How would you feel if the Jason kill removal were to happen?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if the Jason kill removal were to happen?

• Ecstatic - I would play the game a whole lot more.
    • Content - I'd enjoy the game a little more than I currently do.
    • Neutral - I wouldn't care either way, and play about the same as I do now.
    • Disappointed - I enjoy the kill, and would be a little bummed, but I'd still play.
    • Pissed - I'd give up on the game, as my favorite option would be gone, and there'd be no more reason to play.

25 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Ginny planted the machete in Jason's shoulder while he still had the mask on. 

Chris planted the axe in Jason's mask.

Roy technically died with his mask on. They show it falling off as he falls to his death but nobody demasked him.

Tommy kills J6 with his mask on.

J9 gets pulled to hell by demons with his mask on.

JX dies with his mask on twice.

fvJ dies with his mask on.

At this point the only thing I can say is play better. And sometimes that won't be enough. But you can still die and be a badass Jason, as long as you put up an epic fight. If you hide in the water, you're a bitch. Plain and simple. If you're playing your best match ever, but you still die in the end and you went down swinging, you're a beast. Tell them GGs and be happy in the knowledge that they won't be so lucky next time. If you get killed more often than not, practice until you get better. Learn some new techniques and strategies. Get better. And at the end of the day remember this:

It's just a game

I Agree Jason has waaay to many defenses to end up being killed.

1. hiding in the water

2.Facing away from the sweater stun and facing solid objects such as cabins.

3. Slashing everyone to death.

4. Morphing and shifting away from the sweater stun.

people who complain about the threat that they may be killed as Jason are probably just sorry terrible Jasons.

Ive witnessed a Good Jason player slash everyone to death outside jasons shack when Jasons mask is off.

Its easy to slash everyone to death avoiding the sweater stun as Jason because the sweater girl has to pause and get into the right stance giving Jason time to slash quickly and kill the sweater girl or Tommy first.

If your getting killed as Jason you may be lacking Jason skill.

@SirMang the real fact of the matter is 99% of quick play Jasons are unskilled casuals that get butthurt when they run into tryhard counselors. They act like dying as Jason is the end of the world. Like it's some huge embarrassing thing. The fact is it means nothing. It's just another way to end the match. Trust me, tryhard Jason's aren't complaining because they're dying in quick play. Most of them only want to be able to use block like they can on host. And a few extra hit points because one hit demask builds are still a thing.

Going for the Tommy box will absolutely give you  a 33% chance of not having to worry about dying as long as you have half a brain and can defend it. And that's just going in blind. If you pay attention to the cutscene it can be 100% chance. And yet nobody goes for the box. Hell I'm impressed if the Jason traps any objective anymore.

How about when they go all grab happy and think they're going to grab kill a couple of Buggzys with machetes? Should we go ten times the hitpoints because the Jason player is stupid?

When was the last time you ran into a lobby that was actually filled with Jason killers? Let alone good ones? Most lobbies I end up in there are maybe 2-3 that might possibly go for the kill if the opportunity presents itself, and the rest of the lobby isn't doing a damn thing. If a Jason dies in a lobby like that, I'm sorry but I don't feel a damn bit bad for them.

I preach smart tactics because no one else does anymore. They'd rather sit here and complain to the devs because Jason is a bitch. How about calling for the removal of the kill? "Jason's weak, let's just take it away." But the fact of the matter is, Jason is a bitch because they make him a bitch. Who's really to blame for that? Not the devs...

@Somethin Cool 

All it requires is 2 people in a lobby to go for the Jason kill. This notion that it requires groups is ridiculous.  You go in with a friend and work on getting the mask off, you can both be Vanessa or one of you can be Vanessa doesn't matter.  Whoever is Vanessa just gets out of dodge once the mask is off and the other person just dies.  Either to Jason directly, to one of his trapped objectives or to his friend setting a trap.  Whichever is handy. 

Going for the Tommy box is meaningless.  100% meaningless.  Unless you're just gonna hang out at that box all game long, if there's more than 2 people who want the call to go through, it's going through.  You ain't stopping it.  And that's if you guessed the right power box to begin with and morphed close enough to it in case someone spawned right at the Tommy house.  Pack small for example the Tommy house 90% of the time is in the same 3 cabins, so my first morph is up to the power box that sometimes is by one of the exits.  If someone spawns at the Tommy house?  I can't get to that power box faster than they can get the call off. 

There's 1 way to stop a Jason kill almost every time, and no it's not hiding in the water.  It's playing as Part II and putting 5 traps on the shack which will force people to go through at least 2 of them and if they're not paying attention or being pushed by Jason at the time they're trying to get in, they might hit one of the other 3.  Of course then you're only trapping the fuse box once and one car once.  You're giving up a car escape or a boat escape most likely, but you're not dying. 

And sorry, Jason is a bitch because the devs made him a bitch.  I've never asked for removal of the kill, I'm asking to make the kill more difficult.  I should not be able to demask Jason in one hit 30 seconds into a match, quick play potato or vet, it should not happen.  Jason has absolutely no control over a match unless the entire lobby of counselors are potatoes. 

You can preach "smart tactics" as much as you want, but fact of the matter is those "smart tactics" are meaningless and easily countered.   Block slash is great, in theory, except for the fact if the person you're doing this to decides to take your hit and hit you right back because you can't get back into block quick enough.  Even if you grab a knife and use the quick knife tactic, if a Vanessa, Chad or Buggzy is close enough they can run up and get a free shot on you while doing it.  Shift slash is great, except if you have a counselor who is unafraid to take a hit, they also have a free shot on you.   CS breaking doors is great, again unless you have a fast counselor who can't get to you before you break the door down because you guessed it, free shot.  Even if you do all of these "smart tactics" and get lucky, all it takes is one fireworks, one shotgun or one flare to open you up to indefensible hits.   And that doesn't even bring up the fun of morph trapping as a counselor, which does damage, is unable to be missed by Jason and leaves him open for yet another indefensible hit.  

You have to have your head on a constant swivel as Jason because you're in way more danger than any of the counselors and sorry, that's pretty ass backwards for a game based on an unstoppable killing machine. 

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Its easy to slash everyone to death avoiding the sweater stun as Jason because the sweater girl has to pause and get into the right stance giving Jason time to slash quickly and kill the sweater girl or Tommy first.

WHAT? 

If you're wearing the sweater and you allow multiple counselors to get killed in front of you as well as Tommy, you're an idiot for not just pressing triangle on PS, no idea corresponding buttons on other platforms.  

You can get slashed by Jason and hit triangle right after he hits you and sweater stun him.  

There is no proper stance.

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

WHAT? 

If you're wearing the sweater and you allow multiple counselors to get killed in front of you as well as Tommy, you're an idiot for not just pressing triangle on PS, no idea corresponding buttons on other platforms.  

You can get slashed by Jason and hit triangle right after he hits you and sweater stun him.  

There is no proper stance.

He's a space cadet. That's my only explanation...

All it requires is 2 people in a lobby to go for the Jason kill. This notion that it requires groups is ridiculous.  You go in with a friend and work on getting the mask off, you can both be Vanessa or one of you can be Vanessa doesn't matter.  Whoever is Vanessa just gets out of dodge once the mask is off and the other person just dies.  Either to Jason directly, to one of his trapped objectives or to his friend setting a trap.  Whichever is handy. 

Ok so now you only have 50/50 chance of one of your pair coming back as Tommy.  If there ever is a Tommy. 

Going for the Tommy box is meaningless.  100% meaningless.  Unless you're just gonna hang out at that box all game long, if there's more than 2 people who want the call to go through, it's going through.  You ain't stopping it.  And that's if you guessed the right power box to begin with and morphed close enough to it in case someone spawned right at the Tommy house.  Pack small for example the Tommy house 90% of the time is in the same 3 cabins, so my first morph is up to the power box that sometimes is by one of the exits.  If someone spawns at the Tommy house?  I can't get to that power box faster than they can get the call off. 

Lol a second ago we were talking two people. Now there's more? Still doesn't change the fact that a trap will alert you to someone messing with your box. Also noise pings will alert you that someone's in the general area of your box. Guessing the right power box isn't that hard if you pay attention to the cutscene and your map. Yes, actually you can get to the box before someone gets the call off. Grab one throwing knife ONLY and morph to the box. You will beat them every time. Assuming you get the right box. 

There's 1 way to stop a Jason kill almost every time, and no it's not hiding in the water.  It's playing as Part II and putting 5 traps on the shack which will force people to go through at least 2 of them and if they're not paying attention or being pushed by Jason at the time they're trying to get in, they might hit one of the other 3.  Of course then you're only trapping the fuse box once and one car once.  You're giving up a car escape or a boat escape most likely, but you're not dying. 

There are many ways to stop a Jason kill. A mix of throwing knives and slashes coupled with using shift and morph effectively will be your best bet. I'm not sure what using more than 4 traps at the shack would do since the counselors would only ever have to trip two max to get in the shack but that's not the best way. Also not sure what using traps up at the shack has to do with allowing a boat escape.

And sorry, Jason is a bitch because the devs made him a bitch.  I've never asked for removal of the kill, I'm asking to make the kill more difficult.  I should not be able to demask Jason in one hit 30 seconds into a match, quick play potato or vet, it should not happen.  Jason has absolutely no control over a match unless the entire lobby of counselors are potatoes. 

Hey I did say the one hit build is stupid

You can preach "smart tactics" as much as you want, but fact of the matter is those "smart tactics" are meaningless and easily countered.   Block slash is great, in theory, except for the fact if the person you're doing this to decides to take your hit and hit you right back because you can't get back into block quick enough.  Even if you grab a knife and use the quick knife tactic, if a Vanessa, Chad or Buggzy is close enough they can run up and get a free shot on you while doing it.  Shift slash is great, except if you have a counselor who is unafraid to take a hit, they also have a free shot on you. 

If you know they have any kind of previous damage (broken glass damage, broken window crawl, throwing knife they didn't heal from, etc):

Knife from a safe distance= 1 hit. Followed by a shift. Exit shift into combat stance right next to them. Slash once (light attack). Now they're crippled. Enter block. Move with them while blocking. Wait for their partner to swing (they always do). Exit combat stance with sprint. Quickly toss them a throwing knife (you're too close to miss). Immediately follow that up with a slash. Now they're dead. What's your counter to that? 

If you think they have full health throw two knives from a safe distance then shift slash for the instant cripple. Obviously will take an extra swing to get the kill if you're not a weapon strength Jason.

CS breaking doors is great, again unless you have a fast counselor who can't get to you before you break the door down because you guessed it, free shot.  Even if you do all of these "smart tactics" and get lucky, all it takes is one fireworks, one shotgun or one flare to open you up to indefensible hits.   

Breaking doors in CS allows you to block cancel a hit. They won't be able to swing fast enough to get a hit in before you block. Even in quick play. It's true that fireworks, shotguns, and flares open you to wake up hits, but only if the counselor gets the timing right. Which is usually not the case.

And that doesn't even bring up the fun of morph trapping as a counselor, which does damage, is unable to be missed by Jason and leaves him open for yet another indefensible hit.

Morph trapping doesn't do damage. I've tested that. And I'd bet you don't get the timing right to land a hit out of morph trapping. And that's assuming you're standing right there.

You have to have your head on a constant swivel as Jason because you're in way more danger than any of the counselors and sorry, that's pretty ass backwards for a game based on an unstoppable killing machine.

You should have to focus. It's 7 v 1 ffs. If you want a simulator of what it's like for the counselors first day at camp against Jason, play the bots. A high level counselor has been to camp many times. Why wouldn't it be more of a challenge? 

On 12/24/2019 at 5:39 AM, DontZzz34 said:

But Trish de masked Jason with 1 machete swing. 😂😂

So ONLY the final girl can demask Jason/Roy?  (That would be Jenny Myers for the game).   I doubt if that can improve the gameplay.  

i think its an important feature for matching the tone of the movies. the way you go about doing it is something fans of the series can appreciate. combinding elememts from a few different movies to give you a classic jason defeat. it doesnt matter if its too easy or not. much like the rainy nights in the game, i feel the jason kill is a must.

no, its not my favorite objective, & i think it should be more difficult to pull off, but the game would seem kinda empty without it.