I've ran into two Jasons this week who were cheating via some type of speed hack/exploit on PS4. Both were able to slash through doors in less than two seconds at times and could shift seemingly without cooldown* (see edit below), and were shifting faster than I've ever seen. You could literally see Jason moving as he shifted, like a laser beam.

Anyone else seen this? I didn't think this kind of thing was possible on consoles, but it's happened twice this week. I have video proof of one of them that I've considered emailing to the Jason Kills Bugs blackhole, but wanted to get some actual feedback so I figured I'd post about it since I haven't seen talk of it.

EDIT: Now that I've gotten to review the video, I'm not detecting a no-cooldown situation. But, everything else applies.

EDIT Part II: adding video (being a dick to Jason because I thought he was cheating);

• Like 1

Strafe Shifting and Double Tapping doors are glitches/techniques. What you are describing probably is not a hack. I like Strafe/Speed Shifting but I don't use Double Tapping because it requires way more practice lol

Double Tapping is like canceling the endlag of a light slash with a heavy slash if the weapon bounces off of something

7 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

Strafe Shifting and Double Tapping doors are glitches/techniques. What you are describing probably is not a hack. I like Strafe/Speed Shifting but I don't use Double Tapping because it requires way more practice lol

Double Tapping is like canceling the endlag of a light slash with a heavy slash if the weapon bounces off of something

I have heard of and seen Strafe Shifting but not double tapping the doors.

17 minutes ago, ExpertDual said:

Interesting. I've not experienced any signs of these until just this week. The double-tapping could explain them getting through the doors so fast, but the shifting was what really raised a brow. Does this technique enable a way for them to bypass cooldown? It seemed like little to no time was going by in between shifts.

2 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

Interesting. I've not experienced any signs of these until just this week. The double-tapping could explain them getting through the doors so fast, but the shifting was what really raised a brow. Does this technique enable a way for them to bypass cooldown? It seemed like little to no time was going by in between shifts.

@SteveChristy oh yeah. If you just hold R1 while doing shift you can move with the left analog. Its really easy to do, it increases your total range slightly since you are moving during the long Startup and turning is alot easier. You could shift upstairs, chase someone around sharp corners, or stop cars driving towards you more easily with -Minus Shift

6 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

@SteveChristy oh yeah. If you just hold R1 while doing shift you can move with the left analog. Its really easy to do, it increases your total range slightly since you are moving during the long Startup and turning is alot easier. You could shift upstairs, chase someone around sharp corners, or stop cars driving towards you more easily with -Minus Shift

Thanks for the info. I guess it isn't an exploit really if it can be done so easily. I can see it being a way to play in which the devs didn't intend, but if there's no hacking or no glitching (technically) I suppose it's fair game.

Here's some video on it for those who either haven't seen it, or are just now encountering it like me. Note; I'm being a d*ck to the Jason guy because at the time I was sure he was cheating via a hack somehow. I'm not normally an asshole player. 😄

He's using morph a lot to try to catch you too. Morph, turning stalk on, and shift all give off static. Seems he was frantically trying everything to catch you. He definitely seems to have some skill. I probably know him tbh. There aren't too many people that use double tap that I don't know.

7 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

He's using morph a lot to try to catch you too.

Yeah, at 1:53 that was a morph, which explains why he was able to did it so quickly in between shifts.

That Jason was really good. IMO good Jasons put you on a Death Timer with Shift and Morph eventually they'll hit if you don't have good Stealth. He never even got Rage if he had Rage he would be even faster lol

On 12/18/2019 at 3:29 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Haven’t seen this.... didn’t think it was a thing on console without getting into the code of the game.....

@mattshotcha anything like this been reported for consoles?

I am not going to comment on the video but it is apparently possible to modify the PS4 and still play online.

A while back I did a search and apparently the PS4 encryption on games/saves was defeated and there are ways to edit saves just like last gen to perform exploits and whatnot.

11 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

A while back I did a search and apparently the PS4 encryption on games/saves was defeated and there are ways to edit saves just like last gen to perform exploits and whatnot.

The end result of which causes you to not be able to play with other people.

Did you even watch the video? He was just using shift, morph, and stalk effectively to try to get the kill. He's not cheating. He's just being a good Jason...

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

The end result of which causes you to not be able to play with other people.

Did you even watch the video? He was just using shift, morph, and stalk effectively to try to get the kill. He's not cheating. He's just being a good Jason...

I can't tell how many people message me calling me a hacker when I'm doing the same thing. Haha. It's not a hack people. Those are simple techniques anyone can learn, you just ran into a Jason out of your league. 

• Like 1

Sometimes it's easy to mistaken techniques and luck as hacking. As an example there was one time I ran into a Vanessa who somehow managed to have three pocket knives and a medspray while on the run. At first I considered it could be a hack until I went back and watched the recording I'd saved. You can hear a drawer being searched as I was chopping down the door. Talk about dumb luck. Here's the video by the way if you want to see what I mean:

On 12/18/2019 at 11:58 PM, SteveChristy said:

Thanks for the info. I guess it isn't an exploit really if it can be done so easily. I can see it being a way to play in which the devs didn't intend, but if there's no hacking or no glitching (technically) I suppose it's fair game.

Here's some video on it for those who either haven't seen it, or are just now encountering it like me. Note; I'm being a d*ck to the Jason guy because at the time I was sure he was cheating via a hack somehow. I'm not normally an asshole player. 😄

Yeah he wasn’t cheating. Did you end up surviving?

On 12/21/2019 at 11:22 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Yeah he wasn’t cheating. Did you end up surviving?

I did. I got him a bit frustrated and he started making some mistakes like not breaking windows, etc. Then, I finally got him to my favorite cabin with the two interior door ways where there are beds all around. I was able to break line of sight and loop around that area as he was looking for me. I steal a lot of time with Jasons in that cabin, as they walk outside to check sense and see that I'm still there, then get convinced I'm hiding under a bed and start stabbing them all. That strategy has saved my neck more times than I can count.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I did. I got him a bit frustrated and he started making some mistakes like not breaking windows, etc. Then, I finally got him to my favorite cabin with the two interior door ways where there are beds all around. I was able to break line of sight and loop around that area as he was looking for me. I steal a lot of time with Jasons in that cabin, as they walk outside to check sense and see that I'm still there, then get convinced I'm hiding under a bed and start stabbing them all. That strategy has saved my neck more times than I can count.

Nice

On 12/19/2019 at 12:58 AM, SteveChristy said:

If they're bypassing the cooldown it's an exploit. That's like saying destroying the cars with Jason's knife isn't an exploit because it's easy to do. There's supposed to be balance, Part 3 shouldn't be able to take a door out just as fast as a Part 4 or 8. That's why each Jason has strength and weaknesses to add balance and make each one different. 

I just wish they could actually fix the car glitch, double tapping doors, sliding, (etc) the techniques most advanced players wanna use to survive. 

The car knife glitch honestly needs top priority, not environmental kills. It's starting to become a meta in the game and happening to frequently. Although I been told the devs still have no clue how to fix it, so that's great. 

1 hour ago, Brogan322 said:

If they're bypassing the cooldown it's an exploit. That's like saying destroying the cars with Jason's knife isn't an exploit because it's easy to do. There's supposed to be balance, Part 3 shouldn't be able to take a door out just as fast as a Part 4 or 8. That's why each Jason has strength and weaknesses to add balance and make each one different. 

I just wish they could actually fix the car glitch, double tapping doors, sliding, (etc) the techniques most advanced players wanna use to survive. 

The car knife glitch honestly needs top priority, not environmental kills. It's starting to become a meta in the game and happening to frequently. Although I been told the devs still have no clue how to fix it, so that's great. 

Double tapping doors isn’t really that game breaking. Counselors can spray cancel to. I think both of those along with a few other advanced techniques like trap-CS-Blocking, etc are perfectly fine. People want to call it exploits but I think it’s more advanc tech than anything. 

but yeah knifing cars and sliding are pretty bad exploits that I wouldn’t mind seeing the devs get rid of entirely. 

28 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Double tapping doors isn’t really that game breaking. Counselors can spray cancel to. I think both of those along with a few other advanced techniques like trap-CS-Blocking, etc are perfectly fine. People want to call it exploits but I think it’s more advanc tech than anything. 

but yeah knifing cars and sliding are pretty bad exploits that I wouldn’t mind seeing the devs get rid of entirely. 

Get rid of the spray cancel for counselors healing too then. I know most of my complaints will never be fixed but I wish people would play the game as it's intended to be played. 

45 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

Get rid of the spray cancel for counselors healing too then. I know most of my complaints will never be fixed but I wish people would play the game as it's intended to be played. 

Get rid of spray cancelling if they remove knifing cars.. did I just read that correctly? 

You can still knife a counselor if they are spray cancelling.. if the counselor takes any damage during the spray cool down, the heal won't go through. you just need to have a good aim. There's a counter to just about everything except cars being launched.

It sounds like you need to start learning on how to stop cars.All in all.. get good. Sorry. 

3 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

If they're bypassing the cooldown it's an exploit. That's like saying destroying the cars with Jason's knife isn't an exploit because it's easy to do.

You can't bypass the cool down on console. It's just not possible.

There's supposed to be balance, Part 3 shouldn't be able to take a door out just as fast as a Part 4 or 8. That's why each Jason has strength and weaknesses to add balance and make each one different. 

There is balance. You should see how fast part 4, 8, and Savini can take down a door. 

Sounds to me like someone isn't as good at killing Jason as he'd like to be. I have no problem killing Jason's, even if they're using advanced techniques and strategies.

The car thing does have to go. I agree. The fastest way to make me go tryhard Jason killer is knife my car.

1 hour ago, Brogan322 said:

I wish people would play the game as it's intended to be played. 

Start knocking down doors by holding R2 then. Let me know how many kills you get in a lobby full of Vanessa's when it takes you half an hour to knock down a single locked door. The only thing that amazes me is the fact that they never bothered speeding any of these animations up. There is a reason that absolutely nobody is using them. Even just standing in combat stance and swinging away is way faster. Earlier you talked about balance. Double tap is balance. Balance against Vanessa running medic thick and hypo.

6 hours ago, Brogan322 said:

A6128739-2A47-4A86-84D9-65A06224F668.jpeg.3f0d5b050db8e6094daa6cb84f3aaa7d.jpeg

as others have said go ahead and play as intended and use the devs bs animations they made and get punished for every single thing you do. Normal door breaking animation, window breaking, placing a trap, grabbing a knife, opening doors, do all that as jason and get stunned and danced/teabagged on by counselors every time you purposely do a punishable move. If you want to play as “intended.” 😂 

same w/ reg spray animation. You can punish that way too easily as jason and you can still counter spray cancels.. as said above. 

These are all advanced Jason techniques which most can only be achieved by using a game controller on PC. Game playing Guru uses all these techniques. You can only do a few of these "tricks" with keyboard and mouse. Somethin have you ever played against Guru?