I got told by some people that this has been in the game since release in May 2017, but You drop either your weapon or inventory item buy your feet,  grab it again, and you can get out of the sweater animation easily? Got inspired to do that by @hab007GE. Honestly, I've done this lots of times when killing Jason with the Tommy player to get out of the animation, stun him, and have the Tommy player press the on screen button. Surviving the night if Tommy dies or escapes, i use it at the last 5 seconds of the game, if his mask is off, stunning him where he's dropping to his knees repeatedly just for laughs. im pretty sure I've pissed of a lot of Jason players doing that.

Edited by GamingNerd93
Changing a sentence.

Never heard of this before, but if this really works, I am afraid all female counselors will make a run for the cabin from now on, just to get this „immortality shield“.

Never did it before, but if this would happen to me as Jason (repeatedly being stunned with the same sweater and counselor just trolling) it would be the first time I would end this game as Jason (ragequit).

Hope the upcoming hotfix has also a solution for this...

4 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Never heard of this before, but if this really works, I am afraid all female counselors will make a run for the cabin from now on, just to get this „immortality shield“.

Never did it before, but if this would happen to me as Jason (repeatedly being stunned with the same sweater and counselor just trolling) it would be the first time I would end this game as Jason (ragequit).

@Wolledclol it took me a while to realize that this was in the game and never knew about it til now. 

Sweater canceling is common practice with knowledgeable players.  Maybe an Jason might get butt hurt about it if he previously didn't know about it 😂

I used to use it quite often for kill Jason, but I now no longer play with an mic, so it's just easier to let Tommy do it since I can't vocally coordinate with him.  I actually use it now mostly when Tommy is dead/escaped as a free stun surviving the night.

You can cancel basically every animation in this game, as Jason or counselor. 

Has been that way since launch.

12 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Sweater canceling is common practice with knowledgeable players.  Maybe an Jason might get butt hurt about it if he previously didn't know about it 😂

I used to use it quite often for kill Jason, but I now no longer play with an mic, so it's just easier to let Tommy do it since I can't vocally coordinate with him.  I actually use it now mostly when Tommy is dead/escaped as a free stun surviving the 

@GeneiJin and @SirMang these videos for an example. 

35 minutes ago, GamingNerd93 said:

If you know how to spray cancel, you can do that as well so you don't need to activate the sweater on item drop location.  Just make sure you are damage at some degree, otherwise you can't cancel (because you need to be able to heal).

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 9:30 AM, Wolledc said:

You only get stunned with the sweater once. But if you drop Jason and hit him again he lifts off his knees and re drops. So you can do this over and over until the weapon breaks.

On 12/28/2019 at 6:32 AM, GamingNerd93 said:

Yeah this is nothing new

😂

27 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

You only get stunned with the sweater once. But if you drop Jason and hit him again he lifts off his knees and re drops. So you can do this over and over until the weapon breaks.

Yeah this is nothing new

😂

Or lure Jason to a spot where there's a bunch of weapons on the ground/bunch of counselors with weapons and do it to him over and over and over.  Have seen a Jason stuck in the lift/drop animation for almost 5 minutes before.  Shocked the dude didn't quit. 

• Haha 1

I’ll sweater cancel just to be a bully Jason at the end of the round. Or to save myself or others lives. So either to be useful or to be a jerk to Jason 😂 

I survived this Jason here and decided to sweater cancel at the end of the round just for the lols

23 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I’ll sweater cancel just to be a bully Jason at the end of the round. Or to save myself or others lives. So either to be useful or to be a jerk to Jason 😂 

I survived this Jason here and decided to sweater cancel at the end of the round just for the lols

@DontZzz34what I'm shocked at is that the Deborah player stayed alive that whole round, the other three people quit idk why, probably thought he was trash or not trying hard enough. I do the same if I am surviving the night. 

24 minutes ago, GamingNerd93 said:

@DontZzz34what I'm shocked at is that the Deborah player stayed alive that whole round, the other three people quit idk why, probably thought he was trash or not trying hard enough. I do the same if I am surviving the night. 

Yeah he wasn’t that great of a Jason lol