Wolledc

No NEW CONTENT due to lawsuit, but...

18 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Right, but they did do something like "Make Jason Unstunnable in Rage", which was something I've wouldn't have thought they would go as far.  It's funny, @mattshotcha said that players are split on altering Killing Jason, but yet I'd imagine if they consulted first regarding the Rage Buff with the community, there would have been way more push back against it.

We know it's not a 50/50 split. We were told more people were against changes than in favor of them.

This game has been quite the emotional roller coaster for some.

• Like 4

On 1/1/2020 at 4:40 AM, GeneiJin said:

Right, but they did do something like "Make Jason Unstunnable in Rage", which was something I've wouldn't have thought they would go as far.  It's funny, @mattshotcha said that players are split on altering Killing Jason, but yet I'd imagine if they consulted first regarding the Rage Buff with the community, there would have been way more push back against it.

Especially when you consider it makes playing low stamina/speed characters completely useless in the final act of the game. They have no way to defend themselves except to hope they're dealing with a noob/low level Jason and they happen to have a shottie, a knife and medic in their back pocket. This further drives the already lame meta towards speed/stamina since even though they can't defend themselves either. They can keep Jason away from them for much longer.

My, what an original post. 🧐 I mean honestly, how many posts are we going to have twisting words and wishing for new content? 🤦‍♀️

No

New

Content

No new movies with Friday the 13th as the title. No new games. 🤔 How long has it been since there was a Friday the 13th movie anyway? What's it been, 11 years? And before that, the last movie with Friday the 13th in the title was 1989. So statistically speaking, I'd say we're about due for another Friday the 13th movie in 2029. That sound about right?

🤷

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

My, what an original post. 🧐 I mean honestly, how many posts are we going to have twisting words and wishing for new content? 🤦‍♀️

Judging by the last 10 current threads (wishing for new content / what if... / questions for patches) in this forum‘s section we wouldn’t have hardly anything to talk about, if we wouldn’t have those posts, would we?

so personally I am glad that our fantasy and spirits are still out there. 

And yes, we definitely may not get anything new for THIS game. but who knows: someone might be out there and just now listen to all of us, our crazy ideas and if there even is a slight chance that this special someone is taking our ideas as inspiration for a totally new game (whatever it may be called) I am fine with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolledc said:

Judging by the last 10 current threads (wishing for new content / what if... / questions for patches) in this forum‘s section we wouldn’t have hardly anything to talk about, if we wouldn’t have those posts, would we?

And yes, we definitely may not get anything new for THIS game. but who knows: someone might be out there and just now listen to all of us, our crazy ideas and if there even is a slight chance that this special someone is taking our ideas as inspiration for a totally new game (whatever it may be called) I am fine with it.

I agree, there has to be other developers that have noticed the success of F13 the game and are also aware of its potential. This leads me to believe that we will eventually get another game (once lawsuit settles of course which could be years away). 

1 hour ago, Wolledc said:

I find new things to test and talk about almost every day. There are still so many game mechanics that aren't fully understood yet.

1 hour ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I agree, there has to be other developers that have noticed the success of F13 the game and are also aware of its potential. This leads me to believe that we will eventually get another game (once lawsuit settles of course which could be years away). 

Hopefully they learn from the mistakes that were made. Example: had this game been called Summer Camp Slasher and just featured Jason Voorhees as one of the killers, then we'd theoretically still be getting new content and maps. Just not Jason related content or maps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wish they would make another game in this style for another franchise that wouldn't end up having these legal problems. We could have a Leatherface game, Chucky, Return of the Living Dead, etc.. So many possibilities. I'm sure many that we could list wouldn't end up strangled by a lawsuit. It's sad that F13 didn't get to reach its full potential. Really could've been one of the best games ever made. I still think it's amazing, but damn. We missed out on a lot because of those 2 babies and their arguments about money.

11 minutes ago, masterkeef42o said:

I wish they would make another game in this style for another franchise that wouldn't end up having these legal problems. We could have a Leatherface game, Chucky, Return of the Living Dead, etc.. So many possibilities. I'm sure many that we could list wouldn't end up strangled by a lawsuit. It's sad that F13 didn't get to reach its full potential. Really could've been one of the best games ever made. I still think it's amazing, but damn. We missed out on a lot because of those 2 babies and their arguments about money.

I have a gut feeling that Gun is possibly working on a Halloween game. There have been many clues they are trying to get a new license and there has been past tweets between Ryan Turek (Halloween 2018 producer) and Wes hinting at a possible collaboration in the future. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

I have a gut feeling that Gun is possibly working on a Halloween game. There have been many clues they are trying to get a new license and there has been past tweets between Ryan Turek (Halloween 2018 producer) and Wes hinting at a possible collaboration in the future. 

I Just hope Gunmedia doesent  make some goofy silly game like Toxic Avenger or Swamp Thing.

Wes Keltner has said he would like to do Halloween.

Wes Keltner also said that he would like Kirk Hammet The guitarist from Metallica to help with the next games soundtrack. Wes announced this on twitter months ago.

I Just hope that its Texas Chainsaw Massacre because i seen Wes Keltner tweet to Bill Mosley on Twitter that he would like to work with him in the future or something like that.

I Would like to see Gunmedia remake The sega genesis classic WARLOCK game based on the movie Warlock.

On 1/1/2020 at 4:40 AM, GeneiJin said:

It's funny, @mattshotcha said that players are split on altering Killing Jason, but yet I'd imagine if they consulted first regarding the Rage Buff with the community, there would have been way more push back against it.

This is why their split community argument has next to zero credibility imo, the player base has always been divided with each of the changes they made to the game since its release. The only valid point they have provided as to why the ease of the Jason kill will probably never be addressed is the place its occupying in their priority list. They have more urgent issues to fix and the sad thing is that most of those issues were created by them in the first place while they tried to fix other things.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:38 PM, Wolledc said:

While we all know that nothing new is coming for this game, it never hurts to ponder what could have been. I for one enjoy the conversations we've collectively had here, even if others don't.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:44 PM, IcrazyKid855 said:

I'm not a developer, but I am taking notes for another take on an F13 game. If it is within my power to make it happen down the road, I will. If not, my notes will end up in the hands of a trustworthy party that can hopefully make it happen one day.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:54 PM, makred78 said:

This is why their split community argument has next to zero credibility imo, the player base has always been divided with each of the changes they made to the game since its release. The only valid point they have provided as to why the ease of the Jason kill will probably never be addressed is the place its occupying in their priority list. They have more urgent issues to fix and the sad thing is that most of those issues were created by them in the first place while they tried to fix other things.

Honesty, I think there will always be a division of opinion in any game. It''s unlikely that any game has 100% approval of the people with any decision made.

On 1/2/2020 at 9:22 PM, glowing ooze said:

im going to battle the lawsuit from ground zero by playing as shelly tonight when i get off work.

Let us know how that battle turns out. 😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2019 at 4:06 PM, aurllcooljay said:

I remember somewhere it was stated that kills from SPC will remain exclusive and not be implemented in regular matches, even offline.

That sucks,  why?  Also give us correct spruce green overalls for roy and add roy to virtual cabin

On 12/28/2019 at 3:05 AM, Strigoi said:

July 2020 the lawsuit is expected to be over.

Im hoping that Wes Keltner will get overwhelmed with response to create and add a second add on pack or a whole new friday the 13th game for fans.

Stopping at part 5 pinehurst was terrible.

We need  Jarvis house small and Pinehurst small.

We need at least 2 more summer camps.

I just want to be able to play as Pamela or 2009 Jason :(

5 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

I just want to be able to play as Pamela or 2009 Jason :(

Better luck next game...whenever that is.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

That sucks,  why?  Also give us correct spruce green overalls for roy and add roy to virtual cabin

How are Roy's coveralls  not right?

21 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

How are Roy's coveralls  not right?

Because in game you either get dark blue or faded green when it should be spruce green like in the movie. The movie lights made them look blue. Thete was a thread about this a while back.

21 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Because in game you either get dark blue or faded green when it should be spruce green like in the movie. The movie lights made them look blue. Thete was a thread about this a while back.

"Spruce green" is a generic name and there are probably a hundred shades of it. I don't think it's game breaking if his coveralls are faded a bit. Which also probably depends on where you have your gamma set.

I saw in another thread asking about adding the pitchfork and speargun as new weapons. The speargun I can’t see. Because of “new content”. But the pitchfork wouldn’t be new content at all. No new animations needed either. Did everyone forget that the pitchfork was used as a weapon for Jason in the trailer before the game even launched. 

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I saw in another thread asking about adding the pitchfork and speargun as new weapons. The speargun I can’t see. Because of “new content”. But the pitchfork wouldn’t be new content at all. No new animations needed either. Did everyone forget that the pitchfork was used as a weapon for Jason in the trailer before the game even launched. 

Yeah but that requires work so you know....lawsuit.😉

• Haha 1