Jump to content
Strigoi

Jason,Stun Kill Broken not sensitive enough.

Recommended Posts

I Just wish someone would listen.

early this morning i was playing the game and i became Tommy Jarvis another female character player signaled me by flicking her flashlight.

so we ran to the shack demasked Jason after about 6 or 7 hits to his mask.

then she used the sweater and then i swung the axe to Jasons head and Jason didnt fall to his knees and the x symbol never showed up.

this is a glitch that needs fixed.

Jason needs to be more sensitive to the strike to the head to stun him to his knees.

sometimes the Sweater stun kill set up is bugged and is not sensitive enough.

Anywhere Tommy strikes Jason in the head should bring Jason to his knees during the sweater stun.

The Tommy Jarvis head strike during the sweater stun should be more sensitive and machetes should also work to strike Jason in the head during the sweater stun.

I Know that im going to be called stupid,Troll,Retarded for telling the truth in this forum. but im allowed to have opinions without personal attacks.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Just wish someone would listen.

early this morning i was playing the game and i became Tommy Jarvis another female character player signaled me by flicking her flashlight.

so we ran to the shack demasked Jason after about 6 or 7 hits to his mask.

then she used the sweater and then i swung the axe to Jasons head and Jason didnt fall to his knees and the x symbol never showed up.

this is a glitch that needs fixed.

Jason needs to be more sensitive to the strike to the head to stun him to his knees.

sometimes the Sweater stun kill set up is bugged and is not sensitive enough.

Anywhere Tommy strikes Jason in the head should bring Jason to his knees during the sweater stun.

The Tommy Jarvis head strike during the sweater stun should be more sensitive and machetes should also work to strike Jason in the head during the sweater stun.

I Know that im going to be called stupid,Troll,Retarded for telling the truth in this forum. but im allowed to have opinions without personal attacks.

I’m sorry but I could not disagree with you more,, all Jason’s are easily stunned,  add that to his awful combat, pathetic grab, make it much to easy to troll him,  I’m  very experienced as Jason, but to really work hard to kill a lobby of good players,  I don’t have to work even half as hard when being a counselor, it’s not even close.

killing Jason is the easiest objective to do in this game so easy it’s boring, if you are having trouble you are defiantly timing it wrong;

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just love when people try to kill Jason w/out sucker punch and get upset he doesn’t always drop to his knees. Then try to say it’s a bug. It isn’t a bug it just means he wasn’t stunned by the hit 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we go again. Dude, if Jason is too hard for you to kill in his current state, maybe you need to go back to the Mario games. It takes no skill whatsoever to pull off the Jason kill. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your end goal is to be Tommy and kill Jason if you're not running sucker punch then the fault is on you for not kneeling him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The axes stun stat is low for starters. The Machete (the only other weapon that can kill Jason) and the Fire Poker are the only two lower than that. Attempt with someone other than Tommy stunning Jason and see how that goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@Strigoi, as @Somethin Cool, @DontZzz34 and @SirMang have suggested, use the Sucker Punch perk.

Tbh though, you're probably not going to get the kill on a good Jason if both the Tommy and sweater girl are running high level sucker punch. An alternative is to talk a third counselor into knocking Jason to his knees. Preferably with a bat or frying pan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Strigoi I'm going to try to be nice here.   I've already read your post here and your other recent one and I'll tell you, Jason killing is easy.  Yes, Jason can run away, hide in the water, or face the wall like a teacher sent him there after disrupting the class.  These are NOT a problem, because Jason is now no longer playing the game.  Killing Jason is only one win condition.  If he is too afraid or overly cautious to advance on counselors, then counselors gets to unchallenged, call the cops, drive out, or turn on a radio and dance the night away.   There is an reason why I, and others, have been clamoring for ether making the kill harder or giving Jason additional protection since just the kill setup is enough essentially the game breaker.  You say you are good, but I don't think you're as good as you think.  I'll say I'm pretty decent, and I can't see how the Jason kill is difficult at all.

At the risk of teaching someone with an bad attitude such as yourself, I'm linking an recent killing spree w/ my boys we did recently.  We did this just too highlight how easy and out of hand killing Jason is and that it needs to be addressed.  We played 15 games, 9 game Jason died, 2 Jason was spared by a no kneel stun, 1 unchallenged escape protected by the sweater + Tommy, 1 Jason rage quit after demask, leaving only 2 games where we can say Jason won, with only 1 game Jason kept his mask. Quickest game was 3:37, with the longest 7:26 for Jason dying.  

I failed to considered that we were playing on discord, but I really don't think it was too much of a factor, and we might redo this without in again sometime soon just to prove that discord wasn't.

If you haven't already have your pref set to Jason, then I strongly suggest you do so.  If you don't play Jason, you are only playing half the game, playing Jason will strengthen your counselor game, and you will have a better appreciation to Jason which you seem to lack.
 
 

@mattshotcha  Please comb though this video.   Please consider to ask your developers for some kind of change to protect Jason.  These games ended too quickly that no one, not Jason or players not in our group, gets to play other than what we set out to do.  If there is only one thing I can ask for, just give Jason Damage immunity until rage.  This will guarantee that Jason isn't killed within 5 mins in the game and give Jason players some leeway before worrying about the game ending.   It won't change the game for players not looking for the kill, and forces kill squads to actually survive Jason before earning the right to kill him rather than having them trivializing Jason as fast as they can.

Oh and Merry Christmas to All!! 😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Tbh though, you're probably not going to get the kill on a good Jason if both the Tommy and sweater girl are running high level sucker punch. An alternative is to talk a third counselor into knocking Jason to his knees. Preferably with a bat or frying pan.

Another post of yours that sounds good in theory, but doesn't exist in reality. 

I've played as Buggzy with Thrasher, Marathon, Sucker Punch - all epic. 

1 or 2 axe swings, by myself, and the mask is off. 

Equipping sucker punch has zero negative effect on killing Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Another post of yours that sounds good in theory, but doesn't exist in reality. 

I've played as Buggzy with Thrasher, Marathon, Sucker Punch - all epic. 

1 or 2 axe swings, by myself, and the mask is off. 

Equipping sucker punch has zero negative effect on killing Jason. 

I wouldn't say "zero negative effect", as a stunned hit wastes durablity on the axe or machete especially on Buggzy.  I'm guessing @Somethin Cool is directing that at @Strigoi, and not at someone more knowledgeable about getting guaranteed damage off of stun recovery where sucker punch isn't going to be effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my personal opinion, I think using a party chat program like Discord or similar programs gives kill squads a slightly unfair advantage where as if you were forced to use only the in game method to communicate there is a chance a Jason player would hear what is being planned and somewhat prepare himself for what is coming not that there is a whole lot they could do anyway. I prep myself for the kill every match. I've watched every trapping method video to protect the shack, I've spent ungodly amount of hours on the bots studying the Tommy box spawn patterns that aren't given away by the intro videos and I am about 75% accurate on the first morph.On Crystal Small or Higgins Large I'm 90% getting it first morph. So I don't make it easy. Even doing all that there are squads that will get by all that I'm sure your group can. My biggest downfall is I don't block near enough to protect myself, I gotta start working on that since  I usually main part 5 or part 2 just for the traps. I know not the best choices but I don't like part 3 for some reason, his abilities just don't recharge fast enough for my taste, 5's recharge much faster from my point of view and I'm  good at knife throwing so I'd rather have the + knife perk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Just my personal opinion, I think using a party chat program like Discord or similar programs gives kill squads a slightly unfair advantage where as if you were forced to use only the in game method to communicate there is a chance a Jason player would hear what is being planned and somewhat prepare himself for what is coming not that there is a whole lot they could do anyway.

Yes, well you're not necessarily wrong, I agree.  We ended up using discord since, with this group, we always play on the chat, even when we are Jason.  I think maybe a little longer, like a minute, if we used game chat.  You can always mute Jason if you're worried he is "sniping" on the conversions.  As I said, we might redo it off discord, but I think my point is still supported even with it on.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

 I prep myself for the kill every match. I've watched every trapping method video to protect the shack, I've spent ungodly amount of hours on the bots studying the Tommy box spawn patterns that aren't given away by the intro videos and I am about 75% accurate on the first morph.On Crystal Small or Higgins Large I'm 90% getting it first morph. So I don't make it easy. Even doing all that there are squads that will get by all that I'm sure your group can.

You have a very good trapping route.  I'm also very mindful about the kill, so it's best to assume a Jason kill attempt will happen.  In the 2 games Jason won on our killing spree, both manage to cut and trap Tommy box first.  The first one we manage to fix and call Tommy, but the last female was killed on the way to the south shack on Pinehurst.  The 2nd one was me as Jason, and box was protected.  These are the only 2 games that things didn't get out of hand for Jason, and that's only because Tommy call wasn't free.  Trapping Tommy box is the only consistent counter play.

This is what I don't like about Killing Jason, too much depends on whether Tommy was call.  This game can easily devolve into ether Tommy was called then Kill Jason as swiftly as possible or Jason stop the call then we can actually play the regular game.  Sure Jason can fight back, and the better ones are likely to survive it more often that arn't, but any Jason player can be trivialized by knowing some of the cheapest tactics you can do to Jason.  This is why I think having damage immunity till rage will help balance.

 

Edit: Hey guy's, it's my 13th hundred post :P

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

This is why I think having damage immunity till rage will help balance.

Wouldn't this encourage counselors to swarm Jason in an attempt to hurry him into Rage? 

EDIT: I've started treating every Jason-round as a potential "These motherfuckers are going to try and kill me" round until proven otherwise. Granted, that doesn't mean drastically altering my play-style, it just means keeping a closer eye on sound rings/"far-aways" (when you use Sense and see a tiny little red dot because they're halfway on the other side of the map) that are in the general direction of the shack, we well as the progress of repairs (getting halfway through a match without even one single attempted repair is a red flag) and the aggressiveness of the counselors. Nothing screams "Jason-kill attempt" like a mob of counselors with machetes/axes loitering around. 

Aside from the obvious answer of "enormous gap in skill level", I've found that one of the biggest factors in whether a kill-attempt will succeed or fail is how Jason responds to the shack being invaded. The little group of friends that I kill Jason with has killed God-knows-how-many Jason's since we've started playing together and the majority of the time, they don't even respond to the shack being invaded, opting instead to wait to see if sweater-girl shows up before taking the possibility of being killed seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SirMang said:

Another post of yours that sounds good in theory, but doesn't exist in reality. 

I've played as Buggzy with Thrasher, Marathon, Sucker Punch - all epic. 

1 or 2 axe swings, by myself, and the mask is off. 

Equipping sucker punch has zero negative effect on killing Jason. 

You're a beast of a counselor, I'm sure...

Lol I'd really love to see you land all these heavy attack wake up hits that you keep talking about against Jason's with skill. You wouldn't get close enough to get 1 hit off without running thick skin...

18 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I wouldn't say "zero negative effect", as a stunned hit wastes durablity on the axe or machete especially on Buggzy.  I'm guessing @Somethin Cool is directing that at @Strigoi, and not at someone more knowledgeable about getting guaranteed damage off of stun recovery where sucker punch isn't going to be effective.

Exactly...

Nobody with skill is complaining that Jason is OP. But tbh Mang's a little butthurt from some previous conversations. He's apparently never come across a Jason that was skilled at combos, and apparently thinks he can handle any J with the way he talks...

I never run sucker punch tbh. It's for noobs. There are far more valuable perks that aren't worthless post rage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Just my personal opinion, I think using a party chat program like Discord or similar programs gives kill squads a slightly unfair advantage where as if you were forced to use only the in game method to communicate there is a chance a Jason player would hear what is being planned and somewhat prepare himself for what is coming not that there is a whole lot they could do anyway.

Mute the Jason. Always mute the Jason. They can't hear you and you can't hear them if you mute them. It goes both ways.

9 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

My biggest downfall is I don't block near enough to protect myself, I gotta start working on that since  I usually main part 5 or part 2 just for the traps. I know not the best choices but I don't like part 3 for some reason, his abilities just don't recharge fast enough for my taste, 5's recharge much faster from my point of view and I'm  good at knife throwing so I'd rather have the + knife perk.

Part 3 and part 5 are nearly identical. The only noticable difference between the two is you're trading weapon strength for more throwing knives but less hitpoints. Recharge rates are the same. Part 2 is -shift so the recharge rate is 40 seconds pre rage, or 10 seconds longer than part 3 and 5. The trade off for that is 2 extra traps and +morph, which means the recharge rate is 20 seconds pre rage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're a beast of a counselor, I'm sure...

Lol I'd really love to see you land all these heavy attack wake up hits that you keep talking about against Jason's with skill. You wouldn't get close enough to get 1 hit off without running thick skin...

Exactly...

Nobody with skill is complaining that Jason is OP. But tbh Mang's a little butthurt from some previous conversations. He's apparently never come across a Jason that was skilled at combos, and apparently thinks he can handle any J with the way he talks...

I never run sucker punch tbh. It's for noobs. There are far more valuable perks that aren't worthless post rage.  

Butt hurt?  bahahaha

I just got tired of seeing your posts on the game like you're some kind of expert and all these things you post are 100% gospel. 

Fact of the matter is running sucker punch has no effect on being able to kill Jason.  Zero.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  

If your goal is to kill Jason every match, then he'll never get to rage.  So whatever perks you want to choose based on the fact it's useless in rage mean absolutely nothing.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Wouldn't this encourage counselors to swarm Jason in an attempt to hurry him into Rage?

They could counter that by making rage not based on damage but timer based ,which a few people have suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Butt hurt?  bahahaha

I just got tired of seeing your posts on the game like you're some kind of expert and all these things you post are 100% gospel. 

Fact of the matter is running sucker punch has no effect on being able to kill Jason.  Zero.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  

If your goal is to kill Jason every match, then he'll never get to rage.  So whatever perks you want to choose based on the fact it's useless in rage mean absolutely nothing.   

Hits that stun do very little damage. Almost none. Sucker punch causes hits to stun. Which means the only time you're actually doing damage is when the hits don't stun. The only way to make that happen is wait for rage or use wake up hits because they can't stun.

Your bullshit heavy attack wake up hits DO NOT work on a Jason that knows what he's doing. You will miss, then he will spin around and either slash or grab you every single time. Light attacks however, will work. But you won't be demasking Jason in 2 hits with a light attack.

Of course you're also giving up durability with every stun. Buggzy is getting 3 hits max out of a sharp weapon. Wouldn't matter much for Tommy, except if you died trying to get a wake up hit with Buggzy.

Now you're at the shack with the sweater girl and a Jason with nearly full health (not in rage) and you're trying to get that mask. Wouldn't normally be a problem, except every time you hit him it's a stun. That axe only has 5 hits, so every one counts. Of course you miss the heavy attack wake up hits so you end up breaking the axe on stuns. Then you die.

I'm sure you and your buddy have killed plenty of unskilled or low level Jason's using those very perks and methods. But that doesn't mean that it's a good idea to use them. And I certainly wouldn't be bragging about taking advantage of low level Jason's.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Wouldn't this encourage counselors to swarm Jason in an attempt to hurry him into Rage? king the possibility of being killed seriously.

Well, of course if you're a kill squad :P.  But isn't that still better than what we have now, with Jason being demasked before he gets shift?    If there is only one thing I can get, it would be damage immunity until rage, but if I get one more change to complement it, then it would be reducing rage gained from taking hits/blocks.  Both sides will benefit.  Counselor's would have more stun chances before rage to get objectives/escapes done, while Jason gets a longer grace period on average before becoming kill-able and starts with full HP when he gets rage.  Jason players decides how they want to manage that rage bar, which can be vital when dealing with Sweater Girl + Tommy before demask.  It adds another layer of thought for Jason play, which is good.

14 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

They could counter that by making rage not based on damage but timer based ,which a few people have suggested.

That would be fine too. I like the idea of reducing rage gained since it wouldn't effect overall time length without taking hits, while still extending the stun-able window on average than what is now current.

17 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

II never run sucker punch tbh. It's for noobs. There are far more valuable perks that aren't worthless post rage.  

I've never been a fan of it, even before the rage buff, but it is useful when you're planing on being a designated Tommy, if your planning on stunning with an axe.  That stream was actually the first time I've every put that perk on Vanessa :P.  But otherwise, I would agree.  Solo play and tournament play it's too situational.

13 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Your bullshit heavy attack wake up hits DO NOT work on a Jason that knows what he's doing. You will miss, then he will spin around and either slash or grab you every single time. Light attacks however, will work. But you won't be demasking Jason in 2 hits with a light attack.

Heavy attack will hit on wake up,  but your timing has to be exact.  That window is very tight, if he move ever so slightly to the sides it will miss.  If you're early, no damage, if you're late, wiff and punished.   Back up is nice when going for these hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...