Problem; I often find keys and drop them near car if its not ready.  Car ends up fixed and keys are gone, only to find out some guy is running around with them far away.

Fix; Make it possible to "insert in ignition" and tied to vehicle.  Maybe if it would be easier, code it similar to how gas and battery are added but easier. Like 1-2 skill checks max.

5 minutes ago, FirstPost said:

Problem; I often find keys and drop them near car if its not ready.  Car ends up fixed and keys are gone, only to find out some guy is running around with them far away.

Fix; Make it possible to "insert in ignition" and tied to vehicle.  Maybe if it would be easier, code it similar to how gas and battery are added but easier. Like 1-2 skill checks max.

Welcome to the forums @FirstPost  Sad to say that there is no chance of your proposed plan to be implemented into the game. They have stated that they are only working on bugs and glitches from here on out.
I do agree with you however that it is really annoying when someone takes the keys from beside the car all the way across the map. 

It's even more annoying when the person starting the vehicle decides to take off before anyone can get inside, or worse yet, start  running over people. 😡

Depends on the people you're playing with in the game. If it's a game of normal people, I'll stop and let people in. If it's a cesspool of toxic people then I stop for no one and run anyone over in my way.

• Like 2

When they made this change, it got mostly crushed here on the forums. However they really should've just went the distance and made it so once counselors entered a cabin, the objective items would be seen on the map. Also make it so they could be tracked by attaching the item to said counselors. This way, the items would be tracked at all times. If they were going to make such a change, they should've just went with that approach.