror, that I’m sure. I hope to collab with @KirkHammett on the soundtrack. His mixture of amazing musical talent and his love of horror, would be a perfect match.

What do you guys think? A deadly combo, right?

Besides your Halloween or Texas Chainsaw guesses, I could also imagine a video game Adaption for the „WRONG TURN“ Franchise.

Different from the gameplay in the first 2 possibilities (Halloween and Texas CM) in which again the players would only have to cope with only one villain per match, a „wrong turn“ game could take us to a different multiplayer level with like up to 15 players per lobby: 1-3 evil crazy cannibals against 10-12 players, trying to survive. Depending on how many players in the lobby we will have 1 or max. 3 cannibals.  

Basing on material of at least 7 (?) movies, there could be a lot of content like different maps (again like F13 the woods, I like the woods), a lot of different villains and survivors, many skins, weapons (like the crossbow kill), environmental kills or even escape ways (like reaching the plattform in the forest, repair the radio, calling rangers, etc).

personally, I would prefer something like Wrong Turn with many variables rather than Halloween (one evil guy forever stalking) or Texas Chainsaw (what weapon would we obviously see, of course the chainsaw).

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

Besides your Halloween or Texas Chainsaw guesses, I could also imagine a video game Adaption for the „WRONG TURN“ Franchise.

Different from the gameplay in the first 2 possibilities (Halloween and Texas CM) in which again the players would only have to cope with only one villain per match, a „wrong turn“ game could take us to a different multiplayer level with like up to 15 players per lobby: 1-3 evil crazy cannibals against 10-12 players, trying to survive. Depending on how many players in the lobby we will have 1 or max. 3 cannibals.  

Basing on material of at least 7 (?) movies, there could be a lot of content like different maps (again like F13 the woods, I like the woods), a lot of different villains and survivors, many skins, weapons (like the crossbow kill), environmental kills or even escape ways (like reaching the plattform in the forest, repair the radio, calling rangers, etc).

personally, I would prefer something like Wrong Turn with many variables rather than Halloween (one evil guy forever stalking) or Texas Chainsaw (what weapon would we obviously see, of course the chainsaw).

Well maybe your right it may be a horror franchise like Wrong Turn.

Im just thinking now that Illfonic got the Predator game, Friday the 13th probably opened the door for Gunmedia Wes Keltner and Illfonic to get big horror franchise names like Predator.

Im just guessing here but since its taking Wes Keltner and Gunmedia longer than Illfonics Predator game to be announced something tells me that Wes Keltner has got a big franchise titles that Gunmedia is negotiating or working on.

We know that the game will be a big enough horror franchise title for fans to order the soundtrack for the game with Kirk Hammett collaberation.

Im just guessing and speculating again but i seen Wes Keltner on twitter reply to Bill Mosley who was in texas chainsaw massacre and Wes said to Bill in the reply id like to work with you.

Usually video games dont get a soundtrack with celebrities like Kirk Hammett unless the video game is a HUGE well known franchise horror title like Texas Chainsaw Massacre.