TommysMightyChin

Don't Ya Just Love It Though?

This place is fairly doom and gloom and we know this game is chugging along in it's late, final girl with a bloody mouth and burnt nipple developmental stage but how about a thread of some the things that we do like?

I know this game and PARTS of its community is fucky but at the same time, it kinda adds to the charm a bit for me. No game has made me saltier than F13, no game has made me cheer as much when a bunch of other randos take down the best slasher of all time! Getting wiped by a Kill Team in the first 5-10 minutes of a game as Jason was humbling as hell, I'm not the greatest at the game nor even average but getting whooped like that? OOF! Escaping by boat, car, cops and surviving the night at times with a sliver of health as I watch AJ slugging those goth boots and punk ass over the finish line for the cops, does give me a sense of achievement.

Playing against a Jason and his little teamers (and when it was available) getting ontop of the roof in Packanack (i swear only to out manoeuvre the teamers...) having my counsellor do the running man to a chorus of "hacker, cheater, f****t, people like you ruin the game!"? Priceless!

The random neon glows, the car getting launched into orbit, counsellor carcass getting flung to the far reaches, perks not working how theyre supposed to and the abuses there of all add to the charm for me.

While I'm here, I tried Dead By Deadlight and it doesnt compare to F13 in anyway, yeah it maybe polished, yeah it may have a bigger playerbase but the game just isnt as fun, theres no touch of character that slight edge to it you know?

In mild summary this game is fucked and I love it for it, yeah wondering of what coulda and shoulda been can make you annoyed but hell I've gotten hours upon hours of entertainment, laughs and salt out of it.

Now forum, which parts/memories of the game do YOU love?

• Like 5

I love all the glitches tbh. They're what really keeps me coming back. They make the game just as cheesy as any 80s horror movie ever was. Which totally adds to the nostalgia for me. I think the game is perfect just the way it is.

Some day, after they shut the servers down and the game is truly dead, I'll get back on here and tell the forum members what was really possible in Friday the 13th: the game. Some of the best kept secrets are pretty mind blowing...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I love the Fuck out of this game!!! I recently bought it for my nephew who was visiting from Texas for Christmas!!! 
we are going to have a blast with it the next few months leveling him up and showing him the in and outs of the game.... I will forever be happy with the game and what it’s given us fans regardless of the issues and glitches. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

While I'm here, I tried Dead By Deadlight and it doesnt compare to F13 in anyway, yeah it maybe polished, yeah it may have a bigger playerbase but the game just isnt as fun, theres no touch of character that slight edge to it you know?

I started out playing F13 but I’ve transitioned into Dead by Daylight. I prefer DbD when compared to F13 mostly because I just feel like the game is balanced much better and more fairly. DbD gets better dev support and more frequent updates for obvious reasons of course. However I’ve been enjoying Offline Bots in F13 and it makes me wish DbD had a similar game mode. I’m just a huge Friday the 13th fan so I love the game for its faithful and accurate representation of the movies.

1 hour ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I love the game for its faithful and accurate representation of the movies.

For sure. I rewatched all the movies in the fall after playing the game all year and the detail and faithfulness the game has to the films is really to be admired. That part of the team did a great job in that regard. 

• Like 1

I've been a gamer back since Atari first gave me Pac Man and Asteroids.  From there I moved on to Nintendo and beyond with Sega genesis,  Playstation, Xbox, Xbox 360, and finally Xbox one,  plating countless hours of electronic fun. Halo, Pirates of the Caribbean,  the Conflict games, Gauntlet, Star Wars Battlefront, and others have been my favorites. But lately I've been focused on F13 simply because I love playing for the chance to survive the night. I'm also an avid movie buff and I've watched all the F13 and Halloween movies enough times to quote them, along with others. Playing F13 gave me the chance to experience what would happen in my favorite horror movie franchise. Escaping in the car, boat or to the police gave me a sense of achievement like no other game. I probably can't explain it fully, but I love it and will always be grateful for this game and it's appeal. It's what makes it easy for me to ignore the toxic players and keep going. In a way, dealing with the toxic online elements is like dealing with Mr.  Voorhees. So yes, I do love this game and will continue to play. Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Thanks 1

@SonofOdin6039

I totally agree and can fully identity with yr post, Especially the last 15 lines „playing F13 gave me...“. so true.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I started end of the 80s with a C64 and besides many basic games one of my favorite ones had been Domark‘s 1986 hit „Friday 13th“.

The Gameplay and graphic was simple and 1980s Classic 2D Pixel if you know what I mean. Sound was great btw.

being now able to play this game some 30 years later in a much more advanced version (I am deaf to all the critics that compare the game to actual graphic and gameplay standards) is more or less wonderful. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Wolledc said:

@SonofOdin6039

I totally agree and can fully identity with yr post, Especially the last 15 lines „playing F13 gave me...“. so true.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I started end of the 80s with a C64 and besides many basic games one of my favorite ones had been Domark‘s 1986 hit „Friday 13th“.

The Gameplay and graphic was simple and 1980s Classic 2D Pixel if you know what I mean. Sound was great btw.

being now able to play this game some 30 years later in a much more advanced version (I am deaf to all the critics that compare the game to actual graphic and gameplay standards) is more or less wonderful. 

Totally agree.  Believe it or not,  I still have working consoles of Nintendo, Playstation,  and xbox. One of the games that still works from time to time is the NES version of F13. Goofy and crude by today's standards, sure, but awesome for back then. And I played that one simply because it's an F13 game. Sometimes it's not about achievements,  points,  or power ups. It's simply because you have fun playing it. So I agree with you about being deaf to the critics. Just enjoy the game.  That's what matters in the end. Cheers, and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

i simply dont have the amount of time it would take for me to fully discribe how much i love this game because i'll be too busy playing it later...

• Like 1

This game has a strange appeal to me.  Technically it's not a fighter, but it has tons of fighting game mechanics/fundamentals such as canceling tech, spacing, and footies.  Add a touch of Forza and God of War, then top it off with healthy amount of glitches, bugs, and general brokeness.... You have this game.