How would you feel if the Jason kill removal were to happen?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if the Jason kill removal were to happen?

• Ecstatic - I would play the game a whole lot more.
    • Content - I'd enjoy the game a little more than I currently do.
    • Neutral - I wouldn't care either way, and play about the same as I do now.
    • Disappointed - I enjoy the kill, and would be a little bummed, but I'd still play.
    • Pissed - I'd give up on the game, as my favorite option would be gone, and there'd be no more reason to play.

I feel the kill should be in the game as it is a cool feature..... I enjoy the actual mechanics involved removing the mask stunning Jason with the sweater ect...

But it should definitely be much harder to accomplish.

All Jason’s need more mask hit points or invincibly frames when recovering from stuns or animations that allow for free hits and damage.

( or both at this point)....

• Like 4

I feel the kill is fine it just needs to become an option ONLY when there is a final girl and Tommy remaining. If that parameter isn't met then the sweater prompt should never appear.

I said content based on the way the kill is now.

It's way too easy and happens far too often.

I'd rather there not be a kill option than how it currently exists.

That being said, if they made the kill actually difficult and felt like you had to work for it, I'd be all for the kill remaining in game. 

Killing Jason should be the most difficult thing for the counselors to do in the game not the easiest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

Killing Jason should be the most difficult thing for the counselors to do in the game not the easiest. 

Agree 100%. Unfortunately, only the community here (apparently a very small fraction of the player base) are the one’s that see this. 

I think like-minded people playing matches together more might ease a bit of the tension in the game. If you want to kill Jason match after match, find people who enjoy that sort of thing. If you don't want to kill Jason at all, play with people who feel the same way.

@OCT 31 1978, I agree that the kill is a part of the experience that reminds you of the effort of the characters in the movies.

@F134Ever86, that would have been an interesting option to have implemented.

@SirMang, if only we could turn back time and make a change or two to make it a bit more challenging.

@Dragonfire82877, there are choice people on each social media platform that feel the kill is too easy. It seems to be a more popular stance here on the forum.

• Like 3

This is a dumb topic.  Jason died in every movie.  A freakin 10 year old killed him!

Theres plenty of 'like minded' people on Dead By Daylight, if you cant handle being killed. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You seem to have missed the point of the topic @RaidCasto.

1. No one is arguing what happened to Jason in the movies. I personally find it admirable that a youth was able to take down a legendary slasher.

2. Like-minded people exist in both F13 and DBD. I play both, and have no problem finding decent players in either game.

3. The holidays are almost here. Don't be such a jerk, unless you want that stocking full of coal.

In the future, if you have a quarrel with the context of a topic, you have the option to not respond.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The threat of the kill causes players to evolve into great Jason's based on the fear that they might be killed if they don't perform well. Take away the kill and you take away any incentive to better yourself...

• Like 1

@RaidCasto 

Actually technically, Jason died once in all of the movies.  Part IV.  

JGTH is a foggy mess on if you want to consider him dead once or twice.  

But the other movies he's clearly not dead in any of them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RaidCasto said:

This is a dumb topic.  Jason died in every movie.  A freakin 10 year old killed him!

Theres plenty of 'like minded' people on Dead By Daylight, if you cant handle being killed. 

Jason was defeated**** not died. He only really died in part 4

Personally, I think other male counselors outside of Tommy should be able to kill Jason, but only after certain conditions are met so it's not overly easy.

Beta was more chaotic because Jason couldn't be killed.

The game was much more fun back then.

You wanna break up the redundancy of Vanessa/Tiff lobbies?

They should've added a female hero like Tina or someone else so the hero would be random and if the lobby didn't have a healthy balance of both genders, then the kill would be off the table.

Example?

Entire lobby is some combination of Vanessa/Tiff and maybe a Deb, AJ, Fox or Vicky thrown in and the hero turns out to be Tina? No kill for that lobby since the male would use hair cutting tools to distact Jason the same way Tommy did in Part 4 to allow the female to kill him. Vice versa if by some chance the entire lobby were male counselors and Tommy spawned. No kill for them.

From the looks of the Grendel data mining. Jason would be killed a different way, by Kay Em with some sort of gun type weapon instead.

What's done is done though. The stale meta will remain. Nobody has to worry about any significant changes that are intentional. Only the unintentional bugs.

• Like 1

This game has a clunky, buggy combat system that favors the counselors over Jason.    And its the only reason why killing Jason is even remotely easy in the 1st place. 

IMO removing the Jason kill would be a quick fix, make the game more enjoyable.    

If I was in charge... I would keep the Jason kills in the game as is.  And change this.

- Jason melee attacks should disarm counselors

- Jason melee attacks should destroy the sweater.

- Counselors should not drain stamina when jogging. (Only running)

- Counselors should NOT gain stamina when hitting Jason.  Instead counselors lose stamina when attacking, even if they hit Jason or not.

-  Tommy does not enter the game till late game.

-   Once all that's added ^.  Remove Jasons Stun Immunity during rage.  And cut stun time by 50-75% instead.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I would feel disappointed!

As would I brother. Thankfully, we have nothing to worry about.

21 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

It just needs to be made harder to do it. 

Many people feel that way, but it's not likely to happen unfortunately. We have what we have. While it's not perfect, it is better than nothing.

20 hours ago, MichaelCrawford said:

Personally, I think other male counselors outside of Tommy should be able to kill Jason, but only after certain conditions are met so it's not overly easy.

That would have been interesting.

18 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

What's done is done though. The stale meta will remain.

Many have come to terms with this.

14 hours ago, HuDawg said:

IMO removing the Jason kill would be a quick fix, make the game more enjoyable.

Quick fixes don't always end well.

I know you among many others here have ideas that could have made things subjectively better. In a multiverse, who knows what incarnations of the game could have come to fruition, if any one change was put into place.

• Like 4

Disappointed if it is removed. A nice addition would be for male counselors (Tommy is not a counselor) to demask the killer only.  Meta for kill squads is to get female counselors (Vanessa cough cough) for the sweater and wait for Tommy to spawn.  Male counselors are 2nd rate choices for this game sadly.  

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

But Trish de masked Jason with 1 machete swing. 😂😂

And Tina de-masked Jason just with her mind!  ;) 

In fact, I cannot think of a time where it was a male who actually de-masked Jason. 

So in accordance to the movies, I propose a change.  Only female counselors can damage and de-mask Jason.  The catch is only male counselors can come back as Tommy.  This would stop an all Vanessa lobby.  It would also put some more strategy as Jason on who to kill and not kill right away in a kill lobby.

A second idea I would be all for would be a skill check game to de-mask Jason.  In Part II Jason is obviously knocked out on his ass.  While knocked out Ginny pulls the sack off of him.  This could be the mechanic necessary to de-mask Jason.  Make it so it's rage only, as Ginny does this at the end of the movie, so Jason has to be shot and put on the ground by a shotgun.  A female character then has to come over to his body and perform a skill check challenge to actually remove the mask.  If you screw up a skill check Jason gets up.  To make it so you're not instantly dead, he goes into a full stun animation while standing so people can get out of dodge.  This will give more strategy to using a shotgun during a match, and not just waste it. 

Either of these changes would make it harder to kill Jason.  The first change is pretty arbitrary while the second change is way more ambitious. 

Neither will happen.  LMAO 

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

And Tina de-masked Jason just with her mind!  ;) 

In fact, I cannot think of a time where it was a male who actually de-masked Jason. 

So in accordance to the movies, I propose a change.  Only female counselors can damage and de-mask Jason.  The catch is only male counselors can come back as Tommy.  This would stop an all Vanessa lobby.  It would also put some more strategy as Jason on who to kill and not kill right away in a kill lobby.

A second idea I would be all for would be a skill check game to de-mask Jason.  In Part II Jason is obviously knocked out on his ass.  While knocked out Ginny pulls the sack off of him.  This could be the mechanic necessary to de-mask Jason.  Make it so it's rage only, as Ginny does this at the end of the movie, so Jason has to be shot and put on the ground by a shotgun.  A female character then has to come over to his body and perform a skill check challenge to actually remove the mask.  If you screw up a skill check Jason gets up.  To make it so you're not instantly dead, he goes into a full stun animation while standing so people can get out of dodge.  This will give more strategy to using a shotgun during a match, and not just waste it. 

Either of these changes would make it harder to kill Jason.  The first change is pretty arbitrary while the second change is way more ambitious. 

Neither will happen.  LMAO 

Ginny planted the machete in Jason's shoulder while he still had the mask on. 

Chris planted the axe in Jason's mask.

Roy technically died with his mask on. They show it falling off as he falls to his death but nobody demasked him.

Tommy kills J6 with his mask on.

J9 gets pulled to hell by demons with his mask on.

JX dies with his mask on twice.

fvJ dies with his mask on.

At this point the only thing I can say is play better. And sometimes that won't be enough. But you can still die and be a badass Jason, as long as you put up an epic fight. If you hide in the water, you're a bitch. Plain and simple. If you're playing your best match ever, but you still die in the end and you went down swinging, you're a beast. Tell them GGs and be happy in the knowledge that they won't be so lucky next time. If you get killed more often than not, practice until you get better. Learn some new techniques and strategies. Get better. And at the end of the day remember this:

It's just a game

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Ginny planted the machete in Jason's shoulder while he still had the mask on. 

Chris planted the axe in Jason's mask.

Roy technically died with his mask on. They show it falling off as he falls to his death but nobody demasked him.

Tommy kills J6 with his mask on.

J9 gets pulled to hell by demons with his mask on.

JX dies with his mask on twice.

fvJ dies with his mask on.

At this point the only thing I can say is play better. And sometimes that won't be enough. But you can still die and be a badass Jason, as long as you put up an epic fight. If you hide in the water, you're a bitch. Plain and simple. If you're playing your best match ever, but you still die in the end and you went down swinging, you're a beast. Tell them GGs and be happy in the knowledge that they won't be so lucky next time. If you get killed more often than not, practice until you get better. Learn some new techniques and strategies. Get better. And at the end of the day remember this:

It's just a game

See you post this like you think I'm coming from the perspective of being a butthurt guy that he gets killed as Jason.

Fact of the matter is I don't give a shit if I get killed as Jason.  I know how easy it is to do.  I know how boring and dull it is to do as your main goal for every match.  And I know how much worse it is when idiots go hiding out in the water.

Want a guaranteed Jason kill against me?  Just go grab my sweater.  I'll purposely go find people and just stand there.  I can stop the kill or at least try to stop the kill, but why bother?  Why care?  Coming from the counselor side I know how absolutely ridiculously easy it is to kill Jason,.  Match after match.  Jason skill level not mattering.  

I find it most humorous when someone grabs my sweater in the first minute of a match.  I'll seek out counselors to get beat on and put up no resistance.  Then sit there laughing to myself as they're all confused that I won't do anything, so they'll beat on me some more thinking it will make me do something.  I'll laugh some more as now almost 10 minutes have passed, nothing is fixed, and they're still standing by me bewildered of what to do.  I then wonder how long it's gonna take for 2 of them to escape, or someone to start running over people with the car, or setting traps for each other to die in.  

I post coming from the other side of the kill.  It's so god damn easy to kill Jason, it's boring.  It's prevalent in almost every match.  The meta for this game is stale as fuck.  At this point I'm just playing matches with a friend or two until I can get my 1000 Jason matches and my platinum and if the game is still in this state when I do?  Fuck it.  I'm done. 

You post all these suggestions, all these ideas on how to be better as Jason to stop the kill.  To stop the Tommy call.  It's all bullshit man.  You know it, I know it and the majority of this board knows it.  Anyone, as Jason, will encounter indefensible hits every match.  If the counselors want to call Tommy and work as a group, there's nothing you can do to stop it.  Unless you're placing multiple traps at the shack, trapping the shack is pointless and by multiple I mean at least 4 so someone has to go through 2 to get in.  You talk about how Jason can control who comes back, newsflash, he can't.  Jason can be demasked in the first 30 seconds of a match and 30 seconds later 2 people are dead, 2 people he may have never even saw, and 1 of them is coming back as Tommy. And a minute later Tommy spawns in. Congratulations you're now being hunted 2 minutes into a match.  I know this, because I've done this.  it's how I've killed multiple Jason's in under 4 minutes.  

Fact of the matter is as Jason you have little to no control over anything in the match.  That is pathetic for a game that is supposed to be about Jason Voorhees.  Instead it's about beating on Jason Voorhees and ultimately killing him, match after match, if you so feel like it.  Stale.  Boring.  Dull.  No challenge. 

It is just a game, and unfortunately the game kinda sucks.